Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well currently its hard to say, I guess biology as far as what i have this semester, but its more because i dislike biology due to my irrational fears, more then i don't understand it, as i'm relatively good so far in it.

As far as overall it tends to be English, Not that i have bad grades, i mean i normally have B's or sometimes A's in the class, but i don't feel i do that good still.

Or Spanish, because i finished it with a C, and it prevented me from getting on honoroll all last semester :/. I took long enough to understand English, much less a whole new language ;/.

When I was in high-school, it was PE, because SCREW OFF, I'm trying to play my GBA here teacher person.

In university it was ear training, because I play drums, not an instrument with definite pitch.  Umm, Augmented what?  Do you speak English?  But I'm glad I didn't fail those classes, because know I can fool around on the piano without bashing my face in with a closet door. 

Edited by Deesinn

Sweet, another IB kid. I'm actually starting IB next year.

Good luck. I hate to sound like a pessimist, but you'll need it. It's hard man, very hard. I'm taking seven IB courses at one time, and I'm just about dead haha.

What IB courses are you planning on taking next year? Or do you go to an International Academy like I do?

Foreign Language

Because I don't like to memorize a lot of words and construct sentences with that specific language

I ACTUALLY LOVE MATH!!!!!!!

I am pretty opposite in my country. I love math and they hate it, I hate Foreign Language and they love it

Good luck. I hate to sound like a pessimist, but you'll need it. It's hard man, very hard. I'm taking seven IB courses at one time, and I'm just about dead haha.

What IB courses are you planning on taking next year? Or do you go to an International Academy like I do?

Yah I go to an International academy too, so I'll be taking seven IB classes too.

I plan on taking HL Physics, Math, and Music, but I hear that Math is like the hardest thing in the world, so I don't know if I should take that.  Well, I got a practice IA to do and practice EE this semester.  I can't wait  :(     NOT!!!

Anything math. Math is the number one way to make me feel completely worthless academically. Even when I think I have it all figured out, I mess up something small in the equation and get it wrong. Music Theory can be the same way, but I feel more secure in my understanding of Music Theory and actually kind of enjoy it. Math, no. Math is bad. lol

Physics, it just doesn't click for me, I am definitely a history/English person. Don't get me wrong here, I love learning about science, but when its simplified into a form that the laymen like me can understand, rather than actually figuring it out for myself.

Foreign language could probably fit here as well, I have tired Spanish and Japanese but I just cannot motivate myself to study regularly enough to learn a language.

To all of those that are worried about IB, before your junior year you can switch out into AP and have time enough to get the AP diploma, if your school offers it as well. Personally, I tried IB, hated it and switched into AP and did not regret it. AP is seen as pretty much the same as IB to all universities and gives much more choice (and free time). Just my opinion though, if you're excited about it, definitely go for it!

last semester i had to take Fluid Mechanics (all 2nd year engineering students have to for some reason even though my major is more computer scienceish), and i can honestly say i retained nothing from it. I failed the midterm (first test i've ever failed) and managed to scrape by with a 63 in the course.

Last semester was Calc I. This semester is, well look at that. Calc II. I was always pretty good at math in highschool but this college stuff is miserable. :(

I JUST REALIZED I'M PROCRASTINATING ON MY CLAC II HOMEWORK ON THE FORUMS AS I TYPE THIS. IS IT ANY WONDER?

Edited by Moon Moon
  • Brohoof 1

Last semester was Calc I. This semester is, well look at that. Calc II. I was always pretty good at math in highschool but this college stuff is miserable. :(

I JUST REALIZED I'M PROCRASTINATING ON MY CLAC II HOMEWORK ON THE FORUMS AS I TYPE THIS. IS IT ANY WONDER?

I just started Calc II this semester as well and am already procrastinating on homework that needs to be done too. (and after 2 years, sorta  missing Highschool)

Let's feel these feels together.

Physics, it just doesn't click for me, I am definitely a history/English person. Don't get me wrong here, I love learning about science, but when its simplified into a form that the laymen like me can understand, rather than actually figuring it out for myself.

Foreign language could probably fit here as well, I have tired Spanish and Japanese but I just cannot motivate myself to study regularly enough to learn a language.

To all of those that are worried about IB, before your junior year you can switch out into AP and have time enough to get the AP diploma, if your school offers it as well. Personally, I tried IB, hated it and switched into AP and did not regret it. AP is seen as pretty much the same as IB to all universities and gives much more choice (and free time). Just my opinion though, if you're excited about it, definitely go for it!

You have no idea how funny it is that your user name is gordon freeman, and you do not like physics. 

Yah I go to an International academy too, so I'll be taking seven IB classes too.

I plan on taking HL Physics, Math, and Music, but I hear that Math is like the hardest thing in the world, so I don't know if I should take that. Well, I got a practice IA to do and practice EE this semester. I can't wait :( NOT!!!

I haven't decided my HLs yet, but it I had to pick, I'd choose History, Biology, and English. HL math is very, very hard. I kid you not. It is exceptionally difficult. Practice Extended Essay? Haha, I feel for you.

Science. Whether it be geometry, or physics, I've always sucked at Science classes. I've little to not interest in them to begin with, so I have a lack of motivation in them. I also don't understand what the teacher is teaching us, even if I do pay attention. I just don't like Science classes. I'm currently in Physics, and it sucks.

geometry is math not science

Science. Whether it be geometry, or physics, I've always sucked at Science classes. I've little to not interest in them to begin with, so I have a lack of motivation in them. I also don't understand what the teacher is teaching us, even if I do pay attention. I just don't like Science classes. I'm currently in Physics, and it sucks.

Math it's the most complicated thing to me I just don't understand a thing about it

I'm not that great at tanking. Healing and DPS is more my thing :P

Seriously, my worst class is probably software analysis and design. It's an all theory class about programming and dealing with how things work in the business world. It's a lot more memorization than my other classes, most of the knowledge from them comes naturally as you apply yourself. I've only had two classes of it, but I can tell already it's going to need my attention.

Math could have been my hardest, but the math program I was in last year taught be enough to put math on the back burner

Edited by Celtore

Well that would definitely be civics or whatever you call it in english :P I always have such a hard time to know what to write about stuff.. Especially like economy stuff :c

I find physics hard too.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

I failed Art last year, if that counts for much :D

I'm awful at physics. Making a 33, actually :D  Our teacher is awful and old; he'll teach for 5 minutes before getting off-topic somehow; like, he'll be teaching us about average acceleration/velocity, and you can tell he knows his shit.

Or at least, he knew it.

"You know what this reminds me of? One time, I went to IHOP with my mother, right?..."

"...So, here I was, on this train..."

"...I remember when I went to world in chess; boy, were those guys good."

He knows his physics really well...but he's old and can't stay on topic in a class that's already difficult enough as is, so I'm pretty awful in that class.

rarity_plot_by_baka_neku-d539let.pngWait, no.

sad_rarity_by_anitech-d4egpol.pngIt makes wittle 'ol ghosty sad

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

MATHS!!!

Sorry for caps,but that class just makes me go angry :angry:

I's so bad at maths,that i only passed without failing it 1 time on my high scool life(on school,i passed always for miracle) :P

• Brohoof 1

Math... ugh. Both algebra and geometry, but I would go with geometry if I had to pick the one that's the worst for me. Anyway, math has always just bored me so much, since it's just so abstracted form everything. Lists and lists of math problems; it makes my head spin. However, I really don't mind using math for physics, because I can actually apply the math to something. 

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

FlareRunner, on 15 Jan 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Math it's the most complicated thing to me I just don't understand a thing about it

Sorry, I meant Geology. Y'know, rocks and stuff? That is geology right? Anyways it doesn't help that we're using a butt load ofAlgebra in Physics class. So It's not only science, but a little bit of math as well? Oh man, I really don't like Physics class. >.<