Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was it easy for you guys to make friends on the forums?

TheCountryArtist

I found it really easy, I don't really know why... In reality I get scared when introducing myself and I was very fortunate in college to make friends with a guy who introduced me to all his friends, so the hard part was done... But yeah... I've had no issues... Generally I have quite a lot of good friends here

I'm finding it to be difficult, as I mostly just comment on stuff and then move on.

I used to message people if they added me but I decided to see if they would do it for me and they don't. The people on my friend list don't talk to me at all but that's okay, I'm here for forums mostly. 

Edit: I must also add that it's hard for me to consider somebody a friend. I only consider one person on here a friend and that's because I know him irl and went to school with him. Nothing personal, though.

Edited by Sapphire-Ashes

Since I love being a part of the RP section I just jumped into the games there and made friends with the people I'm playing with otherwise it's been kinda slow but I figure that is because I'm mostly busy writing scenes with a small group and not on all the other forum topics. I'm trying to fix this a bit more lately :) so I'll have to see who I meet and what friends I make outside of the RPs

I haven't engaged in legitimate conversation with potential friends, but I like to think that I've at least left a good impression on the fellow bronies around here.

I'm bubbly and playful, but I'm also incredibly awkward, so I'm terrible at approaching people out of fear that I'll make myself look stupid or something of the like.

Believe me, there are many people I'd love to talk to here that I just don't have it in me too. I have a few people I consider friends, such as Sweet Dreams and Sir Flutterhooves, but really, they're only friends by that they sent me friend requests. I haven't had full conversations with any of them.

So, yes and no. Don't know how to explain it better than that.

Not really, I currently have made two friends in the year I've been here. I tried getting into conversations, but it just doesn't work out. Whether on steam, Skype, or just messaging here on the forums, the conversations I try to start seem to become one-sided really quickly, even when I try to start a new one. It's not like I feel ignored or left out, I don't really care, but just an occasional "hello" would be nice.

Which is exactly the reason why I don't want anyone to just add me to their friends list, because pretty much every single time, I'm just another number to them, not an actual "friend". My definition of friend is someone I occasionally talk to, someone I enjoy being with. Frankly, randomly adding me for no reason at all isn't what a friend is, especially if they never talk to me. Don't add me and never say anything to me, that's extremely awkward and it makes me feel really, really uncomfortable. I mean, what do people even want from me when they never say a word? *sigh*

.. Which reminds me, I should start cleaning out my friends list again.

I'm a terrible friend in general.  I don't mean to be, and I am extremely loyal... I just have a habit of disappearing without notifying anyone, and showing up months later.  The thing is, time doesn't change things for me.  I either care, or I don't.  Once I do, it isn't something that is ephemeral. 

This consequently makes me terrible at making friends.

Edited by Dark Dawn

• 4 years later...

I'm pretty chill with anyone here really, so it's not a problem for me.

Edited by TBD

In the beginning, sure. But I have been less and less active really and I am not that much interested in this site or anything it has to offer anymore. I still can give enough advice to others on where they might begin in their quest of seeking a friend. 

I'm not a closed and locked door though~

4903fc9388faa8af71cec08408ed707b65258921

Just a bit looney

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...