S04:E10 - Rainbow Falls  

385 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Gotta admit, I was severely disappointed by this episode. Between Dash having to have Twilight spoonfeed something she'd already learned a long time ago to her, the Wonderbolts' ridiculous and nonsensical motivations, and the generally subpar humor all throughout, I can't really call this anything but my least favorite episode of the season. Besides some cute Dash expressions and the setting, I can't even think of anything I enjoyed about it.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Wow! Fluttershy got a ribbon for being so athletic! Crazy!

No gack commercial. Time to pay up ^_^

Inbox me your oc if you have one. I need some practice with other ocs other than mine.

And dont worry it won't be anything crazy. All sfw.

HERP DERP HOORAY!!! Finally she gets another non-background role! Too bad she didn't get to talk or fly, but I guess it might be better to leave her potential performance a mystery. Personally I like to think she might have done really well and surprised everyone... except for the thing with the rings swinging back and forth, because she's already seeing double :P

I hope this means we'll be seeing her around more, and not just a one-time thing for the season.

• Brohoof 4

Inbox me your oc

Nope. Ain't got one lol But I might make one if I can find the inspiration to make an OC. When/If I do, I'll contact you with it. ;) 

• Brohoof 1

Pretty good episode. One thing that bugged me though was why did Snowflake (Bulk Biceps) suddenly turn into a terrible flyer?

Oh, and DERPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA7r1_va1_I

Beautiful visuals, ugly characterization and derailing of the wonderbolts. Seriously, Ponyville's flying team ain't gonna win. Literally the only reason why I thought RD should've worried about moving to the other team was AJ, Pinkie, and Rarity.

It's not like Fluttershy would've been jumping at the chance to go; with everything we know about Fluttershy's character, RD had to have pushed her into it. Moving to the team that actually wants to be there and that she'd actually have fun with makes sense to me. 

2/10.

• Brohoof 6

@,

Biceps was never a good flyer. He probably got accepted into the academy purely because of strength.

THIS EPISODE WAS SUPER DUPER!

Even at the beginning i already started to laugh. I think we need more Bulk Biceps he so funny!

I didn't think Fluttershy would be in the team but i kinda like it. She's so adorable and what he said to Rainbow Dash was so cute! 

Plus we even saw Derpy! He facial expressions were so cute as well  :muffins:

Pinkie Pie cheerleading and Twlight too  :wub:

We also saw one of the keys for the Mystery Box. I thought it was the little flag but it was the wonder bolt badge.

-

I just really loved this episode, i hope Team Ponyville wins at the Equestria Games. GO PONYVILLE!

Edited by Dashie~
  • Brohoof 3

This. was. AMAZING. :D This felt like a season one or two episode. The other episodes haven't felt as right, but this, this was great. I don't care if it was cliché or predictable; they executed it amazingly. I want to see more of this type of episode. Seeing Derpy like that again was great (and I'm not even a huge fan of her) Soarin was great, and I'm extremely happy to see Fluttershy acting normal and just being herself; I never enjoyed Flutterhulk or Flutterbat. Just a good old slice of life episode. <3 Glad to see Rainbow found her key too. Corey Powell, you did not disappoint. I hope she writes more episodes, her episodes are always great. :)

• Brohoof 2

I just really loved this episode, i hope Team Ponyville wins at the Equestria Games. GO PONYVILLE!

Knowing the writers, they'll probably make Ponyville come in second or something.

The thing i'm most excited about are those three new griffons. I love griffons! 

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't really looking forward to this episode, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. It was actually a decent episode. We got to see Bulk Biceps talk, and I have to say that it was nice to see him talk more. I was also happy to see more Griffons, I mean it's about time we got to see more. Seeing Derpy was awesome, and I noticed they didn't "censor" her eyes. Sure, she didn't talk but that was definitely the Derpy we all love.

Fleetfloot (I think that's her name) was an awesome character. Her voice sounds so much like my headcanon for Terezi (Homestuck). Anyways, I noticed she had a bit of a lisp, which I thought was a neat little touch. Anyways, I want to see more of her. I'm not sure why, but I thought she was a really cool pony.

It was nice to see Soarin as well. I also liked how the Wonderbolts learned a lesson. I mean, it wasn't very nice of them to lie to Rainbow, and Soarin. Overall, this probably is one of my favorite Season 4 episodes so far. We got to see an awful lot of new stuff, which was nice.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Biceps was never a good flyer. He probably got accepted into the academy purely because of strength.

He flew much better than they portrayed in this episode. He could barely lift off the ground.

I WAS LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR DERPY AND BOOM! RIGHT IN MY FACE! THEN I WAS ALL "MEH I BET THATS ALL I GET TO SEE OF HER" THEN BAM! DERPY FOR DAYZ! SOOOOOOOOO MUCH DERP! I LOVE HOW THEY BROUGHT HER BACK! SHES THE BEST REPLACEMENT! IT WOULD MAKE THE TEAM COMPLETE! OMG IM SOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! I HAVE BEEN UP FOR 36 HOURS AND NOW I CANT SLEEP! AND I JUST LOOKED AND SAW HASBRO IS CURRENTLY WORK ON SEASON 5 OMG! BEST MONTH EVER! AND MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 23! 

/capslock

• Brohoof 4

Derpy as Rainbow Dash's replacement...  I was actually kind of wanting to see her race, but can't say I was disappointed with the outcome. Overall good episode. Bulk Biceps? They need to start bringing in other background ponies. 

One thing I had a problem with... Didn't the wonderbolts already learn to be more "loyal" during the training at Wonderbolts Academy? Did they just regress after the episode again?

• Brohoof 1

He flew much better than they portrayed in this episode. He could barely lift off the ground.

True, but how long has it been since the academy? He could have easily lost a lot of strength in his wings. 

Gotta admit, I was severely disappointed by this episode. Between Dash having to have Twilight spoonfeed something she'd already learned a long time ago to her, the Wonderbolts' ridiculous and nonsensical motivations, and the generally subpar humor all throughout, I can't really call this anything but my least favorite episode of the season.

While the Wonderbolts' motivations made no sense (even if Soarin' had competed injured they still would've easily qualified, seriously, who cares about winning a qualifying round?), I do understand to an extent why RD succumbed to the peer pressure here.  Yeah she's had her loyalty tested before, but to be fair no opportunity she's had (i.e. the Young Fliers' Competition and the Wonderbolts Academy) offered the same level of prestige as the chance to compete at the Equestria Games with the Wonderbolts themselves, plus they didn't actually even make their offer to her to compete with them until basically the last minute, blindsiding her, so it's not like she was torn between both teams the whole episode (though she should've known that offer would be the logical conclusion of practicing with them).

One thing I was disappointed by was that apparently the writers don't know who Blossomforth is, because that pony who spoke to RD on the train at the beginning was most definitely not her.  But, Bulk Biceps and *suffers mild heart attack* DERPY more than made up for it for me in the background character department!!!  :muffins:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 5