Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronycon-voy 2014

Stick Shift

@PartyW/Pinky - Well have a good flight, I just took a trip to Boston and United kept giving us trouble on the way there! Otherwise, see you in Baltimore!

@Scootalove - I hope so too, the more the merrier!

As for everyone else, I haven't put up a whole lot of info yet as I'm still gathering interest from people. The convoy is still a go, I just have a busy semester (18 Credits and it's my final semester) so my updates from now to May might be few and far between. All I ask if if you are interested in joining please fill out the Google forum as it will help me find matches for those looking for rides with those willing to give them, also it will help me figure out where to setup meeting points along the route and plan the timing of the whole trip. Once May gets here I will post the times, meeting points, and any other essential info for the trip and at the end of June I hope to have everything all ready so we have a one month window in-case of any last minute sign-ups, drop-outs, or any other issues. I look forward top hearing from you all and it's only about 5 months till the con!

Have a fun and safe spring break!

• 2 weeks later...

i just got done going over a rough draft of the schedule for the convoy, let me know what you think.

As of now I was calculating the time for the trip and here is what I have at the moment:

I will be leaving from Crivitz, WI (On vacation up there that week) 12:00 am 7/31

I have a group of people that I am planning on meeting up with around the Chicago area and I plan on arranging that around 5 am (7/31) and I'm adding 30 min to the schedule for delays/load time.

The next stop would be in Indiana (Either Fort Wayne or Indianapolis, waiting on a response from someone) around 8:30, with another 30 min for delay'load time.

Then I planned to stop just outside of Columbus, Ohio for lunch. I found a nice area that has a few food selections just off the highway. lunch from 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm.

Then it will be about a 3 hour drive with a stop planned in Uniontown, PA which has some decent food options.

Arrive in Uniontown 3:45 pm and leave by 4 pm

After a short stop there (15 min) it is the final leg of the journey and we arrive in Baltimore around 7:15 pm.

Now these time are not set in stone yet as I haven't confirmed meeting time with everyone and I do understand that there will need to be stops for fuel and bathroom breaks. I have added a little time into each stop to plan for this. I will also have walkies for communication between the cars. 

I hope you this is helpful!

On another note, I still have 4 available spots with 2 on hold so If you are still looking for a ride let me know! You get to ride in an awesome High-top conversion van with leather seats and a TV! Also I'll have lots of snacks and drinks aboard for the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd much prefer to go for the roadtrip alternative if I could, seeing as this year I'll be going by the only means I have, train, which is a twelve-hour trip to and back from the convention, and I'd be by myself, which is not only boring but also causes my anxiety of missing stops or getting lost to fly through the roofs of Olympus itself. Sadly though, I'm in Vermont, which is next to Maine, which always seems to be too out of the way and non-negotiable for absolutely everyone I've ever heard of talking about car-pooling.

If that's not an issue however, I'm obviously completely for the idea, and would love to see if I can be a part of this.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly though, I'm in Vermont, which is next to Maine, which always seems to be too out of the way and non-negotiable for absolutely everyone I've ever heard of talking about car-pooling.

Perhaps you could take a train to a major city/something on the route rather than all the way? If you write down the train schedule and/or ask when is your stop, it should be a breeze. ;)

I'd much prefer to go for the roadtrip alternative if I could, seeing as this year I'll be going by the only means I have, train, which is a twelve-hour trip to and back from the convention, and I'd be by myself, which is not only boring but also causes my anxiety of missing stops or getting lost to fly through the roofs of Olympus itself. Sadly though, I'm in Vermont, which is next to Maine, which always seems to be too out of the way and non-negotiable for absolutely everyone I've ever heard of talking about car-pooling.

If that's not an issue however, I'm obviously completely for the idea, and would love to see if I can be a part of this.

There are a few people coming from Durham, Maine and somewhere mid state Maine that are driving down that are willing to pick up people along the way. Don't know their route but I could get you their info if you would like.

There are a few people coming from Durham, Maine and somewhere mid state Maine that are driving down that are willing to pick up people along the way. Don't know their route but I could get you their info if you would like.

That would be cool :3

• 1 month later...

Well just thought I would give an update, I still have 4 spots open in my van. I updated the original post with a route map and a time schedule, if you are going to the con and live near the route and need a ride or just want to convoy along that would be great!

I also have a person in Virginia that has 3 spots open for a rideshare, if anyone in VA needs a lift let me know and I'll get you in contact with them.

Time to get everything planned as there is less than 100 days to Bronycon, WooHoo! 

• 1 month later...

Update: While I do have a ride in reserve, it gonna cost quite a bit in gas money since I'll be the only other person in the car and splitting the bill. That and our car doesn't have working AC. So if you and your crew are up for splitting the cost of gas and your van has an outlet for a power cable, you can sign me up. I can't quite tell by the map but does the Wisconsin route go though either Waukesha or Jefferson counties? If so, a pick up can be arranged.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: While I do have a ride in reserve, it gonna cost quite a bit in gas money since I'll be the only other person in the car and splitting the bill. That and our car doesn't have working AC. So if you and your crew are up for splitting the cost of gas and your van has an outlet for a power cable, you can sign me up. I can't quite tell by the map but does the Wisconsin route go though either Waukesha or Jefferson counties? If so, a pick up can be arranged.

I made a change in plans with the vehicle I'm taking. My initial plan was to rent a van for the trips, but I held off on renting it due to a lack of people looking for a ride. Lo and behold, the price more than doubled and at that point I only had 2 other people that had confirmed so I decided to to just take the family sedan.

I will be driving through Milwaukee though and if you would like to carpool still, we could travel in 2 cars to the con. I have walkies for cross car communication. Also, if either of us have any car trouble, we would have another car if something happened to one of them. 

My apologies If I got your hopes up, I just couldn't justify the cost for the rental after the price hike (It was because EAA landed on the same week).

If you are still interested, let me know what time you would plan on leaving for the con.  

• 3 weeks later...

Man this thread was hard to find without a working search function. 

Despite the bill, I'll be taking my own ride, since the other person going with me would've had to go in for plane tickets if I went w/ the car pool, and it's safe to presume that planes and lots of con merch don't go well together. I tried to convince him of the rideshare deal but he's paranoid about riding w/ strangers, even if they're Bronies.  Thanks for the offer though. Maybe next year. 

Perhaps we'll meet along the way. 

With only 18 days until I start the trip to Bronycon, I just wanted do a final check to see if anyone is interested in join the convoy to Baltimore. My car is full but If you want to bring your own car and follow along, that would be perfect. 

One side advantage of traveling in a pack besides the fun of traveling with a bunch of fellow bronies is if any issues arise there will be a group to help (EX: Car trouble) .

To all those who are flying, riding the train, driving, or other means of travel (Teleporting?) I wish you safe travels! See ya in Baltimore!