Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Powderpuff

I already drew them as people, so now I figure the next stage of my obsession is to ponify them...

Anna and Elsa as ponies :)

post-13188-0-36761400-1390360099_thumb.png

I may color them later.

I initially didn't like making a new topic for every piece I do...but now I figure I do these infrequently enough for each drawing to have its own space :P

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 21

I dunno about the rest of you, but it's really weird for me to see Anna without her winter cloak, even in pony form.  Might I ask why you chose a tulip (I hope that's the right flower) for her cutie mark?

And wouldn't Elsa be a unicorn in some fashion, because magic was her whole deal?

• Brohoof 1

They both look so awesome~ :wub:  You really captured their facial expressions well ^^

I dunno about the rest of you, but it's really weird for me to see Anna without her winter cloak, even in pony form.  Might I ask why you chose a tulip (I hope that's the right flower) for her cutie mark?

And wouldn't Elsa be a unicorn in some fashion, because magic was her whole deal?

I'm curious about the cutie mark as well, actually. Also, what about being a pegasus, since her powers are related to weather?

(edited)

After several failed coloring attempts (I don't know why this one's kicking my ass so much) I've given up and just combined the two into one image. I'm still determined to color it, though...

post-13188-0-03212000-1390794071_thumb.jpg

Seessssh Powder you making

to watch the movie like for the 7th time

again just seeing em as ponies!

Haha, if only there was a version where they are ponies :'D

I got the Anna doll sitting on my desk, and one thing I noticed on her outfit is that the tulip is printed several times on it. The flower makes me think of spring/sunshine, which I feel is very Anna - how she craves love from others, like how a flower craves nourishment from the sun. My boyfriend also said that the tulip was actually considered super valuable in that part of the world at that time, but I'm not sure how true that is so don't put much stock in that. Generally though, I saw the tulip on her dress and thought it was fitting enough :P

I did consider making Elsa a unicorn, but for some reason I just like the dramatic look of her bangs too much and I feel like a horn right at the base of it would take away from the drama. Mostly though, I wanted them to be the same type of pony. It totally makes sense for her to be a unicorn (heck, I was even considering alicorn) but I just went with simple earth pony cause I liked the way it looked :)

They both look so awesome~ :wub:  You really captured their facial expressions well ^^

I'm curious about the cutie mark as well, actually. Also, what about being a pegasus, since her powers are related to weather?

I actually didn't think about her being just a pegasus, either! It would kinda make sense for her to be any of the ones I didn't make her, haha. 

Edited by Powderpuff

What an adorable drawing! I'm in love with it. You have to color it.

It also reminds me of this photo:

post-24134-0-24066600-1390794986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Creativity

• 2 weeks later...

Well i made a Elsa myself quickly on pony creator http://kerriecat.deviantart.com/art/Elsa-Frozen-pony-version-426160878?q=gallery%3AKerriecat%2F43525962&qo=10 

(sorry if the link don't work)  i see Elsa as a alicorn myself for one being a queen/princess second actually having a actual ability like Celestia owns the sun Luna owns the moon Cadence love and Twilight magic so it like likely for Elsa to be alicorn of ice but other than that amazing work :)

I did consider making Elsa a unicorn, but for some reason I just like the dramatic look of her bangs too much and I feel like a horn right at the base of it would take away from the drama. Mostly though, I wanted them to be the same type of pony. It totally makes sense for her to be a unicorn (heck, I was even considering alicorn) but I just went with simple earth pony cause I liked the way it looked :)

I actually didn't think about her being just a pegasus, either! It would kinda make sense for her to be any of the ones I didn't make her, haha.

After several failed coloring attempts (I don't know why this one's kicking my ass so much) I've given up and just combined the two into one image. I'm still determined to color it, though...

attachicon.gifFrozenPonies.jpg

Haha, if only there was a version where they are ponies :'D

I got the Anna doll sitting on my desk, and one thing I noticed on her outfit is that the tulip is printed several times on it. The flower makes me think of spring/sunshine, which I feel is very Anna - how she craves love from others, like how a flower craves nourishment from the sun. My boyfriend also said that the tulip was actually considered super valuable in that part of the world at that time, but I'm not sure how true that is so don't put much stock in that. Generally though, I saw the tulip on her dress and thought it was fitting enough :P

Your havin trouble giving Elsa a horn? Well perhaps this image from tumblr my help:

4lhxfm.png

P.S. What yoi have is already amazing, I just felt the image above could help with what you having trouble with.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Bumping this back to post what was like, my fifth attempt at coloring this on the computer...And I still don't like it :P

post-13188-0-89707200-1392100074_thumb.png

I can be satisfied with Anna, but for some reason I can't figure out how to shade Elsa without looking...weird. 

But I have brought this back to the *actual* drawing board - redrawing the two on the same sheet, but instead of having the final be done digitally this time, I'll just shade it in graphite like I used to. Maybe falling back to my old techniques will make me feel more competent, haha. This time I've decided to listen to reason and give Elsa a horn :P I just really like the look of that crazy, wild, flowy forelock without a  big, straight horn sticking out the base of it. But it doesn't make sense for her to be an earth pony...I just didn't wanna let that one go :'D

post-13188-0-31715700-1392101063_thumb.jpg

So here's that. No idea why it's sideways!

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 2