• Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

post-6662-0-67620100-1390072349_thumb.jpg

post-6662-0-73975600-1390072556_thumb.jpg

post-6662-0-50190900-1390072357_thumb.jpg

515313__safe_animated_spoiler-colon-s04e

It does mean something! I KNEW it had to! There's no doubt! Surely this means something! :D

~~~~~

Anyway, good episode! No song, but it didn't bother me. :P I liked all the character development in Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot. And oh my gosh guys! Thunderlane TALKS!

But yeah. To be honest I feel they're doing too many "Equestria Game" type episodes, but it was different from what I thought it would be story wise, so that's okay. Overall good episode!

• Brohoof 3

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It does mean something! I KNEW it had to! There's no doubt! Surely this means something! :D

~~~~~

Anyway, good episode! No song, but it didn't bother me. :P I liked all the character development in Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot. And oh my gosh guys! Thunderlane TALKS!

But yeah. To be honest I feel they're doing too many "Equestria Game" type episodes, but it was different from what I thought it would be story wise, so that's okay. Overall good episode!

It's something like special artifacts that will ultimately lead characters to keys from box

• Brohoof 1

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

~~~~~

post-3094-0-09857200-1390073263_thumb.png

Yeah, looks like Rainbow Power might just be canon.

It's something like special artifacts that will ultimately lead characters to keys from box

It would seem that way.

Although, here's what I'm catching onto: It seems as though anytime somepony gives a mane six character some sort of item, or they're looking at something and then this "rainbow vision" appears, it has something to do with friendship. In other words, it's a realization they've left their friends behind and thus go after them. Later, they're given something, and it often represents the mane six characters' future dream, if that makes sense. Think about it. Rarity and fashion. The yarn. RainbowDash and the Wonderbolts. The Wonderbolt badge. What do the other mane six characters want? Is it possible that what they're given could then represent what they want most or what they will become in the near future, all while possibly having something to do with the six keyed box? The objects could very well represent the keys!

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 3

Episode: Good RD episode. Funny and just plain entertaining. One of the better episodes of the season. Awesome to see that Bulk Biceps got more of a voice. I liked his character, it was very funny.

I'm not a fan of how they've been portraying Spitfire. The first time we saw her, she seemed so chill and nice. But ever since the voice change, they've turned her into something I don't like at all. And this episode really showed it. Especially how they treated Soarin. 

I have mixed feelings about Fleetfoots voice. I think after a few times hearing it, I'll get used to it.

DERPY! It's great to finally see her this season. And she wasn't in the background!  :muffins:

Ok, am I the only one who thinks Dash is going to just form her own team at this point? I mean, after all she's done for the Wonderbolts, how have they not invited her to their team yet? She practically should be the captain. Oh, and Dash looked great in a Wonderbolts uniform.  B)

And now another shining object. What could it mean? I have a theory.

Theory:

1517697_777274545623318_424571899_n.png

Ok Ok. I think I have this key thing figured out. First, the video that revealed "Rainbow Power". I think THAT is what is in the box from the Tree of Harmony.

"The question is, how do they get into the box. They haven't found any keys yet!"

I actually DON'T think the keys are literal keys.I think they're going to be objects that will possibly magically form into keys. I know it may sound cheesy, but with Rarity's Yarn she earned and Rainbow Dash's Medal she earned, each shined with rainbow shine. Which is what I think gives it away.

I think you have to earn the keys, not find them. And they can be any object. As long as they sort of represent the element the used to get it. So now we only have 4 more objects remaining.

To be honest, I'm not sure how Twilight and co. will figure out that the objects are the keys, but they just stick out too much for them not to mean something.

• Brohoof 4

Sweet Celestia! Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash,Spitfire,Soarin, Fleetfoot,Derpy, AND Snowflake!?! I almost had a pegasus induced heart attack. 

This episode had ALL of my fave pegasi in it! All of them even got a decent amount of screen time! Sure, my name might be The Great and Powerful Trixie right now, but I'm a die-hard pegasi fan through and though. PEGASUS 4 LYF!

I like how all the other characters were like "Oh my god, that's Rainbow Dash!" when she first  arrived. It's like everyone knows she's just THAT awesome.

I loved that Spitfire brought her badass attitude of badassitude to this episode. She's my fave secondary character over all and my 2nd fave pegasus(Fluttershy being first, since waifu).She's just such a great character. I really like the bit how she reflected back on the Academy when she was talking to Rainbow through out the episode. 

My only gripe about this episode though was how Spitfire and Fleetfoot treated Soarin' after he injured his wing. Then asked Rainbow Dash if she wanted to train and then be apart of the Cloudsdale team. They just abandoned Soarin more or less and peer pressured Dash into joining their team. Then when Soarin and Dash we're talking to each other in the infirmary/hospital, they figured it all out.

But I liked how it was wrapped up, evenit was slightly predictable. Dash taught Spitfire and Fleetfoot yet another lesson, and Dash stayed true to her element in the end and was loyal to her friends and team. Soarin was fully recovered and flew for Cloudsdale.

So far one of my fave episodes in this season by far. SO. MANY. PEGASI.

PEGASUS RULE!  

Edited by ~TGAP Trixie~
  • Brohoof 2

Good to know they haven't left derpy in the dust since that stupid "making fun of retarded people" thing happened. This episode is by far my favorite episode of the season and really had some great RD character development with the wonderbolts! I don't like how they have changed Spitfires character per-say but i still loved everything about this episode! :D 

PEGASUS MASTER RACE :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Finally got my review up:

And the episode only finished 3 hours ago. Woo-hoo!

Anyway, that pretty much covers all my feelings on the episode, but the shippers. Oh my Celestia, the SoarinDash shippers...

I agree with what you said in your vlog, my overall problem is the Wonderbolts are corrupt, I really thought they would've learned a thing or two in Wonderbolts Academy. Speaking of Wonderbolts Academy, where did Snowflake's flying skills go? He was never that bad at flying in Wonderbolts Academy or Hurricane Fluttershy. Twilight Sparkle is the voice of reason in this episode, which is one of the reasons I like her. Pinkie was done perfectly. Derpy is given some role in the episode, it's a start I guess. Overall the episode is 9.5/10

Haha exactly!!! How could I forgot about Juliet Starling??? Nice job Hasbro, I get it :)

(Those characters have had the same voice actors)

P.S. I thing Equestria girls would be better if Twilight looked like Juliet :D

Ever notice how Juliet's outfit is the same color scheme as Twilight :3

Twilight sparkle in a cheerleader uniform?

img-2214917-1-lollipop-chainsaw.jpg

Heh, I thought the same thing. Dunno if it was entirely intentional or not, it'd be a hilarious coincidence though. ^_^

A lot of great references and callbacks in this episode, gotta love it. :)

I don't think I can top the opening to my last review on here, so instead I'll just post this distracting gif:

b9f32728.gif

This episode was clearly going to be sort of follow up (or atleast written somewhat in the style of) Hurricane Fluttershy and Wonderbolts Academy. While I greatly enjoyed the former of these two episodes, I've never been the biggest fan of 'Academy'. Not that I outright hate it (I don't think that is the case with any episode so far), but I just felt that it was slightly weaker than some other epsiodes. I think one of the reasons might have been the sudden change in character for Spitfire. I can understand why they did it in the context of the episode, and I also understand the need for characters to have flaws, but to have a shift in character that much without a given explanation was a bit jarring (although I guess we hadn't really seen all that much of Spitfire in action beforehand, asides from a couple of breif conversations). Knowing that Rainbow Falls was going to feature the Wonderbolts again, I was curious in seeing how this was going to be adressed.

Well, it was sort of addressed, and it sort of wasn't. Spitfire (and Fleetfoot) were again treated as minor antagonists, if not more so this time, although it was nice to see that they did learn something of a lesson this time. At first it felt slightly adrupt - with them instantly apologising to everyone and putting Soarin' back on the team (who was also very quick to accept, considering the way he had been treated :P), but seeing them do well in qualifying while also happily supporting the Ponyville team and having Spitfire give Rainbow her 'key' made it a little more believeable. We'll just have to stay tuned for future episodes to see how the Wonderbolts are handled in future appearances....

Anyway, moving along to the rest of the episode, I really liked it, as I have done with all of Corey Powell's episodes so far. It has probably got to be one of my favourite epsiodes of the season so far, and it didn't feel out of place with the other 'key' episode we've had (I predicted from the synopsis that this would be Rainbow's box episode. I guess we can see a pattern forming here now!). The theme of the six keys/box always sends a chill for some reason, it's a very nice piece of score!

It was very enjoyable to see the the return of lots of the supporting cast and background ponies we haven't seen for a while, such as Soarin. While I know some didn't enjoy it, it was nice to see Snowflake Roid Rage  Bulk Biceps have a larger role. When I first heard about this, I wasn't expecting him to have a prominant role throughout the episode, but I did think it really helped add to the comedy ('Um, "Rainbow Dash" actually starts with an "R"'). 

Speaking of comedy, in a lot of recent episodes (I'm probably thinking of some of Season 3 as well), Pinkie Pie has felt less funny than she used to (atleast for me, but I know I'm not the only one that's flagged this up). However, her line in response to Dash's feeble backstory to her injury excuse was the big laugh out loud moment in the episode for me. I also loved her silly costumes and Rainbow Dash wig :P

And last but not least (as if I could ever forget), the triumphant return of Derpy. I did predict that she would come back in this episode (not believing her to be retired at any point, yes even during Season 3) , considering the pegasus focus, and later made hints from Meghan Mccarthy's Twitter feed, but this return was even more spectacular than I could of imagined. I like how she doesn't seem to be phased by what's going on around her, and intercepting the team photo at the end. I also enjoyed the anecdote about not putting her in any Season 4 episodes up until this one to make her return more fun :). Naturally I celebrated with a banana muffin after the show ;)

So yeah, all in all a fun little episode that had me smiling out-through, although perhaps not as strong overall as Rarity Takes Manehatten.

Whose key will it be next? ;)

• Brohoof 1

I do enjoy seeing Spitfire as an antagonist. It's rather interesting because she's the idol RD looks up to but now that should influence her decision on the Wonderbolts.

Especially with unnamed wonderbolt #2. She was more crafty than Spitfiee.

Soarin is a pretty cool guy though. I think I have a new otp el after seeing both him and RD interact.

Bit predictable to be honest, BUT that may have partly been my fault. In future, I'm going to try not to read any spoilers or synopsises! (<- real word!) ... That's probably not gonna happen.

I want to say I loved it, just because it was Dashie and... Hnnnng I just have to stay loyal to Dashie and... I cannot betray her...!

Buuuut, I'm sorry to say I was little disappointed. Dashie's tricks are getting a little tiresome. I mean, faking ill again? Tut tut! Oh, and what a surprise, she saved Soarin's clumsy ass again! (Oh wait, last time she saved his pie...)

Also, I really expected more humility in the Wonderbolt's attitudes; last time Spitfire was spotlighted, I wasn't impressed with her. This time, paired up with <whatever her name is>, she's quite a little b!tch! Seriously, Dash, get yourself some new role models. At least Soarin' was genuine. Not that I hated Spitfire (who does? She's hot sauce!), it's always better to have a bit of antagonism within the characters we least expect to.

On the plus side:

- DASHIE

- Bulk Biceps is hilarious! I'm so happy to see more of him - he's a cutie, really! I just wish he had a more ironic name like Snowflake, as we know him. He certainly acts like one. I completely cracked up when he tried to squeeze through the hoop, and showing of his tits—*EHEM*—I mean six pack. Ponies need to show him more love! He will alway be iccle Snowfwake to me.

- DERPY! Such a fantastic addition, and an excellent shout out to our fan service! I can only hope that no one died of happiness when she appeared.

- Pinkie Pie sporting her rainbow cheerleading outfit was a bunch of laughs.

- Soarin' is so jolly and positive all the time. Must be AJ's pies. *wink wink* Or were they even pies? Celestia knows.

- MOAR RAINBOW POWAH? Wait, I'm not sure that's a good thing... Oh well, I guess I'll have to suck it up. It's happening.

- Soarin' totally has the hots for Rainbow Dash.

post-10736-0-27558600-1390078933_thumb.jpg

This is perfect. It just melts my heart.

Edited by Dashabel

Oh man - that episode was epic!

Bulk Biceps gets a real name, and has actual dialog, and plays a significant role in the story.

Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle as cheerleaders.

Derpy shows up in the foreground, and is also part of the story!

Edited by Shawn Parks