1. 1. Which do you identify as?

• Boy (cis/not transgender)
    • Girl (cis/not transgender)
    • Transgender boy
    • Transgender girl
    • Bigender
    • None of the above
    • Questioning

I would go back and edit my post but, Im to lazy too so...

I think is difference between what you go by compared to what sex you are.

I know a couple of people that go by male but call themselves female and vice versa so, its more so about what sex would you like to be identified as rather than, what sex are you...

Edited by Onylex

I'm not exactly sure, I'm a guy but used to think I was maybe transgender. Difficult to explain but in the end I decided to go for bigender because whatever gender I would be I'd be okay with it. I can't say I'm cigender but I think I might be bigender sometimes I feel like I should rather be male and sometimes female either way I don't care much what gender I am. I'm just me, doesn't matter what gender it is but biological is male though.

This is always a fun question.

I selected bi gender because I do indeed go around as both a male and a female. I may have male bits, but I can and do pass as a female when I want. I'm naturally thin and kinda curvy, and my long hair hides a lot of the masculine shape of my cheeks and jaw. With the proper make-up and outfit I can blend in very nicely and I do assume a female role when I do so.

That being said though. The thoughts and ideas that make up my brain are just that. Thoughts and ideas.  My brain is not male or female. It's just me. When others say they feel like a female trapped in a males body, or a male trapped in a females body. I often have trouble relating as I personally feel like an intangible being riding along in a body that...isn't perfect, but..it doesn't need to be. It's my vessel to experience life through, and while my control over it isn't godlike, I can manipulate things enough to enjoy myself.

That's how I truly identify. I just enjoy experiencing life from a multitude of viewpoints. Living through both male and female gender roles is both a challenge for me to accomplish, and a way for me to extract more from life. It isn't something that I must have to exist as the truest form of 'myself', but rather something I choose to do for personal fulfillment.

None of the above. I'm agender. I have no gender identity.

I'm okay with being called any pronouns... other than "it." That's just rude.

I don't consider myself male or female, but my interests tend to be those which are stereotypically male. I think I tend more toward the male side of things because I'm slightly resentful of being female, biologically, and being treated as a gender identified female, which I am not. I have no problem with women and women who are comfortable with their gender identity. I just get a bit irked when people treat me as such. Especially when they're imposing an expectation just because I happened to be born with another X chromosome.

Tangent. Anyway, I'm agender.

Speaking about Bigenders and Transgenders, do you get offended on surveys when you see: 

-MALE
-FEMALE
-OTHER

Well, it's better than the alternative:

-MALE

-FEMALE

I think consideration for those who aren't cisgender and/or don't fit into the gender binary system is a fairly new thing, so even having an "other" option is sort of a huge step forward, in my opinion. Things aren't going to change overnight. Anyway, most people don't actually care about your gender identity. They wanna put you into a little box to categorize you. So at least having the option to not be categorized as either is there now... sometimes... On top of that, gender is very... varied... I think it would be very difficult to have a box for everyone.

With regard to trans people, I think this is sufficient. The goal is to be a female, not a "trans woman." Same for trans men. While there may be varying degrees of being okay with identifying as trans throughout the trans community, I'd wager that most would rather just put "male" or "female," not a third option. Furthermore, if we allow for more options and put "trans female" and "trans male" onto surveys and forms, it puts the trans people who aren't ready to be out or who don't want to be out about their gender identity in an awkward position: they either have to out themselves on the form against their will, or they have to lie about their sex. If that's what you meant by your statement, I think trans people are better left with "male" and "female" options and leave it at that. This is from someone, however, who doesn't know the first thing about gender, so I can't speak for the trans community.

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 4

Well I suppose I am a little bit feminine, but male since I am one and I would find it weird to try making myself think I was something else :huh:

A little question for OP, why did you put "male/female" and "transg male/transg female" separated...? Doesn't that ruin the poll? I would say "Boy, Girl, Both, Other" would do it but oh well.

I have a largely feminine character. Being that I like romance, and pink being my second favorite color, and being that I just act sort of female sometimes.

Well I'm exactly like this as well but I would never call myself a female =o

Edited by Jokuc

In short terms: I'm male. I have a few feminine traits (I love cute and 'girly' things, I can sometimes be quite emotional, I'm caring towards others, among other things), but I am male, just one who embraces his feminine side.

While I wouldn't really mind either gender; I'm comfortable and happy being male, so I guess my gender identity would be male. I have a few qualities a bit on the feminine side, but I still acknowledge myself as a male.

How can you be "none of the above"? Even if you're a transgender, you're still something. :huh:  Unless you were born without an endocrine and reproductive system, you still have a gender. 

Despite my view of myself as feminine, I view myself as a boy. As well as being male, I do have certain parts of me more prevalent in males than females, though it isn't as common. But given my aforementioned physical gender, yeah.

I wouldn't mind being a girl or trans/bigender, but I really don't think I am.

I selected bigender, but I took away the vote and selected other.

To represent a broader sense of identity, I identify under the genderqueer spectrum. It's hard to say what I am specifically, since I'm not one for categories, but know I don't find any binaries. I like to express myself in many ways, and don't fall under either-or. I wouldn't call myself masculine, but not femme either. Sure, I like to wear makeup and look like a butch femme (since I have short hair and will probably stick with that), but I've become a lot more accepting of my masculine traits as well and feel not so bad about facial and body hair.

I am one product of the slow but steady divergence from the outside world, Sure, I don't do makeup when I'm at home or doing stuff on my desktop for hours on end, but when I go out, I like to express myself solely for myself while, at the same time, nibbling on the concept of dressing to impress. I've really gotten into makeup and really like trying new things and being artistic with it.

While I often appear androgynous or feminine, I'm not afraid to represent and appreciate the aspects of my masculinity, since I think it's all beautiful. c:

• Brohoof 2

I identify myself as bigender, though more specifically I'm genderfluid. I constantly switch between boy and girl mindsets (which each have their own personalities and names; those two are constantly bickering :lol:)

So yeah, that's just how it is for me.

• Brohoof 2

I was born as a male, and I identify myself as a male. However, this is just how I am - I have absolutely nothing against LGBT individuals. 

That being said, I do not believe in a strict characterization of traits for individuals of the male or female gender. While there are traits that seem to be more common to each gender, I do not view this in a limiting way. For example, I do not think that there is anything wrong with males loving MLP, regardless of the fact that it was originally intended for younger girls. Likewise, I do not feel that there is anything wrong with girls loving things that were originally intended for boys. 

I feel that one's mannerisms and preferences, including tastes in media are derived from each and everyone's individuality and not from their specific sex or gender. An example of this would be that my love for MLP has absolutely nothing to do with my sexuality. The idea that men should only act in certain ways or like certain things, and that women should only act in certain ways or like certain things is nothing more than a corrupt societal construct that resulted from class warfare and power struggle over time. 

Men and women may be born in different ways physically, but so much of life transcends the physical aspect that attempting to set expectations for attitude and behavior by that is ludicrous.

• Brohoof 4

How can you be "none of the above"? Even if you're a transgender, you're still something. :huh:  Unless you were born without an endocrine and reproductive system, you still have a gender. 

You're confusing gender and sex. Sex is your physical make-up. Gender is how you identify. I am none of the above. I'm agender. I don't have a gender identity because I don't fit into anything that's considered a gender. In fact, if you ask me about gender, I'm rather clueless about what it really means, further proving my point.

@@SCS, Yes, that. So much that. Very well said!

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 3

I'm going to go with bigender here, because that seems to be the closest to "this gender stuff is really complex but I'd rather do something that isn't sorting it out because it's too much work and I don't really care, I could be playing video games right now.". 

But in all seriousness, I do feel that I'm bigender, but gender identity is of little concern to me. At least right now.