Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Darkness won... My life is over.

zev_zev The outcast

Sladerman in MLP... I saw a lot of posts where people found this funny. I found this terrible. I'll try to expain: MLP is (or was untill this moment) almost the only ray of light in my soul, and now, right at this moment I feel like this ray faded. If darkness had penetrated even in MLP - cartoon which is the embodiment of light and kindness then now there is no hope for us (mankind) for me... "It just a harmless joke" Then haha... Bravo Hasbro, holding your way, add in MLP Freddy Krueger or Jason, or both. Add Satan, why not?

Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 3

I see what you mean, but unless Slendermane comes out or a Freddy Krueger, or some other demon and starts terrorizing the ponies, then I don't have an issue with it. The target audience would probably poop themselves if they saw some creepy guy in the background of an episode. I wonder if any moms or dads have tried to sue Hasbro over this yet.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 2

What the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about the dark fanworks? No matter how many of those are around it dosen't change what the show is about, and since when did they add Slenderman into the show?

• Brohoof 2

It's probably something that they did for fun. You could barely see it in the background anyway. You would HAVE to be looking for that guy. 

What the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about the dark fanworks? No matter how many of those are around it dosen't change what the show is about, and since when did they add Slenderman into the show?

In Season 4 Episode 9, Slenderman was introduced in the background of a forest.

• Brohoof 4

In Season 4 Episode 9, Slenderman was introduced in the background of a forest.

Until there is a link I am calling bullshit and even then I might call bullshit on the count of how some fans jump to ridiculous conclusions.

• Brohoof 1

Not shore if trollz

Jokes aside, here are a few bullet points I'd like to make:

- Slenderman doesn't exist in the show.

- There might be Slenderpony in fanworks, but if you "find this terrible," I suggest you not look at them.

- No hope for mankind? MLP had been the one thing to save humanity, and because Slenderpony apparently ruined the show, mankind now fails? I knew MLP can cure dog cancer, but c'mon.

• Brohoof 7

It sounds like you're overreacting just a bit. It was just a humorous little nod to the fandom, which you had to have had amazing concentration to actually see. Nothing bad actually happened, Slenderman didn't jump out of the background and kill the ponies....nothing bad happened. Stop overreacting. 

• Brohoof 5

Well, there's no guarantee that it is "Slendermane" but there is DEFINITELY some creepy business man with no face in the background. Watch the episode on youtube. EVERY video has it. Hasbro's messing with us.

And that just proves my point about some fans jumping to ridiculous conclusions there is a million different things that could have been. Have fun with your pitty party bub because I think I am done here. If something like that ruins the show for you or life in general than that sucks for you.

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-

They did that for fun they didn't intend to put Slenderman in the background, he isn't an official character in the show because it was a small reference to the fandom since most of us are familiar with Slenderman. Overreacting isn't going to change anything, it's not that serious.

Honestly, out of all the dark imagery that we've seen in the show and comics you think this one thing can ruin the show. I'm sorry, but that is taking it all out of proportion.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

Oh come on, it's not that bad. I can just imagine an animator chuckling to themselves, holding a cup of coffee as they put that into the background. It's probably just someone having a bit of fun, not something big to be read into.

I also feel that he kind of lost his status as a genuinely scary character after he went mainstream...

0e3ig6i.png?1

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

So, the other insanely creepy implications hidden the show and thinly veiled depravity of some of villains didn't already inject darkness? 

All the dark stuff they've hidden in the show and comics, yet the hidden inclusion of some fictional monster/internet meme hybrid born of a Photoshop contest is the straw that broke the camels back?

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

He's referring to this:

ZbO1VTY.gif

Slenderman(e) in the background of the latest episode. Hardly noticeable unless you zoom in and focus on that spot for the brief moment he's there. He has nothing to do with the show, the characters, or Equestria. He was an Easter Egg. Nothing was implied by his presence.

"Add Satan, why not?" They already canonized Tartarus (basically Greek hell) and turned Cerberus into an oversized dog that was easily pacified by a pony with a colorful ball and belly rubs. For all any of us know, Slendermane doesn't do anything in this universe except lurk or at worst cause a little mischief. I think you're blowing this a wee bit out of proportion.

• Brohoof 5

He's referring to this:

ZbO1VTY.gif

Slenderman(e) in the background of the latest episode. Hardly noticeable unless you zoom in and focus on that spot for the brief moment he's there. He has nothing to do with the show, the characters, or Equestria. He was an Easter Egg. Nothing was implied by his presence.

"Add Satan, why not?" They already canonized Tartarus (basically Greek hell) and turned Cerberus into an oversized dog that was easily pacified by a pony with a colorful ball. For all any of us know, Slendermane doesn't do anything in this universe except lurk or at worst cause a little mischief. I think you're blowing this a wee bit out of proportion.

It's some damn good subtle nightmare fuel though. Maybe it's just my love of "hidden content" creepy-pasta but I love me some creepy Easter Eggs. 

and OP, Slendy doesn't have to be horrifying is you like some fan-interpretations of him:

http://artoveli.deviantart.com/art/Junior-Detective-355435918

junior_detective_by_artoveli-d5vm83y.jpg

• Brohoof 1

He's referring to this:

img-2196135-1-ZbO1VTY.gif

"Add Satan, why not?" They already canonized Tartarus (basically Greek hell) and turned Cerberus into an oversized dog that was easily pacified by a pony with a colorful ball and belly rubs. For all any of us know, Slendermane doesn't do anything in this universe except lurk or at worst cause a little mischief. I think you're blowing this a wee bit out of proportion.

He's referring to this:

img-2196135-1-ZbO1VTY.gif

Actually hell in ancient mythology is called "Hades" Tartarus is a prison for the titans. The titans are not the darkspawn forces. The titans is the incarnation of the natural elements. Against their presence in mlp I have nothing

Maybe you're overreacting a bit. Slendermane here has little to absolutely no relevance to the show. He's a little harmless Easter egg as others have said. Barely even noticeable. 

I don't understand, how does this ruin the entire show for you? Think about every major positive aspect of the show. The ponies, the mane 6, the harmonious atmosphere, the fun-filled adventures, and all the moral lessons they learn at the end of each episode.

You want to leave this  fandom because of one minute scene barely showing Slendermane for a mere few seconds?

I don't get it.

The mane 6 are still alive and nothing bad happened. I'm confused. 

• Brohoof 3

Maybe you're overreacting a bit. Slendermane here has little to absolutely no relevance to the show. He's a little harmless Easter egg as others have said. Barely even noticeable. 

I don't understand, how does this ruin the entire show for you? Think about every major positive aspect of the show. The ponies, the mane 6, the harmonious atmosphere, the fun-filled adventures, and all the moral lessons they learn at the end of each episode.

You want to leave this  fandom because of one minute scene barely showing Slendermane for a mere few seconds?

I don't get it.

The mane 6 are still alive and nothing bad happened. I'm confused.

I don't know how to explain what exactly I feel but I'll try: I know that it's just a joke bla bla bla. For me Equestria it's a perfect world. World to where we all travel in our dreams. And in this little world I don't want to see anything evil, especially anything dark from real world (Slender is a dark fiction of the person from real world). It's ruining my little Equestria in my soul, my vault from brutal reality.

I don't know how to explain what exactly I feel but I'll try: I know that it's just a joke bla bla bla. For me Equestria it's a perfect world. World to where we all travel in our dreams. And in this little world I don't want to see anything evil, especially anything dark from real world (Slender is a dark fiction of the person from real world). It's ruining my little Equestria in my soul, my vault from brutal reality.

See where I made your words bold? That's where you lost me. Forgive me for asking but I'm just curious. Do you believe in the existence of Slenderman?  :blink:

Oh no! Slenderman reference in MY PONY SHOW??!!? This is unacceptable! I blame it all on Obama, Communism, Racism, and Sexism! This is a clearly a ground shaking thing that has ruined the show forever! It's not just them "poking fun", it is them showing us that this show isn't all colorful pony horses and dragons and stuff! CONSPIRACY!

Seriously though, dude. It's a reference. What's with the overreaction? You're taking a show way too seriously.

Do you believe in the existence of Slenderman? 

How could someone believe in a creepypasta character made for a contest? 

• Brohoof 9

How could someone believe in a creepypasta character made for a contest? 

^This.

*sighs* I've had to deal with many people who actually believe in Slenderman. Usually they were a bunch of young teens with enraging hormones. Go figure. From what this guy is saying, he too has read far too many creepypastas...

• Brohoof 3