Yellow Diamond

S04:E09 - Pinkie Apple Pie  

338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Did any one catch when Applebloom did the "licious" song when she found the map? :yay:   I had a small fan moment but also how is that AJ can play a freaking banjo with out hands or magic... :okiedokielokie: .   Personal wise I am not a Pinkie fan but given her back ground and her won family i can under stand a bit why she would want a new one like the Apples but it kinda makes me wonder what happened to

her two other sisters. :huh:

Howdy all!

Just saw the epsiode and its pretty darned good.

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie is hillarious :lol:

Apples To The Core was great.

Kudos to Ashleigh Ball (AJ)

Michelle Creber (AppleBloom)

Plus Shannon Chan Kent (Pinike Pie's Singing voice)

Best tune from from the Apple Family since Raise This Barn.

Shows that not all families are perfect.

There are times one will quarrel or get angry.

But they pull together no matter what.

Peter New was funny as Goldie.

(Beisdes voicing Big Mac-EEYUP!)

See ya!

Alright,

I liked to state for the record before we begin season 4 pinkie pie and i haven't been bffs.

Aj has had some golden moments, sparingly, 

and I wasn't the biggest fan of apples to the core going in.

That being said i'd like to say why 
"Pinkie Apple Pie is the best fucking episode of season 4."

I didn't expect to like this episode, hell i was down right expecting to hate it.

Granny smith have their best scene in the whole damn show where he starts to talk and granny cuts him off.

We get fun and flanderized pinkie at the same time and they both work.

Pinkie has an extra reason to be goofy, and I sense pinkie family might not have been the smiles, hugs, and love someone like pinkie might have needed (the rock farming one).

I didn't get why the apple family was so welling to embrace applie pie with apple jack being the hold out but,

IT WAS SO FUN TO WATCH IT UNWRAP THAT WAY!

It was so weird seeing big mac seem fun loving.

Now what keeps this episode from being perfect?  At least for me?  At the start it felt like they were hinting at 

pinkie might not be family, and AJ paused when no one else did.  It made me feel damn uncomfortable.

"wait is AJ gonna crush pinkies heart?"

Is this going to be some big choice where she ends up telling this litle white lie to spare pinkie's feelings?

Would that have been a good moral?I

I don't know about good moral,

but damn if it wouldn't have been good tv.

the end was a bit of a cop out.

I wanted to see apple jack have to make that hard choice at the end.

I felt emotionally moved by this episode early on.

does that make me stupid?

Another episode is in the history books and with that, it's that time once again to provide my thoughts.

To quote from my tweet this morning: 

"What an episode! Pinkie was fantastic, the Apples, although there were a few fights along the way were great also. Great ep."

Ever since seeing the Comic-Con animatic of the Apples to the Core song a couple of months ago when the new season was being previewed, I knew that this episode would be a must watch for this season and they were right in that department.

I don't have an exact feeling on the episode itself, but seeing Pinkie at her classic finest with her wacky, crazy and off the wall style from previous seasons was a great addition to the episode, especially during the family trip part with her own style of photography (during the cave scene especially) and also the use of scrapbooking as well.

Applejack and the Apple family were also great as always and the addition of a humorous family fight scene or two really brought the best out of them.

Storywise, the episode was well written and really conveyed the message across and the song itself was yet another toe tapper that didn't disappoint. 

Apart from that, this episode was a great one to watch. 

I also have written my full thoughts on the episode itself on my blog, which can be viewed here.

It was an alright episode.Not my fave but it was ok. I found Pinkie to be somewhat annoying in this episode for some reason. I also didn't like how AJ was second guessing everything, and trying to make herself believe that Pinkie isn't her cousin at the start of the episode.

Also, as a shipper, I was never a fan of Apple Pie ;P (though I love the dessert Apple Pie)

BEST. SEASON 4. EPISODE. EVER! :D

bonus points for how the 'Apples Forever' song sounds even better than the animatic version.

I knew the song itself would've already been worth watching Season 4 over, but the episode itself is also even better than I could ever have expected.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed it. The part where pinkie was speaking to big mac off screen and making it look like the guy was deep got a laugh out of me. The song did seem a bit forced in where it was placed, maybe could have gave it time to build up. But its catchiness balanced it out in a way.

Okay, finally got to see this episode, I think season 4 had a rough start but this makes two solid shows in a row and it looks like they finally got back to basics.

A couple of things that stood out for me

Finally a Pinky Pie that wasnt portrayed with childish behavior.

Also 2:35 to 2:52....was that... a fart joke!!!!!!!

I so had Deliverance running in my head throughout this episode... some one had best make a PMV of that or my life will not be complete.

Apple Bloom singing Applelosious... ya THAT wasn't a shout out..

Would it be too much to ask to allow Big Mackintosh to actually... get some real words out.

Anyway, neither Pinky nor AJ are my faces but I will admit I've liked them in this episode far better then any other by far

For me it was my favorite episode on the whole series simply cause it involves my two favorite ponies AJ and PP.

Someone said that the writer was off, and i disagree simply cause this epi showed both AJ and PP strong points to the "Core" ( :squee:)

AJ being honest and stubborn as she as been portrait in the past its head on, showing a strong family ties that even tho everyone is stubborn, in the end everyone recognizes their mistake and are not shy about recognizing when the effed up.

As for PP, was she annoying? no Pinkie acted the way she did, we just got more of it, from 4th wall to breaking physics to even detaching her tail for the group photo :yay:

Good Points:

Song

Overall pacing

Apple Family background (some)

Mac Singing, ill tho its hard to ear in the chorus, its still a nice voice to ear  :yay:

Bad Points:

Needed more Mac talking, dont shut him up granny  >_>

Wish it was an hour long xD

other than that none.

And yes there was a forshadowing in the episode and i already call it "PINKIE PIE IS GETTING WINGS" dunno if permanent but something in the realm of what rarity got at least, or maybe RP ability but ill shut up for now  ;)

Edited by Dark Heart

OMG I loved this episode! I never would have thought that Pinkie MIGHT, actually be related to the apple family! So AWESOME! :yay:

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 1

Heh, I really liked the episode. 'specially when Big Mac made that irritated "eeyup". I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to find out whether or not they were truly related (seriously?!? HOW can both the scroll and the book have smudge marks RIGHT AT THAT FLOCKING spot that matters  :angry: ?!?!?). This fortunately, leaves the topic open ended for potential fanfics.

Pinkie Pie also managed to stay herself, being comical with all her photo taking and ability to stay fearless.

Great song! By the way.

And yes there was a forshadowing in the episode and i already call it "PINKIE PIE IS GETTING WINGS" dunno if permanent but something in the realm of what rarity got at least, or maybe RP ability but ill shut up for now   ;)

Getting wings? How? And what for? (does it have anything to do with her doodling on the mirror xD?)

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

I'm glad that Big Mac and Granny Smith got more screen time. This the most (at least I think) screentime they've had in the series so far. Also I love how Bic Mac has so many lines here.

I was annoyed when Granny Smith shoved her hoof in his mouth to stop him from saying it was his fault about the luggage... because I love hearing him speak xD but it was an appropriate way of keeping his lines minimal

I was annoyed when Granny Smith shoved her hoof in his mouth to stop him from saying it was his fault about the luggage... because I love hearing him speak xD but it was an appropriate way of keeping his lines minimal

Well that the first time he went all out(which was in Ponyville Confidential) was surprising and harsh. Here I found his talking hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

Getting wings? How? And what for? (does it have anything to do with her doodling on the mirror xD?)

Yeah, i truly believe that's a foreshadowing since after all in all the episodes in S4 we have gotten cliffhangers and foreshadowing but most of them has been in the end of the episode but that's just me, if it happens it would be something like rarity's case that makes PP get wings, 3 ways i think this would happen is either another RD focus episode, or a FS one or

on the rumored Raindbow Power Stuff

Again just me but i would love to see that  :yay:

Hey look, first episode of the season not to feature all of the mane 6. Huh...

Objection! Episode 5 Flight to the Finish didn't feature all of the Mane 6; just Rainbow. So, no, this is Not the first episode to do so.

• Brohoof 2

I was hoping for more depth regarding Pinkie's IMMEDIATE family, turns out this was more about the Apple family which was good since they did need the screen time. Overall enjoyable, given its 30 minute length and simplicity for younger children. 

In case anyone had not noticed, I'm saying that it is true, that Pinky IS related to the Apples, CAUSE...

It may be only a smudge on the paper, but if we look at the actions of both Pinky Pie and Golden D,

GD had Pinky Pies mane and used the same method of getting the book as PP got the scroll...

By the way... has anyone questioned... WHY?.... or more importantly.... WHO? Twilight was looking up originally???

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

This was the funniest episode ever.  Especially that whole cave scene.  I nearly died.  I also thought the animation during the song was a little strange, but a good strange.  10/10  Perfect episode in my opinion.

This episode was awesome! I loved the song! Favorite song and episode yet if I say so myself. One thing I really liked about it: Big Mac had a lot of personality portrayed for once. xD One thing though, Macintosh, you make a lot of adorable faces...but never smile like this ever again. Mmkay? Lol.

post-6662-0-64133800-1389492057_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1