Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird things your pets do

Treble Bolt

Okay, there's a pet thread about what pets you own, but I haven't seen one on strange things/quirks/habits your pets do!

Like my hedgehog loves metal.  If I am wearing my rings while handling him, he'll bite me trying to get them, but if I take them off and he can get at them, he'll take it, put it under his body, and huff at me telling me "this is mine."

Or my one crazy cat.  If we have company over, he doesn't want anything to do with the company and instead sits in an adjacent room staring at everything. If I happen to leave the room company is in, he'll follow me and will begin "talking" to me in an urgent manner...But then as soon as I go back to the main room, he'll quietly go back to his area of observation and won't make a peep.

In my backyard, there is a wire connected from the house to a post in the middle of the yard. Usually, dragonflies perch themselves on the wire. When that happens, my dog constantly tries jumping at the wire to grab them. The funny thing is that she can't reach that high, even while jumping. So, I watch her jump at the wire several times, trying her best to get the dragonfly. It's very amusing to watch. It's even funnier if there is mud in that area. She is covered in it by the time she gives up. :P

• Brohoof 1

My female dog lifts her leg to pee.

She falls out of bed - even when placed directly in the middle of the bed.

She barks when people argue.

She will stand on top of your shoulders if she wants your attention.

She willingly farts when scared.

• Brohoof 1

My dog plays with bottle caps... as if he was a cat. Imagine a cat playing with ball of yarn, that's how my dog play's with bottle caps. He even tosses them into the air to try and catch them. It is adorable.

But then he starts chewing on it and we have to take it away from him or else he is just going to rip it to shreds and possible eat the tiny pieces of plastic. 

Edited by AnonBrony

My family has an outdoor cat who loves to play with pieces of hay and small rocks.  We felt bad that that was all she had to play with, so at Christmas, we brought her a catnip toy.  She was absolutely terrified of it.

• Brohoof 1

Malinter, on 17 Jan 2014 - 1:24 PM, said:

Mine have learned that squeeking is very good at getting attention >_<

My cat does this as well.

Anyways, my cat is pretty normal. She jumps on things she shouldn't, she claws at the carpet.

• 1 year later...

My dog for some reason likes to scoot around on the floor on her behind. And she also has a habit of licking the floor and the carpet. She does it constantly and it grosses me out. >_<

My dog likes to go and eat its own barf after it just barfed it all out. I find it gross, but it does help a bit with cleaning it up. 

My pets do a lot of weird things to be honest. 

When one of my dogs bark, he literally sounds like a chicken. One of my cats like to drink milk/water with her paw. When another sleeps, he looks like he got run over by a bus. And one of my own cats, just likes to stare at me.

Yeah, my pets are weird.

My dog is the physical enbodiment of derp. He trips over himself, runs into doors, barks at his relection, is terrified of his own farts, likes getting hoovered, for some reason likes wine, and ALWAYS has a pair of my boxers in his gob.

Here's one thing :comeatus:. My dog has had some stuffed animals to play wih before: and he humped them continuously :comeatus: :lol:.

My dog loves to lick people's feet and my birds quack like ducks.