Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were immortal, would you be happy or sad?

Sugar Pea

If I was immortal, I'd figure out a way to spread that to people I loved. If I couldn't spread it, I would hate it. I'd have to watch my husband and kids grow old while I stayed young.. That'd be depressing.  :(

I'm immortal, so I have to watch my family die, see many thing that I like dissapear while I stay here forever, but I can also make new friends, know the decendants of my family, gain more wisdom and throw myself from a mountain for fun, so I have that goin' for me, which is nice

Edit: I just found the irony from my comment, since my profile picture is Gabriel Belmont, who's tired from immortality by Pony of Shadows 2 XD

Edited by Zekromic

I'm immortal, so I have to watch my family die, see many thing that I like dissapear while I stay here forever, but I can also make new friends, know the decendants of my family, gain more wisdom and throw myself from a mountain for fun, so I have that goin' for me, which is nice

I never thought of it that way.. only thought of watching my current loved ones age without me. It would be really cool to always be around to help my kids when they become parents, and watch my grand and great grandchildren grow up. I would be the eternal Grammy!  :D

This explains my feelings on immortality quite well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LivingForeverIsAwesome

Though it is also funny because I play Princess Celestia, who for a thousand years lived in sorrow and regret. Also because of her loving nature it does hurt when one of her subjects that she has grown close to grows old and dies.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I never thought of it that way.. only thought of watching my current loved ones age without me. It would be really cool to always be around to help my kids when they become parents, and watch my grand and great grandchildren grow up. I would be the eternal Grammy!  :D

yeah, most of us forget the good parts of being immortal. I got those from a fic were our lovely Flutty gains a longer life span, she gets depressed but her friends later snap her out by telling her she could make new friends and see the children of the others (not hers, since she's barren in that story)

I think ultimately Id be sad because Id be seeing everyone and every thing around me become a victim to time but, I would love to see who things evolve and change around me.

It would be quite sad knowing you'll have to see all of your friends and relatives die eventually, going through the loss for all eternity instead of ascending (or descending) into the "afterlife" if you believe it exists.

Unlesssss my special somepony (or somebody lol) happened to be immortal as well, then I'd probably be happy regardless knowing I'll truly be with them forever :)  (assuming we never break up, though that almost seems impossible to hold on to for an eternity) .

Being gifted immortality, even though I have nothing worth living for...

Eh... I'd be happy. Maybe getting to a very advanced age would earn me a record.

But then, to the thoughtful side, I'd see humanity slowly deteriorate, with no control of which.

I would be very sad, knowing I will see everyone I love die, and everything.

Then I would realize that I have plenty of time ahead, probably to help people or do whatever I want.

But still, no immortality for meh. :c

I'd be sad, but I think it would end up more of a bittersweet sorrow than depression.

Sure, someday my parents will die. My brother and sister will die. My wife and children will die. But as they go, new opportunities open. I can meet people I could have never met before. I could see new creations my family could never have lived to see. I could be a living testament to the history of people from 1997 onwards.

Yes, it would be sad to see people go. But there would be so much fun in seeing what humanity can offer to make it worth it.

I would rather not. I would get depressed because my family and friends would die around me and I would not be able to handle the loneliness. 

I would rather not. I would get depressed because my family and friends would die around me and I would not be able to handle the loneliness. 

You would be around their offspring, though (someone else pointed that out when I mentioned not wanting to watch my loved ones die). You'd be the everlasting relative/friend for everyone's kids and grandkids. The thought of being around to help my great grandkids raise THEIR kids is kinda cool.. and it would provide a sense of security for my kids that I would always be around.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure I'd feel both happiness and sadness, at different times, for different reasons. Happiness at the myriad possibilities that would open up after becoming immortal. Sadness at watching things deteriorate and die. You get the idea.

Funny thing is, after the first few hundred years I will have exhausted the possibilities and gotten used to the losses, eventually settling into eternal boredom. I'd be crossing my fingers for an apocalypse just to add some spice to the proceedings. Makes me wonder if going insane is an inevitable side effect of living forever.