Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Mental Age?

CT-1138

I'm mentally 22, they say.

I disagree, partially because I don't think enough of myself to argue that I have a mind of that much more life experience than myself. While I do tend to get mistaken for 20ish online, 'tis untrue.

I'm 14 years old, dangit!

"None of the answers are who I am."

I felt pretty much the same. I didn't like the answer choices for most of the questions. That being said, I got a mental age of 25, and I will be turning 25 in just 8 days. Sometimes I feel like 24 going on 5 and other times 24 going on 50. I think mental age fluctuates during the day.

I took the test on MyMentalAge.com because it has more questions.

I'm 14 and I got 52 two times.

That one is a lot better. 6 questions with only 3 responses each is not enough data. 20 questions with 5 responses each is a lot better. I got a mental age of 45. Not surprising, really. Most of my friends are 40 years of age and up.

• Brohoof 1

My mental age is 25, which is also my actual age.

The specifics:

• Borat Sagdiyev? Stupid. I appreciate good satire, and I feel like Borat could almost be funny if it wasn't so hamfisted and filled with supposedly "ironic" sexism and racism. Not a fan of gross-out humor either.
  • My next birthday? "Watching TV" isn't exactly what I'll be doing, but I will most likely be at home/work, treating it like any other day of the year.
  • Marijuana? "No thanks, I'm not into drugs." I have no desire to do recreational drugs myself, but I'm also not opposed to marijuana use from other people. If they aren't hurting anybody, go for it, I say.
  • Fancy dress party? I've actually been to a couple of these, and had a good time, so I'd happily attend, dressed to the nines.
  • Paris for dinner? Are you kidding? Making spur-of-the-moment plans like that is horrendously shortsighted, expensive, and potentially dangerous. Pass.
  • Weekend? SLEEP.

I think these six questions are honestly too specific in some cases to really deliver an accurate answer, despite mine being spot-on, to say nothing of how nebulous the concept of "mental age" is.

Apparently my mental age is 16. Not knowing how they got that, since equaling being adventurous and spontaneous with mental immaturity is ridiculous.

Now I know this is supposed to be fun, but the questions are kind of too obvious.

If I feel like going to a "fancy" dress party, I'll go, that doesn't have anything to do with maturity, but more about enthusiasm.

I would sleep the entire weekend long because I have a busy schedule, besides studying I tutor people so I hardly have any time to rest, chores are always done on Wednesday and Thursday. So this question, like all the others honestly, is a bit too specific.

I smoke marijuana, and I'm informed about what it does to you, down to what receptors react to tetra-n-hydrocannabinol. I use it for various reasons, so this question was kind of forceful, it felt like the creator of the quiz is kind of implying that marijuana smokers are unintelligent and ignorant, not to mention immature, for some reason.

Going to Paris? Why not? I honestly would, not only is my French decent enough to communicate, dinner in Paris sounds awesome, even though the dinner will take a long time since hey, tradition. Not only that, my time right now allows for such an event, just having finished exams myself and having 5 consecutive free days, so why wouldn't I? Again, not really seeing the point here. I like a little adventure.

Birthday, probably watching TV or wasting time, though most favorable would be inviting friends over, having friends over is always fun and awesome.

I don't like Borat, satire or not, it wasn't entertaining for me. 

I'm not upset or anything about the result, it's just that I don't see the logic behind these. Honestly, if you chose all the "right" answers, it makes you look like a grump, rather than someone mentally mature. I mean, everyone has their own reasons and motivations right? I don't see the reasoning behind the questions.

Edited by Winterbass