Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a Death Note, would you use it?

Sugar Pea

I probably wouldn't trust myself with it, and go on an epic journey across Middle Earth to throw it in the fires of Mount Doom. Seriously, though. If someone else were to get their hands on it, god knows what would happen.

Probably not. Not only would I fear getting caught, but I think eventually I'd start to feel bad and even regret using it. At the moment, I don't really dislike anyone enough to wish death upon them. I think I'd just end up hiding the Death Note in a place where nobody else would find it.

I'd probably save it just in case it comes to a point where I need to write my own name in it.

God, every time I run in to threads like this it's always the same morbid response. Ain't I a bucket of sunshine.

Absolutely not, I would destroy it.

Can't be destroyed? Bullshit! I'd climb Mt. Doom all the way in New Zealand and cast it into the fire if I had to!

Has to be given to someone? Fine, I'd bequeath it to my father. Not because he's the most just and moral man I know, which he is, but precisely because he would not use it. He's a doctor who swore upon the Hippocratic Oath.

"But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God."

My father would never kill a person in judgment.

The anime itself is evidence enough that this power has no good use. I don't care how you word it in that unholy tome. Write the death as much of an accident as you wish, as much as it seems justice was done. No matter what, any life taken by the Death Note that was penned by a mortal is murder.

Absolutely not, I would destroy it.

Can't be destroyed? Bullshit! I'd climb Mt. Doom all the way in New Zealand and cast it into the fire if I had to!

Has to be given to someone? Fine, I'd bequeath it to my father. Not because he's the most just and moral man I know, which he is, but precisely because he would not use it. He's a doctor who swore upon the Hippocratic Oath.

"But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God."

My father would never kill a person in judgment.

The anime itself is evidence enough that this power has no good use. I don't care how you word it in that unholy tome. Write the death as much of an accident as you wish, as much as it seems justice was done. No matter what, any life taken by the Death Note that was penned by a mortal is murder.

Damn dude.

You are really serious about this :P

Me, I would want to use it but would be too scared. I don't want to get into Light's position.

Damn dude.

You are really serious about this :P

Me, I would want to use it but would be too scared. I don't want to get into Light's position.

Well it's a serious question. It's asking us if we had the tool of Divine justice (or just dumb luck circumstance as death tragically can be) thrown into our hands.

(Skip to 1:06 )

• Brohoof 3

Hmm...honestly, I probably would, which is kind of scary.  I would never consider killing someone under normal, real life circumstances, but if I had some godly power like this, I would probably use it, because there's a lot of people in this world that don't deserve to live.  I'd probably go all Boondock Saint.  But it's a good thing that power like this doesn't exist, because, over time, I'd probably slowly grow into a villain who believes he's doing good, but doesn't see his own evil.  I would vow to only use it on the worst of the worst people, and never cross into the grey area, but that's just it--that's not really possibly, and that way of thinking is flawed.  You can't make a black and white rule and expect it to always work.  So I'd probably end up bending my own rules until I eventually became some kind of Final Fantasy-esque monster villain who believes the only way to save humanity is to exterminate it entirely.  So, good thing Death Notes don't exist.

• Brohoof 1

I´d totally get rid of some fuckers that i don´t like.Even though i don´t really know anyone like that at the moment.

But i´d probably feel really guilty afterwards. Or not. Would probably depend on the person.

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably burn it.  I'd never be able to stop thinking about it.  Maybe.

Also, I'd be afraid that I'd either kill people by accident, go on a killing rampage, or accidentally kill myself.

Edited by Wyzecat
  • Brohoof 2

I think I wouldn't use it.

I don't care about criminals, I won't throw my life away to please some random death gods.

I'd better get rid of it before the idea of giving it to someone and see how it goes comes to my mind.

Take away the princesshood from twilight sparkle. She's getting to ahead of the show and every other pony. She needs a nerf.

That's not how the thing works. It can't just do anything that's penned in it and it only affects real people. You write someone's name, a time, and how it's done, and that person will die in the way and time that you wrote it.

EX: "Evelyn Buttler at 9:00 pm in the dining room with the candlestick." The next day people will find her sprawled on the floor with the candlestick in her throat.

Plus I disagree with that opinion entirely.

Edited by Steel Accord

Not really, even on ruthless criminals. If I murdered a criminal using a death note, I would become the same person that the criminal I killed was and just become corrupt with power. Sounds cool though. :P

I agree, you spoked the words I would before I even thought them, Great said!

if i had the death note... that is a scary thought b-cause if i had the death note....

i will go with the safe answer: Do what Light Yagami done, clean the world of its scumbags and crooked peps, make the world pure

It would completely ruin my mental state, but it would be the right thing to do. I would write the names of all the terrorists in the world that we know of, then burn the book.

• Brohoof 1