Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Funny Childhood Misconceptions

SanityNotIncluded

Not sure if this would be better suited to the forum lounge, but in any case the idea of this thread is simple: Share amusing misconceptions you had about the world as a little kid.

As for myself, I believed that if a country didn't have the death penalty, it meant that they had to send criminals to foreign countries to be executed. At one point, I also believed that getting a dog to sit was a form of magic trick.

What about you guys?

When I was young, I thought I could be whatever I want. I don't have as much skill as I do dedication to be what I want.

Ti's why I'm such an ass to my younger brothers; I don't want them to be as naive as I still am..

i though eating bacon gives you parasitic worms 

i though earth and the sun were the only planets in existance (Dam christians beliefs :V)

i though digging through earth leads to china

i though the internet didn't existed and it was just from a sci fi movie.

• Brohoof 1

I thought people who worked night shifts were actually nocturnes who slept during the day

I thought people who did magic tricks actually did have magic powers

I thought if a flood happened, it would be so high that it would be like a giant neighborhood swimming pool

I used to think condoms were 'limb stretchers' and socks.

I used to think that a toy dog with cheap disney makeup could attract and mate with a dog.

I used to think that "fart juice" was when the smell got into a jar and turned from gas to liquid.

Weird...

Edited by Nails
  • Brohoof 1