Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who feels this way?

uglybad

Every now and then, I get on the creepypasta wiki and see if there's any new thrillers. Most of the time, what I read is complete garbage and does not affect me at all. However, almost every time I'll be scrolling down the page and I'll see an image that makes me go "OH SWEET MOTHER OF-"

So, yeah, scary images. Let me use "sonic.exe" for an example.

Sonic.exe is an over-hyped, very poorly written pasta that gets more credit than it deserves. The story is complete crap. But the image given, the corrupted title screen with "HYPA RALISTAC" graphics, chills me to the core.

Anybody else get this feel on the creepypasta wiki?

• Brohoof 1

Yes. I feel this exactly. I'm interested in creepypasta, but the images freaking get to me. At the risk of having someone troll me... again... I can't freaking stand the image of Jeff the Killer. And I know it's a poorly shopped image, but it just freaks the everfuck out of me. (Like, sonic.exe, an over-hyped pasta that's only really popular due to the image, lol) And, like, the Luna images... ugh... Also, imscared... I don't know why, because that one's just a simple pixelated face, but it just freaks me out. Something I can't stand is disfigured faces. Faces missing eyes, Glasgow smiles, contorted face shapes all creep me out. So to answer your question, yes, I know where you're coming from.

Here's what I do whenever I browse the Creepypasta Wiki:

For Firefox: "In about:config, change the permissions.default.image preference between 1 (auto-load on) and 2 (auto-load off) "

(Source: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/968486)

I'm sure there are ways to do this for your browser of choice as well. Two things: First, check on a safe site before attempting to view the wiki. If you didn't do it right, you don't wanna lure yourself into safety and then have freaky things pop up. Second, the values will reset when you close the browser, so you have to do this each time you open the browser.

• Brohoof 1

That massively over-popular Ben Drowned was the first one I watched/ read about and really the only one that I enjoyed, probably because I used to have nightmares of Majoras Mask constantly as a kid, after that though i just lost interest altogether.

I sometimes read creepypastas, but only at midnight. When I do, it's mainly for a laugh or to see if there is something interesting. When I do see a pic that is supposedly "scary", I'm just very "meh" about it. I look at it and move on.

Oh, Creepy Pasta is a website? I thought it was the name given to this whole scenario haha. Well it is pasta... and when I watched it as a child it definitely was creepy. 

That would seem like a pretty big source of nightmare fuel to the mind of a young child.

I never liked inanimate objects turning into monsters. Great example, right here.

Yes. I feel this exactly. I'm interested in creepypasta, but the images freaking get to me. At the risk of having someone troll me... again... I can't freaking stand the image of Jeff the Killer. And I know it's a poorly shopped image, but it just freaks the everfuck out of me. (Like, sonic.exe, an over-hyped pasta that's only really popular due to the image, lol) And, like, the Luna images... ugh... Also, imscared... I don't know why, because that one's just a simple pixelated face, but it just freaks me out. Something I can't stand is disfigured faces. Faces missing eyes, Glasgow smiles, contorted face shapes all creep me out. So to answer your question, yes, I know where you're coming from.

Here's what I do whenever I browse the Creepypasta Wiki:

For Firefox: "In about:config, change the permissions.default.image preference between 1 (auto-load on) and 2 (auto-load off) "

(Source: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/968486)

I'm sure there are ways to do this for your browser of choice as well. Two things: First, check on a safe site before attempting to view the wiki. If you didn't do it right, you don't wanna lure yourself into safety and then have freaky things pop up. Second, the values will reset when you close the browser, so you have to do this each time you open the browser.

Pretty much the same way I feel.

I don't necessarily want to disable the images. I'm just saying they make me feel uneasy.

I sometimes read creepypastas, but only at midnight. When I do, it's mainly for a laugh or to see if there is something interesting. When I do see a pic that is supposedly "scary", I'm just very "meh" about it. I look at it and move on.

I wish I could be like that. I've always been an easy scare.

I usually read creepypastas, but since I'm used to scary things in my childhood any scary pictures don't phase me at all.

What kind of things did you see in your childhood?

I laughed when I saw the Sonic.exe youtube rendition. Squidward's suicide was scary but it is quite obvious the guy that was talking about sonic.exe has probably never played a classic sonic game before. I laughed when he said: "And eggman was running.... er... uh... in the sprite he usually runs in in a sonic game."

Jumpscares are the cheapest way to scare somebody. Why can't writers and story tellers use detailed descriptions to scare someone? I'm getting sick of the pop-up horror in movies and shows.

I decided to watch pewdiepie play the game version of sonic.exe and I nearly threw my phone at my door when the screamer popped up.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 1

I don't get that scared by the "notorious" images that everyone hates (Smile.jpg, sonic.exe and of course Jeff). I normally get scared by the actual story itself. Images can add to it, but normally they don't, unfortunately. This story is a good one however and the image DOES add to it. It's not a screamer or a jump scare either. It's a genuine photo.

Yes. I feel this exactly. I'm interested in creepypasta, but the images freaking get to me. At the risk of having someone troll me... again... I can't freaking stand the image of Jeff the Killer.

I swear to god that image of Jeff The Killer has given me so many sleepless nights it isn't even funny. The thing that's even scarier is when it's a ear piercing, fullscreen goddamn screamer. I stopped keeping the lights off while on the computer after that night..

But I know how you all feel.. It's funny to me sometimes though.. How I know it'll happen but I just don't do anything about it.

• Brohoof 2

You know... I LOVE reading Creepypastas, and these images don't really affect me. But I started reading less and less Creepypastas because they are all the same. They are mediocre stories that leech off of a famous one and make the original less and less scary. You want to go on Creepypasta.com and tell me how many "Slenderman" stories there are? Or "Jeff the Killer" stories? It's getting real old. It's like kids trying to "trickshot" on games like CoD because some group of idiots (Faze) decided:"Hey! Let's do what this one kid did and spin around really fast and hip fire! Oh, and let's put shitty boy-band music and dubstep in the video too!" It's just a bunch of fame leeches who desperately try to suck fame from it but do it so bad, it's actually killing off the host.