S04:E09 - Pinkie Apple Pie  

338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Very good episode, things I noticed:

1. Rules do not apply to Pinkie (I.E.: That tail at the end.)

2. Big Mac was fantastic in this episode, just great.

3. This showed how family really is, and not just a mock version like most tv shows now a days.

Very good, we got some backstory in AJ's and Pinkie's part.

9.8/10, would watch again.

• Brohoof 6

Legendary episode was legendary. Just......

1365536657932.gif

Definitely didn't expect that ending. So Pinkie's an apple now, even tho she may not be related. I was thinking it'd either end with her being an apple for sure or not being one. You surprised me, whoever-wrote-this-episode, you surprised me. :)

This has to be one of my favorite episodes of this entire series.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 4

I can't even... I am just so happy right now. I must feel like CD after Sleepless in Ponyville came out.

I don't even need to write a long review for this, I'll just sum up my thoughts in six words followed by a heart.

PINKIE PIE HAS A FAMILY NOW. <33333333

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 6

well guys people wanted a slice of life episode they got a slice of life episode. There were some great lines in this episode and I like how the Apples are not a perfect family and were pretty realistic. Also I liked the gag of stuff getting kidnapped by a bird.

Can I just say that the ending was pretty adorable. I liked how even though Pinkie didn't know she was an Apple, she was still like family to them.

One complaint though is at some points Pinkie got kind of annoying but I guess she was just excited.

So yeah pretty decent episode

I like the crazy cat lady reference from the previous episode.

Really good but it didn't stick out as much.

First episode where all of the mane 6 doesn't appear.

Edited by Tyler Blu Gunderson

I loved this episode, it was great having a family episode like that and I wonder if Pinkie really is related to Applejack I think she is since Golden Delicious was a little like Pinkie Pie when she took the book just like Pinkie took the scroll and it didn't fall. Also, it was very funny to see that Golden was a crazy cat lady. This was also definitely the best song of the season so far, it was a very good episode I loved it.

• Brohoof 1

This was such a cute episode~ And I like that they left it open, that maybe she is related and maybe she's not, they don't know for sure. So we can take it however we want :)  I was looking forward to the song and I loved the animation for it. I think the theory that only episodes involving the keys have cliffhangers is true.

• Brohoof 1

For me, it was an 8/10.

The song is one of the best of the series. It was fantastic to see the sequence completed from the SDCC animatic.

The faces were hilarious throughout. Pinkie's duckface on the waterfall...yes.

The running gag of animals getting picked up by the eagle was good. It would be a funny short if we found out how the wheel-duck escaped.

Overall, it was fun to watch. It didn't fully meet my high expectations (I wished there was more of a resolution at the end), but any Pinkie episode is fun. ;)

• Brohoof 1

It turns out the Apple family is actually my family.

There was absolutely nothing at fault here. Wonderful episode, great humor, and a really good moral that is very applicable to real life. Good families can argue and shout and sound like they hate each other, but they'll be there for one another in the end.

Plus, the Applejack focus didn't hurt.  :catface:

• Brohoof 7

Still not sure what I should feel. There were somethings I liked, but I wasn't as into it as the other episodes.

Song was pretty boss though

Edited by Megas75

I swear, if any pony could ever be happier than this one, I would die a little inside. 

13117__safe_pinkie-pie_animated_eating.g

She tends to live up to the smile song :)

• Brohoof 3

The episode was hilarious, cute, had a great song, realistic family, and great characters in all of the featured cast. Also...

CANON APPLELICIOUS!

That is all.

This was a great episode across the board. 9/10. Point subtracted because the theme of honesty threw me off for a bit, making me think it would be AJ's key episode.

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Well, other than the cliché ending, and not finding out whether Pinkie Pie is related to the Apples or not (I still say she is haha; its not really a bad thing not knowing, but still) this was a great episode. It was hilarious, and it was interesting to see the Apple family arguing. I wish Pinkie Pie wasn't so random this season though. At least this episode finally breaks the streak of bad episodes, for me anyway. :) I wonder what that thing was at the end that took that photo.. this episode raises a lot of questions.

Edited by Rough Pathway

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!! Pinkie Pie was so funny in this one, it was great!!!!! Anyone else notice her duckface when they were going down the waterfall? :lol:

I barely saw it cuz I had to get up from my computer for a moment, then read the comments in the livestream. I really wanna see it now D:

I didn't really care for this one but I loved the song.

Maybe I'll have to watch it again, sometimes it takes awhile for an episode to sink in. This one was pretty funny especially with the hoarder. :)

Same here. Watching it later in HD after everyone's reacted usually makes me see the episode in a different light than before

• Brohoof 1