Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Elsa from Frozen

Powderpuff

I have another art thread here, but that one only has school stuff, which is pretty different from this...so this one gets its own thread, I suppose.

I couldn't get "Let it Go" outta my head, so I used it as inspiration to draw Elsa, lol. Did the sketch in pencil on a tiny sketchpad, then scanned it and colored it in GIMP. She was super fun to color. 

post-13188-0-70047400-1389254230_thumb.png

Every time I do something digitally I make it a point to state that I am definitely not used to working this way, but sooner or later I should stop using that excuse :P It's not feeling so unnatural or alien to me anymore.

And I might as well post this other drawing I did of her too. This one I did a few weeks ago, it's done in crayola crayons (lol) on a canvas board. 

post-13188-0-28841300-1389258634_thumb.jpg

The picture is ugly and grainy cause I planned on taking a proper one when I finished it, but...well, never finished it.

I have a great idea for a digital Anna drawing next, taking the exact pose, lighting and colors from this portrait I painted of a live model... http://fav.me/d70f2q4 So, fun stuffs to come :)

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 7

It may be grainy, but it's still good.  Your ability shows.  And for a time I couldn't get that song out of my head either.  ;)

But why is her nose so red?  ;P

• Brohoof 1

It may be grainy, but it's still good.  Your ability shows.  And for a time I couldn't get that song out of my head either.  ;)

But why is her nose so red?  ;P

Thanks! It's a crazy catchy song, haha.

The nose is kinda drastically red, isn't it? I suppose I think red noses are cute and I associate them with coldness, but I may have overdone it, lol. 

I've finished the pencil sketch for her sister, so I'm gonna color her now :D

20140109_01_zpsff49d745.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Oh my god

as probably biggest Frozen fan NA

I absolutely LOVE these! Adding them to my Frozen art folder now.

I really like te grainy quality, TBH, makes it look really unique!

• Brohoof 1

Thanks guys! That Demi Lovato cover, yeah...definitely not my cup of tea!  ^_^

I finished that painting of Anna, got it to look a lot like the original oil painting. Super happy about that. 

post-13188-0-63905600-1389504736_thumb.jpg

I really have so much to learn when it comes to digital art, but it's still a lot of fun. It's a great alternative to oil painting when I don't have my supplies with me...although the actual, physical thing will always be best for me :)

• Brohoof 1