Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If every post on this website was broadcasted on live tv...would you still post?

jackleapp81

79 users have voted

1. 1. If your forum posts were broadcasted to a live television show, would you still post?

• Yes, I want recognition!
    • No, I don't want the attention.
    • I would, but I wouldn't do it for the attention, I just like the community here.

Well, for me, it wouldn't change anything. I mean... if I post this, there is a bunch of forumers who are going to see it. So if it's broadcasted on tv, it wouldn't change anything.

I just wonder what kind of people would watch this show lol.

I'd still post - namely for three reasons

1. Obviously, I like this site

2. People wouldn't necessarily link this account to my identity

3. I haven't really posted anything embarrassing anyway - especially compared to some other posts that I've seen here

If there was a difference with the anonymity of the site being taken away then I would have to think about this more. But since no one really knows who torrent505 is I really don't care what the world thinks. Now if my name was on every post I might have to rethink that because a surprising amount of people think RP is weird (which I love) but most likely it wouldn't stop me because I mean who would I know that would watch a channel like that anyways.

I would, and everyone would know of that one person who loves Luna. 

I really don't care if it's on TV.

I'd still post even if it was broadcasted. I might become a bit more apprehensive about posting and checking to make sure my posts are grammatically correct and such and but I wouldn't stop outright. At the rate people post here, anything I post would probably get buried anyway. 

• Brohoof 1

Of course I'd still post.

I mean, how many people would actually watch a show about what people are talking about on a brony forum?

You'd be surprised. 

Tosh.0? Rob Dyrdek's "Ridiculousness" on MTV? Thoes shows are barely worth the time it takes to type their names on a keyboard. The videos aren't particularly funny, and neither is the commentary. But people still watch it, because why not? 

Have you seen the pony thread simulators on Youtube? They seem to get a good amount of views. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if somebody did make a tv show out of internet posts. They probably wouldn't use a brony forum for the first show of its kind, but I can definitely see a greedy young entrepreneur exploiting internet posts on Facebook or Reddit because of how easy it would be to make and produce for the masses.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

HI MOM!  :lol:

But no, that'd change nothing. As long as I'm still hiding my face behind Science Twily, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. Yay, anonymity!  :P

If that didn't work, I'd probably limit postings a bit and avoid certain places, but still, not really a deterrent.

• 1 month later...

Yes

I don't say anything online that I wouldn't say in person

or at least, generally

some things I don't usually say in person because it requires long explanations that annoy me 

I would keep posting on this site and could care less about recognition. Im accustom to it anyway since II give actual reviews on Halo. 

I was watching the Hunger Games, and I thought of this idea...

What if there was a tv channel that existed solely for the purpose of documenting every post on this forum?

Would you still be on this website? Would the prospect of potential fame and notoriety make you want to post even more? Assuming that the show had a lot of viewers.

wow that would be a sad day indeed when watching this on tv became our entertainmeant, jk, but seriously, id still post, why not after all, its a bunch of random people who you dont know reading the posts