Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Funko Vinyl MLP figures?

Venomous

Does anyone know if Funko will be making new MLP vinyl collectible figures? (The larger figures, not the mystery minis).

I know that Vinyl, Octavia, SpitFire, FlutterShy, PinkiePie, Lyra, SweetieDrops, TimeTurner, and RainbowDash are already out but does anyone know if AppleJack or any new characters will be released?

I heard it would be Twi and Trixie. I've heard this several times in different places including hints at the pair from Funko themselves. Since they release a main pony and a background at the same time this makes perfect sense. Now if it's unicorn Twi or alicorn Twi they've not said. Could be a variant like the red/green tie Dr Hooves, maybe they are only doing one or the other, no one knows at this point except Funko.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/rumor-trixie-and-twilight-teaming-up.html

Yea, I bribed them to do Twixie. What of it?!

Edited by The Mane-iac

I'm just curious but do Twilights wings look detachable to anyone else or are my eyes playing trix again?

They could surprise us, but my guess is they are not. They are however more than likely separately made and then attached like the manes, so if you don't mind gapping holes or pegs you could remove them yourself if they really bother you. These are pretty much meant to be collectors pieces which means show accurate and no customization in my experience with desk statues. Even the TY beanies only come in alicorn flavor now.

They could surprise us, but my guess is they are not. They are however more than likely separately made and then attached like the manes, so if you don't mind gapping holes or pegs you could remove them yourself if they really bother you. These are pretty much meant to be collectors pieces which means show accurate and no customization in my experience with desk statues. Even the TY beanies only come in alicorn flavor now.

Yeah, I'm honestly not exspecting them to be detachable but it would have been a nice touch. I like both incarnations of Twilight so I might just have to buy 2 of her and convert one into a regular unicorn. I can't wait to get these I have all 10 of the others n its good to get #4 of the mane 6.

I sooooo want time turner and they should do Soarin xD or shining armor or Big Mac or AJ or rarity

Dr Hooves aka Time Turner, has already been done. You can pretty much count on AJ and Rarity. I've heard AJ might come out along side Big Mac, but that's just rumor. Once they start on the princess's I could see Shining Armor being released along side Cadance.

Yeah, I'm honestly not exspecting them to be detachable but it would have been a nice touch. I like both incarnations of Twilight so I might just have to buy 2 of her and convert one into a regular unicorn. I can't wait to get these I have all 10 of the others n its good to get #4 of the mane 6.

I've passed up a few because I didn't really like the look of them or they weren't ponies that are high on my list. Well I guess I should restate that as I've passed on them all except RD and Fluttershy. I'll be picking up two of Trixie though, one to stay in the box along side my previously mentioned two, and one to get taken out and displayed on my desk. Maybe a third for in my car too... Is it too obvious I've been waiting for the release of a certain pony?

Not only Twilight, but AJ (with her hat!) and Luna are supposedly in the works. EqD reported an interview with Funko a while back that listed these three. I can't wait!

I really want AppleJack !

For those who have not heard, go pre-order them: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/funko-trixie-lulamoon-and-princess.html

I already got all my Trixie's pre-ordered. Sorry Princess, but highest level unicorn is better than alicorn. Just hope none of them are sparkly or I'll have to send them back or something.

Edited by The Mane-iac

I'm excited to see that they're making Trixie, and Twilight figures. I already have my Twilight pre-ordered. :P

How did you get it pre-ordered?

I already got all my Trixie's pre-ordered. Sorry Princess, but highest level unicorn is better than alicorn. Just hope none of them are sparkly or I'll have to send them back or something.

No!!!  Don't send it back!  Do you know how much those go for on Ebay?  The cheap ones are $50.  You could make good money off of an auction.

In any case, I'm excited for them.  It's been a while since they did Octavia and Vinyl, so I was afraid that they were going to stop.

I pre-ordered it off of the Hot Topic website. You can pre-order both Twilight, and Trixie there.

Oh okay awesome, I found them. Thank you so so much

• Brohoof 1

No!!!  Don't send it back!  Do you know how much those go for on Ebay?  The cheap ones are $50.  You could make good money off of an auction.

In any case, I'm excited for them.  It's been a while since they did Octavia and Vinyl, so I was afraid that they were going to stop.

Are the sparkly ones seriously that sought after? I'd much rather have show color than clear sparkly things. Feel that way about the blind bags too, I've yet to find me a show color Applejack or Trixie, just the oddball clear ones and stuff.

Are the sparkly ones seriously that sought after? I'd much rather have show color than clear sparkly things. Feel that way about the blind bags too, I've yet to find me a show color Applejack or Trixie, just the oddball clear ones and stuff.

Oh yeah, absolutely.  The most important thing is that they're obviously rarer than the standard variant.  I also personally think that they look pretty cool, and I imagine that you don't have the problem of a potentially messy paint job on them.  I'd never shell out the money for one though (partly because if I got one, it wouldn't be right until I had them all  :blink: ).  However, I do see where you're coming from.

EDIT: My mistake, I just looked and depending on the pony, you can potentially get the sparkle variants for $27 (this tends to be the older ones, ie. RD and Derpy).  However, some also seem to go for as high as $80.  Note that I'm only using the 'Buy it now' prices, not the auctions.

Edited by Antismurf9001

These two will probably be a lot more for the variants because they are Hot Topic exclusives so less of them will be produced, and they are both popular characters.

But yeah they do go for a lot more... after all only 1 in 24 are variants so for the people who do want those (or want both versions) they almost have to buy them on eBay from someone who beat the odds.  But yeah you'll definitely make a profit on them.

• 4 weeks later...