Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help for Bronycon 2014

RainbowCottoncandy

Hello everyone! Im a relatively new Brony- I followed Bronycon 2013 from my home all the way in Mexico and here there are not many bronies here so I've been trying to raise money to make it it to Bronycon 2014. I would really appretiate if anyone who has gone to Bronycon from abroad could help me create a budget for this trip- I have from the top of my head the round trip from Mexico to Baltimore. But i assume food, hotels etc. will be part of the expense. Maybe could also share a room with any fellow brony or something? (I dont snore I swear :)) I dunno if anyone could help me this would also be my first time traveling to a completely foreign city alone and im 17 years old and i'd sure appretiate if anyone could help me plan for this. o:

Despite how close I live, at this age to do not yet have a steady income, I referee football(soccer) in the fall and spring, and such is good money, but there is not a fixed income, it varies greatly.

Due to such I have decided to save and hopefully go next year,as I will also be old enough to rent a room by myself. (Only 17 here, legal age is 18).

I wish you luck none the less.

I think finding a job that you would be good at could help, and make sure to save enough money. So you can buy if you choose to do so merchandise, food, and tickets for transportation. Just a tip, good luck to you! :)

There are other Conventions if you can't make it to BronyCon. There's BABSCon in San Francisco this year. Tara Strong and Nicole Oliver will be there among others. No matter where you go, it will be expensive. The hotel costs, food cost, taxi costs will vary. I would have up to $500 for spending money. I haven't made my plans yet and I am likely safe for a while to not plan anything. I don't know if I will go alone like last time or find one or more friends to try and make arrangements but if I do, I would try to find friends I know personally first.

That's one thing for me- im just trying to be active in the forums as much as I can and make friends and see who is going to what and maybe like I said, share a room for hotel and other expenses such as taxis and whatnot. It would be mutual help for me as a first timer and would sure enjoy that kind of experience. You know extra friendship building and whatnot. But yea im assuming 1500$ would be like my spending fiesta. Also if anyone has any tips on these kidns of events seing that it's not my only time in the USA but also my first convention. (I am also canadian and i've been in Canada multiple times but never been to United States)

I agree with previous posters, You should try for something closer to you. BABBScon is gonna be pretty great, from the buzz in the staff scene. Also, If you want to save a lil money, you could always staff. It saves you money on tickets, at least, and it's fun...sort of...