Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes you intelligent?

Codelyy

Can I respond to this? xD 14 year old me is basically a different person to 21 year old me.

I think it's hard to answer "my own question" cause there are different forms of intelligence, plus being knowledgeable about a subject doesn't exactly make you intelligent automatically. Intelligence is based on a lot of different things which while can include knowledge, includes stuff like maturity, common sense, creativity, etc

I remember writing this back when I was kinda obsessed with the idea of seeming intelligent. I used to think becoming a programmer was a good way to make myself seem intelligent but even though I'm a full-time games programmer now, I learnt that it really doesn't.

Being better versed in one subject over another doesn't equate to higher intelligence. It's just a more expansive knowledge in one area. Intelligence should be measured in how well someone processes knowledge overall rather than how good they are at any one thing. Savants can be geniuses at one thing and nothing else but that doesn't necessarily gain them recognition as particularly intelligent. Intelligence, knowledge and skill are different matters altogether.