Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a Death Note, would you use it?

Sugar Pea

I'd destroy it before I could get the chance to do something I would regret. As much as I'd like to speed up our progress as a species, I wouldn't allow myself to become a tyrant to achieve those ends. However, there is but one name I would write down first with the best of intentions...

Well I would use it with at least a hold on my humanity... but I would use such endless creative ways to murder someone if I was a batshit insane person (I promise Im not usually this murderous :o  but the Death Note gets me)

I would use it. But lets hope I never get it in my hands. I would find creative ways to kill people, and it wouldnt happen a lot so I can stay hidden. But since im figuring out a way to get in the cia...a lot of people would be screwed.

Your trying to get in the CIA too? :3

Edited by Stary Dreams

I have had that very thought in my mind for many years now. Half of my mind says yes, yes use it on every single person who has hurt me in the past, while the other, more sensible half says, while i would not be directly involved, i would still be indirectly involved with their deaths, and thus would have a guilty conscience. Besides, I am a Celtic Wiccan, I follow the rede "and you harm none, do what you will" and "the rule of three, what you do comes back to you threefold", so they will get what's coming to them, just not by my hands.

Hmm...I would say no 99.9% of the time.  The only exception I could think of would be somebody like Osama bin Laden (because his legacy is unsustainable), but now that he's dead, I can't think of anyone whose immediate death would be worth it.  I mean, shit...I place plenty of value on my own life, so cutting it in half would require a great deal of benefit.  And this is coming from somebody whose entire purpose in life is to serve as a hunter/killer of formidable, threatening people.

Well I would use it with at least a hold on my humanity... but I would use such endless creative ways to murder someone if I was a batshit insane person (I promise Im not usually this murderous :o but the Death Note gets me)

Your trying to get in the CIA too? :3

Heck yeah, theres even an internship going on.

No, and the fact that there are some people who are so eager to use it disturbs me greatly. 

For one thing, what if you get the wrong guy?  Unless *maybe* you have access to DNA evidence (and most of us don't, we don't work for the cops) you can never be sure that the guy you're offing is the one who actually did it. 

There's a reason why there is a judiciary system in place in the US the way it is.  The fact that the accused has a right to state their case, present evidence, and provide witnesses or others to their defense is one of the great things about the US justice system.

There is, however, another country that doesn't provide those protections, that executes people without a fair trial.  It's called North Korea.

No, and the fact that there are some people who are so eager to use it disturbs me greatly. 

For one thing, what if you get the wrong guy? 

The deathnote requires the user to know the victim's face when he writes down the victim's name. (I'm assuming you haven't seen Deathnote the movie or the anime?)

Edited by SwigglySwiggly

There are some people who I do believe the world would be better off without, yes, but I'm not fit to make the final decision of who lives and who dies. I also don't have enough faith in my ability to resist the temptation to misuse it as time goes on. All things considered, the world would be much better off if I just flat out torched the thing. The chance of it falling into the wrong hands outweighs any benefit the death of a a few abominations would bring.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

If I murdered a criminal using a death note, I would become the same person that the criminal I killed was

Nah if he killed someone in cold blood he deserves the same.

I'd use it but only when I really needed to, like when the McDonalds staff get my order wrong. Justice!

Well isn't one of the rules if you use it once you cannot stop using it?

that puts a lot more pressure on you knowing that if you use it even once you would have to use it again.

there's a few people I dislike I'd be lying if I said I didn't want some of them to die in a fire literally but I wouldn't use the death note knowing I'd have to continue after using it once

That was actually a fake rule created in order to trick N, one of the people hunting down the main character.

The deathnote requires the user to know the victim's face when he writes down the victim's name. (I'm assuming you haven't seen Deathnote the movie or the anime?)

I have seen it. My question is, even if you know the name and face, how do you know for sure that this individual is actually guilty?

By the way, Death Note is a stupidly entertaining series that people take way too seriously.

Edited by hawkflame

In my eyes, killing another is wrong no matter what.

If I were to have one and use it, the only way I would ever use it is on myself. Assuming that's even possible, I don't know that the anime/manga ever went over the concept of suicide. But if it worked it really would be the ultimate tool for suicide, because by default it gives the person written a heart attack, which would completely cover up the fact that it was a suicide, because heart attacks are natural, not suicidal.

Although, of course, I'd probably look into a less painful, but just as natural way. One that would be set at a time where I could properly hide the Death Note away so nobody else could find it and use it for evil.

That's too perfect... Why do you tease me with these ideas? =(

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

No, I wouldn't use it because I would not trust myself with that kind of power. Nobody should ever have that kind of power, nothing good could possibly come of it.