Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The next villain.....Twilight Sparkle

TheMarkz0ne

You want to know what I think would be a cool turn of events?

If Twilight was sent into the stars in result of this! :D
Like Nightmare Moon or something. Think about it, in a way, Twilight and Cadence are like Celestia and Luna, but not blood related. What if one of them became corrupted, and Cadence was forced to send her somewhere! Kyah, sounds so twisty!

^ Sorry, probably really irrelevant to the topic, but my gosh that would be one intense episode!

• Brohoof 1

That is a good point, there's always some point in a story that the protagonist could fall from grace by something like a lust for power and allows his/her mind to be twisted into something that they have sworn themselves to from the moment they make their vows.

If we have one of the Mane 6, specifically Twilight as you pointed out or any of the other ponies that have close ties to them being the next antagonist, it could really drive the show at a more different and more demanding direction that could have us at the edge of our seats

I believe you're confusing 'Villain' with 'Antagonist'.

Let's look at the definition of villain:

"A character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot."

While I think it's certainly possible that one of the mane six might do something that causes the problem that must be solved, I doubt they would have evil motives or actions. Since by being an element of harmony, it's not possible for them to be evil unless they, say, are manipulated (Like Discord did on their first encounter). But if they're manipulated, they're not the villain or the Antagonist, the one who manipulated them is.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Just put some stress on her.

Then make her do something horrible.

Then she would paniac.

Then she would become evil because she thinks she is evil.

Twilight brain appears un-breakable but in reality it is the most flimsy when her self is questioned.

Like Pinkies is when things relate to her bonds with friends.

Twilight rely's so much on her knowledge that when her emotions are shown she doesn't know what to do like some knowledge dominated people.  

If there is any way I would want King Sombra to return it would be as a corrupting influence, much in the same way as the alicorn amulet was to Trixie, a shadow that continuously hovers around Twilight and whispers in her ear, every word filled with a dark enchantment that is designed to slowly enthrall the one who hears it.

Hmmm lets just say that something went wrong with the tree of harmony and it was turning into a tree with dark magic and when twilight goes to the tree alone to investigate the tree blasts her with a beam of light... then BOOM evil twilight! She takes the thrones, rules equestria with discord beside her. Her friends used as slaves.... Man that would make an awesome movie XD

It would surely be great if one of the mane characters from the show would go bad. For at max 1 or 2 episodes though. Just how awesome would it be to see Twi go all bad XD

After finding all the keys, the box from the Harmony Tree opens and reveals an evil spirit that possesses Twilight. Then, for the two-part season 4 finale and the two-part season 5 opener, the mane five have to turn their friend good again by using the knowledge of friendship they've acquired all this time. They fight Evil!Twilight and ultimately turn her good with one of those rainbow attacks, and she cries and apologizes. Her friends of course forgive her because Twilight couldn't help it and they all hug. Ta-daaa.

I have a comic theory about how Twilight can become villain. 

Twilight will outlive her friends, and when she'll ask Celestia to revive them, Celestia will refuses to do it. Deep resentment will dwell in Twilight's heart. She'll tries to revive her friends independently, but Celestia will obstruct to Twilight. Twilight will view this as yet another betrayal, and swears to revenge. Twilight will open the gates of Tartarus, and will make an alliance with the Titans. Together they will go to war against Celestia and Luna. Then epic action begins...  :)

Edited by zev_zev

That would be like.. an idea more for a movie than a episode.

See, if they were going to make Twilight a villain in which my opinion would be pretty badass and awesome to have such thing happen, I think she should be corrupted by Dark Magic in which you see some of the fan fictions on fimfiction have her as a villain corrupted by DM. One of my stories is about her getting possessed by King Sombra and eventually her body get's taken over.. but I cancelled that story.

Back to topic. Like I said, if they are going to do this which they should... it should be a movie than an episode. There would be alot more time space to work with.. and It needs to be at least 2 hours long and not just a regular 1 hr 10m typical movie.

Other than that, I'd love to see her as a villain in the show, but again, as a movie.

That's my input.

I think that the most likely way is that she goes insane, and with her elevated position of power she deals a lot of damage. She ends up disappointing Celestia and her friends more than she ever has in the past, she gets scared, lonely, starts doubting herself, and those dark feelings cause the nightmare spirits to come in for the 3rd time. As a result, Nightmare Twilight (or Anti Discord) would be born, awakening the vast amount of magical powers she hasn't even began to tap yet causing her to surpass even Celestia and Luna in power.

Without the elements of harmony (since they gave those up already), it's up to the Mane 5 to use the lessons that they learned over season and the items that represent those lessons (The rainbow silk and qualification ribbon) to open the box of harmony and destroy the nightmare spirits forever.

Also, I will squee if this is the design that Hasbro would use for NMT

nightmare_twilight_sparkle_by_dragnmastr

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
(edited)

Everyone thinks that Twilight shall become the next ruler of Equestria, but wait! Allow me subvert your expectations! She becomes the true Spirit of Harmony! Makes you wanna praise the Ruinous Powers, doesn't she.

71c91cb80e08bb35f77ed06a821b6392.thumb.png.47be9738e999566132fa086fb3c2fca6.png

Edited by Goat-kun
Beyond your comprehension

On 1/19/2014 at 10:49 AM, Querch said:

I really don't see her becoming corrupted by anything other than magic.

I completely agree with this, and I think it would be the most realistic yet interesting way for Twilight to go bad...she would just be destroyed by the awesomeness of her own power to the point where she would overwhelm herself and snap.

25 minutes ago, The MegaBrony said:

A tech-based villain mechanizes Twilight and programs her to attack Trixie and Starlight.

I would never do this, nor am I a villain. Still, interesting proposition 🤔

Overall I don't see this happening. It's good fuel for fan fiction though 

• 1 month later...

I have a theory that Twilight Sparkle will become corrupted in the season nine finale. I would love to see her friends having to fight against her and bring her back to her senses. Twilight Sparkle would be one powerful villain.

(edited)

Eh, what the point of doing it now at the end of season 9?

Evil Twilight already happened. Midnight Sparkle, but she quickly defeated before she could destroy the world.

I would have really liked if the show started out in the far future with battle-hardened Twilight doing borderline psychotic things in the name of harmony.

Edited by R.D.Dash

There are very small hints in season 9 of twilight being evil on the crown... but it's most likely the animators and voice actors having fun. Something like the villains team up with the main six to beat grogar and twilight is possible.