Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about custom plushies?

Simon

heh this reminded me.

Anyone here know about the Pinkie Pie BaB original run? It was very limited and sold out in no time, people were paying $200+ on ebay for it!

Being as popular as it was IMO made it obvious they were gonna bring her back (especially when they began releasing the newer ones) but yeah.. Quick cash grab for many is of no doubt to me (not saying some don't deserve it though).

Even things from comic con that are "exclusive" will end up on ebay for exceedingly high prices, and people of course pay for them...

Wait a week or two after comic-con and you can usually find these "exclusives" all over in online retailers for the stock price, or slightly over. 

I'm not a big fan of the BaB plushies as the real hair design is something that bugs me a lot. The only BaB one I have is spike and he is awesome. My Twilight and Pinkie Pie Plushies are from 4DE and I must say they have done an amazing job.

I think they're fucking adorable, and I'm thankful that people go out of their way to make them, because Hasbro sucks my dick. 

attachicon.gif20140130_193135.jpg

150 bucks, worth every penny. 

Who do I contact to get that!

I'm not a big fan of the BaB plushies as the real hair design is something that bugs me a lot. The only BaB one I have is spike and he is awesome. My Twilight and Pinkie Pie Plushies are from 4DE and I must say they have done an amazing job.

Who do I contact to get that!

You go find fabricninja on deviantart, and pray to the lord that he/she decides to make more.

The custom made ones are cool and all but they can be quite expensive, which sort of kills it for me. Then again they are better quality,

not to mention, mostly show accurate, and downright adorable. So I would go for the custom made ones, but if low on money then I 

would go and get the 4d ones.

As a maker of plashes I have two views, they take a decent amount of time, skill, practice, trial and error, and tools to make depending on the level you're making them. 

I can't see ever selling a custom plush for the price build a bear sells them at, just because the price to make them amounts to about as much as they sell them for not even touching the cost of embroidery machine, or hours to hand embroider. But if you look at the quality of most sellers compared to the ones you see at the store they look more realistic, more trust to character, you can get custom OC's that build a bear won't carry and you know that it's hand made. 

Although, I could also never see selling or buying one for 400 no matter how obscure the character is (unless it was 6 foot).  Yes they are art and artists need to be paid for their art, but sometimes there is just too much for a good thing.