Sign in to follow this  
Powderpuff

Visual Art Elsa from Frozen

(edited)

I have another art thread here, but that one only has school stuff, which is pretty different from this...so this one gets its own thread, I suppose.

I couldn't get "Let it Go" outta my head, so I used it as inspiration to draw Elsa, lol. Did the sketch in pencil on a tiny sketchpad, then scanned it and colored it in GIMP. She was super fun to color. 

post-13188-0-70047400-1389254230_thumb.png

Every time I do something digitally I make it a point to state that I am definitely not used to working this way, but sooner or later I should stop using that excuse :P It's not feeling so unnatural or alien to me anymore.

And I might as well post this other drawing I did of her too. This one I did a few weeks ago, it's done in crayola crayons (lol) on a canvas board. 

post-13188-0-28841300-1389258634_thumb.jpg

The picture is ugly and grainy cause I planned on taking a proper one when I finished it, but...well, never finished it.

I have a great idea for a digital Anna drawing next, taking the exact pose, lighting and colors from this portrait I painted of a live model... http://fav.me/d70f2q4 So, fun stuffs to come :)

Edited by Powderpuff

It may be grainy, but it's still good.  Your ability shows.  And for a time I couldn't get that song out of my head either.  ;)

But why is her nose so red?  ;P

Badges

It may be grainy, but it's still good.  Your ability shows.  And for a time I couldn't get that song out of my head either.  ;)

But why is her nose so red?  ;P

Thanks! It's a crazy catchy song, haha.

The nose is kinda drastically red, isn't it? I suppose I think red noses are cute and I associate them with coldness, but I may have overdone it, lol. 

I've finished the pencil sketch for her sister, so I'm gonna color her now :D

20140109_01_zpsff49d745.jpg

O.o simply amazing! Share your mystical art powers with me.

No one could get Let it Go out of their head, its just that good, except if your refering to the Demi Lavato cover

Oh my god

as probably biggest Frozen fan NA

I absolutely LOVE these! Adding them to my Frozen art folder now.

I really like te grainy quality, TBH, makes it look really unique!

Thanks guys! That Demi Lovato cover, yeah...definitely not my cup of tea!  ^_^

I finished that painting of Anna, got it to look a lot like the original oil painting. Super happy about that. 

post-13188-0-63905600-1389504736_thumb.jpg

I really have so much to learn when it comes to digital art, but it's still a lot of fun. It's a great alternative to oil painting when I don't have my supplies with me...although the actual, physical thing will always be best for me :)

:angry: I'm kinda mad right now because Let it Go didn't win the Golden Globe for best original song. IT BETTER WIN THE OSCAR