Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird things your pets do

Treble Bolt

Lets' start with my departed pets.

My first cat, the late great Einstein, would lick himself whenever we would scatch him. Whenever we wanted attention, he would put a paw on us. 

The late great Munchkin would jump up on us and start needing a body part, usually our necks, making it look like she was trying to strangle us. 

The late great Comet, had a hang tooth, so his lip would get caught on it and make funny expressions. He would also drool whenever he was happy. 

Our German Shepherd/ Rottweiler mix, the late great Bubby, would start sounding like Chewbacca to get our attention. He would also start howling whenever the train would go by and sound off. He also had a look where he had one ear up like a shepherd, but one ear down like a Rottweiler, so he had a goofy look to him from the get go. 

For our pets that our still with us:

My Norwegian forest cat Jaysee would always slink around the house, trying to avoid detection. She also doesn't meow, instead opting for a mix chirps & meeps that sound like morse code.

My other cat, Cake, is loud. Always talking, always has something to say. He starts caterwauling at night when no one is around. he has begun a habit of bringing up socks to the upstairs and leaving them in the hallway, which is great for me, saves me some trouble.  Now he's stepped up to dish rags & underwear. He loves having the base of his backside, in front of his tail tapped. So it looks like we're spanking him. And he really likes it, making all sorts of half meow, half purr sounds, getting a freaked out look on his face, gently grabbing on and biting the arm, just to start licking it soon after. He is now trained to constantly meow at us and lead us to this big scratching post we have, where he'll jump up, parading back in fourth, butt in the air, meowing incessantly at us until we start tapping him. Oh and he loves to clean other people's hair. 

And lastly, our youngest Beebee. Sounds like a kitten, even though we've had her for almost 5 years now. Not chubby or fat, but she is densely packed, or as my dad calls her, a fireplug. Wherever she's someplace high, she'll climb down onto your shoulders and start prancing back in fourth on there, either trying to get comfortable or trying to get down, scratching you up in the process. When she was a kitten, she used to climb up pant legs.

That's all I got! 

(edited)

My cat called Buttons eats grass and my previous cat would disappear for months at a time often returning with bread or dead mice she collected when she was wandering around, god knows where.

Edited by Care Taker

(edited)

My pets do some odd stuff. Haha
Daisy is my parrot, Sophie is my cat.

Daisy:
- Says "Bye!" when we are about to leave.
- Cusses...her favorite phrase used to be "F***" (I swear I don't know where she learned that...lol)
- Screams "SHUT UP" when people are being to loud, especially other animals.
- Scream when my brother shows up.

Sophie:
- Sticks her tongue out all the time.
- Knock my cups over...any chance she gets.
- Will try to paw at my food while i'm eating.
- Drink out of my cups (usually when i'm not looking)
- Eats potato chips
- Hates chicken, loves seafood flavor
- Knead on me before she sleeps.

Edited by Nature Of Meloetta

When I let my Cat in in the morning, if you don't stroke and love him enough he'll start biting and gnawing at your feet. 

He also likes to lick knees. Don't ask me why.... he's weird.

One of my dogs loves to slowly drag herself across the floor, I think to get attention. She will sometimes do that for a little while, mostly when she is excited to see people. 

She is like 'HEY, I am doing something really random, notice me.' And it works usually.

I have two hamsters. They do many weird things when they are together, but the one that stands out the most is their habit to bit each other's tail.

It looks so cute when they do that ;^;

An old dog of mine used to dig her pillow. I think she may have had OCD. She'd dig her pillow, like, nonstop. The cover for it got so torn up. She also used to pull all the stuffing out of her toys.

My parents' dog, now, has this thing where she'll howl, but she gets too into it and gets completely disoriented when she howls too much. It's really funny. She's also afraid of weird things. Like us coughing or sneezing. She'll leave if we do any of these things. Even if we just clear our throats, she leaves. She also sticks her tongue out a lot. I worry, sometimes, that it'll dry out.

We have a leopard gecko. I wouldn't call it a quirk, but I think it's cool that she's made one single corner of her tank into her bathroom and always goes there. As opposed to any other reptiles we've had, who just go anywhere. She's so smart!

• Brohoof 1

I had a dog once that would try to dig out stones from underwater. It was like his hobby. He'd walk around in a shallow pond with his head underwater, scouring for large stones. It looked really weird, like a headless dog. It made my family lol so hard.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

My last cat used to try to eat plastic for some reason, and he'd sleep in weird positions.

My current cat really likes belly rubs, and whenever I'm home, she sits in front of my door at night and scratches at it while meowing. I don't think she understands that I need sleep. She also runs around the house a lot, but that's not too unusual for cats.

My cats have some quirks.

McKitty
-Didn't know how to meow, so when he wanted food, he would squeak. He still does sometimes, even though he knows how to meow now.
-Likes to scoop cat food out of the dish with his paw.
-Doesn't like his feet or belly touched.
-Will sometimes just roll around and lick the floor.
-Puffs up when he's mad.
-Is sometimes too lazy to sit up to drink.

Lily Belle
-Will sometimes just run back and forth for no reason.
-Squeaks when she jumps on/off things.
-Will stand up on her hind legs and try to turn the door knob with her paws.