Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sorry, I meant Geology. Y'know, rocks and stuff? That is geology right? Anyways it doesn't help that we're using a butt load ofAlgebra in Physics class. So It's not only science, but a little bit of math as well? Oh man, I really don't like Physics class. >.<

lol yeah it sucks i think my favorite and my best grade in a class would be chemistry and organic chemistry

• Brohoof 1

I do not have any class that I would consider to be a worst class, either in terms of difficulty or enjoyment. I enjoy all of my classes, especially AP Calculus AB and AP Statistics.

AP Statistics would be my most difficult class for me. While the content in AP Calculus AB is generally more advanced, I have studied Calculus sporadically since the age of 12 up until the beginning of this class, so it is far easier for me than it would have been otherwise. By contrast, the vast majority of AP Statistics is either mostly or wholly new to me, aside from the basic introductions to probability I received in Advanced Algebra II and Pre-Calculus.

However, AP Statistics is by no means intellectually insurmountable for me. While it is challenging, I am able to learn the material and earn a good grade in the class. Last semester I earned an A, and I plan to do so again this semester. I am also hoping to earn a 5, the highest score possible, on the AP exam this May.

So far, the most challenging aspects of AP Statistics for me are chapter five, regarding probability theory, and chapter seven, regarding sampling distributions. This chapter largely makes use of our study of Normal distributions in chapter two, but uses a new set of terminology that I find to be rather confusing. That being said, I have not had too much difficulty with solving problems - primarily, the difficulty for me rests in understanding what exactly it is that I am doing as opposed to reaching a correct answer. My teacher has informed us multiple times that the content of this chapter is integral to the remainder of the course, so my hope is that as time goes on, with extra studying if or when necessary, I will be able to ascertain a more solid theoretical grasp of sampling distributions.

While AP Calculus AB overall has not proven to be exceptionally challenging for me, certain topics have been more challenging than others. So far, from differential calculus I have found the topics of related rates and optimization to be challenging, but by no means insurmountable. I feel reasonably comfortable with those types of problems, but I will definitely need to practice with them more. From integral calculus, the topic of accumulation functions - or functions defined by definite integrals - to be somewhat tricky, but not too complicated once you get a grasp on the notation. Accumulation functions feature an interesting notational nuance, as they are defined as the following:

MBuzvS.png

The above is read as big-F of x equals the definite integral from a to x of f(t) with respect to t. The nuance present here is the fact that while big-F is a function of x, big-F is defined by the definite integral of a different function of t. In this case, t is a dummy variable as the only quantity in this function that actually varies is the x in the upper limit of integration. 

As such, the challenge that arises in working with accumulation functions is remembering this nuance. If, for example, I wanted to calculate F(2), I would need to remember to only replace the upper limit of integration with 2, and not the t in f(t).

That being said, I have not had a substantial amount of difficulty in remembering this nuance and subsequently working with accumulation functions properly.

The next section of AP Calculus AB deals primarily with antidifferentiation rules and techniques that were not deemed too advanced for the AB course, which I do not anticipate to be too terribly difficult. However, while I have studied other topics that we will learn later on in the past, they look like they will still be reasonably challenging. There are two such topics that I can think of specifically. The first is the application of integration to determining volume of solids of revolution, by the methods of discs and washers. The second is single-variable first order elementary differential equations.

Overall, while AP Calculus AB and AP Statistics are my favorite classes, they are also the most challenging. AP Statistics is my most challenging class as, in contrast to AP Calculus AB, I have not spent a significant amount of time studying its material before taking the class.

I'm not bad at any subjects I CURRENTLY have, but I am absolutely horrible at Chemistry. Like, 70% bad. :/

I'm pretty horrible at Geography, too. ^^; No sense of direction.

I don't think I've ever taken a class in my entire college career where I felt like I didn't understand the material (more than anything, laziness has been my downfall), but I did struggle with chemistry quite a bit in high school. Literally nothing about it made sense at the time, and while I'm certain I'd do a lot better if I were to take it now, that didn't stop me from taking astronomy and anthro for the sole purpose of getting around taking chem for my general science requirements.