Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should MLP adapt to appeal to bronys and everyone else?

OG Blaze

"appeal to Bronies"

the show already "appeals " to me, otherwise I wouldn't watch it. They're doing great as is with the show. I appreciate the subtle things they're putting into the new season as a nod towards the fandom though. (Neon Lights in the background of "Rarity Takes Manehattan" also in the same episode, Grumpy Cat was a cutie mark on somepony during the first music number.

Why mess with what works?

Look at the Derpy fiasco....we all know how THAT ended.

Edited by ~TGAP Trixie~

It already appeals to bronies..... If it didn't we wouldn't be having this conversation on a brony forums. JS

as for everyone else..... You can't please them all...... And it would really screw up the show if you tried to please everybody.

How does it not already have universal appeal?

Seriously, I think that "Bronies" need to take a step back and realize that this is not their show. First and foremost it is a show for young girls - per Lauren Faust - to show them that there are many different ways to be a girl and that none of them are wrong.

You are perfectly free to watch it, and I will defend the Bronies right to watch it. But it isn't your show, and it doesn't need to change for you.

(Sorry... To put this post in context, it is more spawned by the nonsense that the show is 'sexist' against men, than it is this topic at hand).

Pretty much this. MLP: FiM is meant to be a fun, little show that little kids can watch with their parents and they can enjoy it too. It doesn't have to appeal to any one audience but rather all audiences. While the fandom shout-outs are cool and all, this is not "our" show - it's the family's show.

Honestly, this is a terrible idea. It would be like taking a piece of art away from someone, telling them what to do, and then expecting them to deliver. Besides, it already has it's target audience, and yet they still make small references to internet fandoms (like Slenderman in the most recent ep.) So honestly, what more could you really want? 

• 7 years later...
On 2014-01-16 at 7:34 PM, SkyBound said:

I believe she already has, and the staff currently working on the show have been continuing that mindset.  At least in my opinion

When Lauren Faust began deveolping the show, her intent was to create a show that would appeal not only to the target demographic, but also entertain parents, siblings etc. that would possibly watch the show with them (which could included anyone of us and that is how I first discovered the show).  Essentially, it had the potential to be entertaining to anyone.  Seeing how the fandom has grown since the show's first airing or even looking upon everyone on this forum, that seems to be evidence enough that they have succeeded on that front.  

Exactly.