Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes you intelligent?

Codelyy

Like if you know this certian Subject does it make you more intelligent then know an other subject if that makes sense

So lets say i'm really good at math but my friends really good at english, Would i be more intelligent because i know lots of math or would he be more intelligent because he knows lots of english

I think knowing a lot about science will make you more intelligent  :P

And also what subject do you think makes you more intelligent?

or what subject makes you feel more intelligent?

Edited by Codelyoko373

Like if you know this certian Subject does it make you more intelligent then know an other subject if that makes sense

So lets say i'm really good at math but my friends really good at english, Would i be more intelligent because i know lots of math or would he be more intelligent because he knows lots of english

Both are just as intelligent, just intelligent at doing different things because we're all different 

• Brohoof 1

History makes me feel intelligent. Learning from your mistakes, learning about the world, and knowing what you should do along with the things that you shouldn't do. There you have it.

Intelligence is usually measured by a persons ability to see logical connections. Doesn't matter which subject it is.

But there's a lot more to intelligence than that.

• Brohoof 4

I think intelligence is not neccasarily in the amount of information, but on your ability to take a real life situation and apply those concepts to come up with a solution, that is why Physics makes me feel intelligent and is my absolute favoritest class in the world.  

• Brohoof 1

Wow, posts move fast on this site.

Alright, on topic;

Like the top have mentioned, intelligence isn't really measured on what you know. It's more length to what you do with what you know and can procreate with it.

You could have the best education in the country yet not reach intellectual levels that benefit to others and yourself.

How much you know is what is considered your potential. The more you learn the more you're likely to create capabilities for yourself as well for the others.

But to say what makes me intelligent is other people. I find main subjects to have a limited matter to my use but the ability to learn and absorb from people is probably my strongest subject.

Edited by Leonage

History. It's always been my best class, and It's always been my favorite. My love of history is probably one of the reasons I love Sid Meier's Civilization games so much.

Anyways, history is important. Those who don't know it are doomed to repeat it, after all.

being me

Well, being intelligent and knowledgeable are two very different things. Being knowledgeable means that you are very, very well versed in one subject, ex. History / Algebra / Tech / etc. Being intelligent is really based up on your creativity, logic, maturity, etc. Mostly creativity, as if you're creative you are normally very intelligent.

Well, I'm surprisingly good at math. I also have a very wide vocabulary. I usually stump people whenever I speak to them honestly XD

But, honestly, intelligence isn't measured by a single subject. It's really measured by a massive number of subjects and how much you know about life itself. I once read a book called "Flowers For Algernon." The main character, Charlie Gordon, thought that being able to read and write would make him smart. Turns out, he was wrong, as he found out there was much more to being intelligent than that.

Edited by Geek0zoid Steven

Intelligence is a kinda loose term, but really both you and your friend are intelligent, its just intelligent in different fields.

There isn't really one field that makes you intelligent, you may just be intelligent when it comes to a particular thing.

Typically people just consider others intelligent based on if they made high grades in school or not, but even that isn't a fully accurate indicator.

What makes me intelligent?

The fact that I know others are smarter then me.

But I'm the one that calls them friend.

We all know somethings that others do not, if we share that information. Our knowledge will grow as one.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

What makes me smart is that I’m willing to expend my knowledge and understanding  spectrum whether if it’s something I agree on or not. You can never be smart on one thing because you always learn new and challenging things everyday.

I guess that would be my growing knowledge in the medical field with animals as well as my knowledge of old trucks...maybe? I have a lot of hands on experience working on second gen Dodge trucks so I'll just count that haha. 

I guess I can be pretty intelligent depending on the situation...otherwise I'm just a ditzy doo for the most part.