Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

thoughts before watching MLP:FIM

Gravelord Neat-O

so what did you think about My Little Pony before even watching it? Did you ever think you were going to become a fan of it? i thought it was really weird that a lot of people liked My Little Pony, and also sort of creeped out. so what were your thoughts or opinions about the show?

• Brohoof 1

I thought really awful things. I compared it to guys watching every other kids show. Heck, I thought up a scenario (Comedy skit) where I took my (at the time) best friend to court for being a brony. Lol. Boy was I stupid. I learned to not judge a show, or the people that watch it, without watching it myself. I rethought about bronies at the beginning of this month, and so it began...

It sure did take Courage and Audacity in order to watch the show, (even alone) but I did it, and now I'm hooked.

Edited by Judgement

Well when I heard about it back in 2011, I thought it was just a giant internet inside joke like how my 5th grade class would reference a 

nick Jr show called Wonder Pets. So I thought people would watch a couple episodes just to make fun of them. I never thought people actually liked them. So when I heard people praise the show I'm just thinking "What the heck, I remember hating that when I was little." So yeah with my past experience with the franchise, I never thought I'd actually enjoy it.

I didn't even know it existed until a month before I watched it.

10 seconds before I watched ep 1 : why am I doing this?

5 minutes into ep. 1 : Brain Bleach?

10 minutes into ep. 1: can't... Stop.... WATCHING!!!!!

Uhhh basically my intial reaction of my friend's description of bronies and that guys were now starting to like a show called My Little Pony which was a show obviously for little girls...

img-2213267-1-cheerilee___pokerface_by_c

What in the hell??? How does a guy / adult guy start liking a little girls show DAFUQ!?!?

So at first I thought it was unbelievably creepy and really really strange  until I was really bored as buck and decided to watch an episode for the lulz right and then I was like....

img-2213267-2-cheerileerturntable.gif

Dood like this show is so freaking awesome like how in the heck did I enjoy this awesomeness with awesomesauce on my face???

(That pic is so friggin adorable going on my profile :3)

Edited by Ticking Timebomb
  • Brohoof 2

Well, Personally i dont hate any fandom except those we know are wrong from inception but whatever.

To me its not really that weird for a grown adult to like a show mostly oriented at little girls, but that comes from being a fan of anime were sailor moom/card captors/Magical Girl Nanoha etc etc, so to me its not the weird however i grew on the 80's/90's so yeah it was a bit strange for me to actually watch MLP the first time, but that was mostly the transformer/gijoe in me  :lol:

But then i watched the show mostly for the story/slice if life/adventure of it, and the music was sssssssooooooo good, that was the first thing i fall in love whit the show, after that it was the creativity of the fans, i guess since Smile HD was my first contact whit MLP was the final push that lead me watch the show  :yay:

I was wondering why all these ponies were so popular on the internet because they kept appearing everywhere I then decided to watch the first episode out of curiosity and I wasn't disappointed.  

I thought bronies were weirdos when I first heard about them, so I just ignored it for a while.

Took a death battle between Rainbow Dash and Starscream from Transformers to convince me otherwise.

One to my friends on this other forum liked it and I was all like 'Woah, why the hell is this so popular? Well... the second season is airing in a month... oh what the heck'.

Before this show existed? Well I knew about the franchise but didn't think about it one way or the other really.

After g4 started? A lot of people from another forum I frequent started getting into it, and they're pretty intelligent guys who I've known online for some time. So I figured there must be something to this. I figured that it had an appeal similar to Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Lab, or Spongebob in that it was written for both kids and adults. And I was right.

I assumed bronys were probably nerds or something but found it interesting that people were into it this MLP show, but hadn't ever deeply thought about it to form much of an opinion at the time

Edited by Asherdangerdash

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I thought it was an adult-parody thing or something like that. Then I realized it was a reboot of the official My little pony and I was confused. I then thought it may have been one of those 'so bad it's good' type things, but when I found out that wasn't the case curiosity overpowered me and I decided to check out the first episode. Then the other, then the other, and the other...

I was waiting for the next episode of Walking Dead season 4 when I talked to my friend who was a hardcore brony. I later decided to watch the first two episodes before school on Netflix to see what the fuss is about, I've never watched Walking Dead since.

I was waiting for the next episode of Walking Dead season 4 when I talked to my friend who was a hardcore brony. I later decided to watch the first two episodes before school on Netflix to see what the fuss is about, I've never watched Walking Dead since.

At first, the idea of Guys liking My little Pony creeped me out a little. I realized there must be a reason why people who aren't young girls liked it and so I tried it out.

Edited by Vixxen