Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Does MLP Work?

Nothing392

So I was thinking of ponies today (I dont do much else) when I thought, why do I like this show so much? I mean I know it's a good show, and I know all the reasons for why it's good. But I was wondering why I, and so many others in the Brony community obsess over it so much. There are so many other good shows I like to watch, but I don't follow them the way I follow MLP. Just the fact that I go on this forum site partially proves my point that I have an obsession for the show. So I was wondering if any of you could give your thoughts on why MLP sucks people in to a greater degree than anything else I know of. I personally can't come up with any reason.

I'd say a lot of it can be thanks to the writers for giving us such interesting episodes.

Not to mention Lauren Faust and numerous other for setting up the characters and settings for which these stories can be told.

• Brohoof 1

So I was thinking of ponies today (I dont do much else) when I thought, why do I like this show so much? I mean I know it's a good show, and I know all the reasons for why it's good. But I was wondering why I, and so many others in the Brony community obsess over it so much. There are so many other good shows I like to watch, but I don't follow them the way I follow MLP. Just the fact that I go on this forum site partially proves my point that I have an obsession for the show. So I was wondering if any of you could give your thoughts on why MLP sucks people in to a greater degree than anything else I know of. I personally can't come up with any reason.

The answer is simple, my friend. Don't ask yourself why people like it, ask yourself what's not to like about it.

• Brohoof 4

It offers people an escape from the stresses of their current life.

At least that's why I watch the show

Same. The story of how I became a brony had that in the details.

I think it is because we can express our appreciation of something so far outside of what is considered normal for most of our age groups. Its the hipster in all of us :lol:

The best reason I can think of why people obsess over MLP: FiM(including myself) is that it's a good show in a way that many people have never expected or seen before, so we look for ways to experience the feelings the show gives us wherever we can, whether it be on the internet, our thoughts, our creations, and of course the show itself.

bronyism is not an obsession, it is a way to express your interests in life, and show people, hey, this is me, enough of this stereotype nonsense, we live in an era of common sense, lets show we have common sense.

Anyways times change, but people don't want to change with the times, stick to "traditions", which have become nothing but obsolete practices nobody does anymore.

bronyism is not an obsession, it is a way to express your interests in life, and show people, hey, this is me, enough of this stereotype nonsense, we live in an era of common sense, lets show we have common sense.

Anyways times change, but people don't want to change with the times, stick to "traditions", which have become nothing but obsolete practices nobody does anymore.

I agree with Darkshadow. To be a brony is to express who you are, and perhaps this can make a person focus on the show. Though I would not call it an obsession.
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with Darkshadow. To be a brony is to express who you are, and perhaps this can make a person focus on the show. Though I would not call it an obsession.

I didn't call it an obsession, read the first line please. ;)

Sorry if I wasn't making myself clear. I wasn't disagreeing with you. Sorry for that.

Sorry if I wasn't making myself clear. I wasn't disagreeing with you. Sorry for that.

It's okay! :D

• Brohoof 1

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic works much like how Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, The Powerpuff Girls, and Courage The Cowardly Dog worked.

It's a fun series, with fun characters, a fun premise, great writing, and fantastic animation. Honestly, the show would have more fans if it wasn't based on something marketed towards girls. But if you look past that, like all of us do, you find that it is just truly a fun show worth every minute.

(edited)

The best reason I can think of why people obsess over MLP: FiM(including myself) is that it's a good show in a way that many people have never expected or seen before, so we look for ways to experience the feelings the show gives us wherever we can, whether it be on the internet, our thoughts, our creations, and of course the show itself.

I think it is because we can express our appreciation of something so far outside of what is considered normal for most of our age groups. Its the hipster in all of us :lol:

I will agree with you three on the reason of its difference. MLP is definetaly outstepping normal bounds of television shows, and going against gender and age roles. Thinking about it now I realize this is probably the reason for its impact. Edited by matau
  • Brohoof 2

It offers people an escape from the stresses of their current life.

At least that's why I watch the show

I think this is the biggest reason for me as well. It's certainly on a different level than any other cartoon I've seen and genuinely provides an entertaining story through pure morals and great characterization.
  • Brohoof 1