Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Dog toys

border collie brony

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is anything since the sight of a dog mauling Fluttershy would make most kids and some adults cry. Don't wanna cause a riot in the park, do ya?

Maybe if you buy a big bone and stick a picture of Discord's head on the top? Or King Sombra? I'm sure there are rainbow coloured rubber balls and bones around. Paint eyes on a ball and it could be a Parasprite?

Maybe I am being judgemental. for all I know Jedi might be very refined and want a delicate brushable to look after, but most dogs usually nom things rather than display them on shelves.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm well I don't really know if their's any such thing as a MLP Dog toy since most of the time like what Casbyness said would make people sad or call it cruel to ponies. Although you can make your own I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

My moms dog would always take my handmade Fluttershy and Derpy plushies off my bed. My mom thought it was cute or whatever. I found it annoying and was always worried the dog would do something to them because I paid quite a bit for them and they're mine.

I was horrified one day when I found my  poor Fluttershy torn apart on the floor in the hall way..... :(  I still have her....Been meaning to stitch her tail back on, but I don't think it's gonna happen...despite what I paid for her.

But as for real dog toys...I dunno. From personal experience, it's horrifying/disrespectful IMO giving a dog a MLP thing to chew on. Maybe a cheap Funrise plush of our least fave pony? Even that though...I'd still feel bad for whichever pony it was.

Could always just grab some of those really cheap plushies that are all around of late.

The wal mart/Target cheapos would be a good start, and they cost less than a regular dog toy to begin with :P

I don't think there is anything since the sight of a dog mauling Fluttershy would make most kids and some adults cry.

How so? My dog may rip through doors.... literally.. Yeah, came home to this thursday...

1689247_726869874024906_1454790356_n.jpg

but he hasn't harmed a single pony. And he likes to gnab my pony plushes sometimes just to snuggle.

Has yet to tear into a single one, and he had both Twilight and Rainbow Dash in his spot on the couch one day when I came home!

Now if yer talking animal pelts.. he'll chew the hell out of those, but not ponies... 

Not all dogs will just tear into things all the time. Some will snuggle softer plush things unless someone shows them its a rip up toy.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 3

@

I dunno, those look like constipation waiting to happen or choking hazard. Especially for small dogs..

Dogs like squishy, but it needs to be a decent level of solid too, or they'll just try to swallow it whole. Hell, some larger dogs have been known to swallow whole base/Tennis balls!

Was there for a necropsy on one that had swallowed several chestnuts and walnuts whole, in shells. Was a mid sized black lab pup.

That wasn't what got'em though, was a typical hit and run that actually did the pup in :(

Edited by GrimCW

@

I dunno, those look like constipation waiting to happen or choking hazard. Especially for small dogs..

Dogs like squishy, but it needs to be a decent level of solid too, or they'll just try to swallow it whole. Hell, some larger dogs have been known to swallow whole base/Tennis balls!

Was there for a necropsy on one that had swallowed several chestnuts and walnuts whole, in shells. Was a mid sized black lab pup.

That wasn't what got'em though, was a typical hit and run that actually did the pup in :(

I mean. Look the owner's pet dog in his profile picture. I am sure it'll not swallow it in whole with his mouth

@

You'd be amazed what a dog can swallow whole.

Just like a small child, if they can get it to fit somehow, they will do exactly that.

two things for those things would pose a problem though.

A. the size. they are small, very small. Even a small dog could pull it off with something that size. If its smaller than the animals head, they can find a way to suck it down.

B. the very soft nature of the product. This would make them even easier to fit into the mouth, and the dog could even accidentally get it half way in, choke, and then accidentally suck it right down their throat where it'd lodge and be fairly difficult to remove it due to the soft material just stretching in and out. Tis why most dog toys are a thick vinyl rubber.

Ones that are super soft are often not considered safe.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

@,

You'd be amazed what a dog can swallow whole.

Just like a small child, if they can get it to fit somehow, they will do exactly that.

two things for those things would pose a problem though.

A. the size. they are small, very small. Even a small dog could pull it off with something that size. If its smaller than the animals head, they can find a way to suck it down.

B. the very soft nature of the product. This would make them even easier to fit into the mouth, and the dog could even accidentally get it half way in, choke, and then accidentally suck it right down their throat where it'd lodge and be fairly difficult to remove it due to the soft material just stretching in and out. Tis why most dog toys are a thick vinyl rubber.

Ones that are super soft are often not considered safe.

Oh well. If that's the case. He could have a boneless toy in real life. (Seen in the show)

60e.gif

Edited by HanaLyeco
  • Brohoof 1