Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallout Equestria RP

Authetius

Sorry, haven't been nearly as active as I would have liked. Unfortunately, the new advertisement used on this site has made it impossible for me to post by my mobile. Something about it makes the browser crash when it gets to loading the advertisement and, as far as I know, there is no mobile version. I will be regaining regular access to a computer on Friday, though the lack of working mobile version makes it so I can't post at all times wherever I am.

Speaking of which, if there is no mobile version of the sight, perhaps this should be looked into - it could be helpful to those of us who's mobiles don't work to well with parts of the site.

Yes Easel, saw your character. Sorry I missed it yesterday when I went to make the post. By the time I noticed I was on my mobile and there was nothing I could do about it. I like your character, approved. One question for your character though - how does one snipe with a battle saddle? I can see some sort of decent accuracy going on, but with the lack of the ability to physically see down the scope/iron sights of a weapon, I don't see actual sniping as a possibility. Sure, you can mount a high caliber weapon on a saddle and shoot it on the run while you can't use it unmounted, but don't expect to be picking head shots from a hundred yards. For that, I think I'm going to have to require the removal and setup of a rifle on a bipod or something, but that's for heavy weapons. I won't grant you the gran daddy of all sniper rifles just like that, but you could start with a decent rifle - just not a anti material rifle or something crazy like that.

I'll be finding a way to get you guys into the game, friday for sure as I'll be able to do some actual active playing then. I was just going to introduce your characters to the game in one group, but we could totally do that individually.

I got the idea from the image of a saddle-mounted rifle I saw on the wiki and investigated on dA.

GIF and details.

The ring on the tail is what deploys it, and the side mounted trigger would allow her to fire. Unless you want to follow the fanfic more strictly, this could be okay, right?

I do see what you mean about the weapon rank though. Would a scoped hunting rifle be acceptable?

Edited by Easel

My character CopperMane isn't really a fighter, but he can invent or repair just about anything, he is also a master lockpick and battle tactician. He is strong and can carry heavy loads but isn't very useful with hand to hand combat or close range weapons. Although, if he had a weapon saddle like easels character he might be fair with a sniper rifle, but it's not really his cup of tea.

Interesting design there Easel. I can see that working, but unless you could come up with a reason as to why or how you got your hands on what looks to be a rare and possibly unique find, then it will have to be found later.

Steam - Aria says "Me gusta non fighter pony. Diplomacy ftw!" My common sense says "Non fighter pony? He isn't going to last long." At least I'm not playing the only non violent character. (from what I gather, CopperMane isn't the violent type.)

Okay, I suppose I can try to come up with something... if I haven't by the time you're ready to incorporate us, then I'll just have her find it later, and instead have her old rifle mounted on the side, like Calamity, with a mouthpiece to fire.

Steam - Aria says "Me gusta non fighter pony. Diplomacy ftw!" My common sense says "Non fighter pony? He isn't going to last long." At least I'm not playing the only non violent character. (from what I gather, CopperMane isn't the violent type.)

Well it's not that he's not violent, it's just that he doesn't take part in it, he's also a pretty good healer so he's kind of like the non-combat support. Although he does like to use grenades and futuristic weaponry like laser pistols etc. If it's alright I was thinking about giving him a robotic dog a little like from New Vegas.

Wait... he's a non-violent battle tactician who is a master lockpick and can heal as well as being physically strong, and can use explosives and magic energy weapons? omo; That seems a little far spread for one pony...

Wait... he's a non-violent battle tactician who is a master lockpick and can heal as well as being physically strong, and can use explosives and magic energy weapons? omo; That seems a little far spread for one pony...

Well first and foremost he majors in repairing and lockpicking, he can heal if need be and carry extra luggage, he is mostly more just plain smart rather than a battle tactician but is good at it because he is a very creative thinker and has good ideas. His major downfalls are he isn't very good at any close range combat and he doesn't work well with others, in other words he is not a very good speaker and not very easy to get along with. Edited by thesteampunkninja

There's totally a mobile version. I use it 99% of the time, only switch to full if I need to do something that can only be done from the full site (or if I'm on a PC, of course).

Strange that it doesn't default to mobile for your device...

yea, props and candy to anyone who can figure out a address or link somewhere I can use to get to mobile version - Zune just isn't recognized as a mobile by some sites as it's not well known so it's ID isn't universally recognized and gets tagged as a desktop a lot.

Haha! No, I just found it on the comp I'm using and had to type out the whole url (pain in the butt), but it's working and in my favorites! The menu system doesn't work well with the zune interface and software, but I can get all the major functions like posting.

I'll continue working on this now that I got this running, but first I have to finish the transcript for my speech on mlp in 5th block.

Btw Linguz, I still have that D&D campaign all set up and ready to launch XD. I'm actually using it IRL now with some friends - if someone could help me figure out how to use programs online to do a live session of d&d rather than post by post I think we should pull it together again.

Alright. I don't see why we can't do it play-by-post, but other than that, I'd say use Skype. Also, I'm having to use the mobile version on this desktop because the Internet was being slow.

well if you want to play a game of d&d live I'd suggest using this http://www.rptools.net/ seeing as you not only can have all the rolls right in the chat window but you can also create a map if you really wanted. Also ya know if somebody else would be welcome I'm always up for a game of D&D :ph34r:

Sorry for not posting here... but I have trouble imagining the world, and thus my character... Or where my char would start, what his background would be.

Sorry for not posting here... but I have trouble imagining the world, and thus my character... Or where my char would start, what his background would be.

I have the same problem, can you give us any pointers?

OK! - I'll give a rundown of the general position of the world and all that jazz. I put it in a spoiler as it's a bit long. I'm sure there's a bit I'm missing, but it's actually covers a bit of everything. That should give you a feel for the world at least. Remember, not all ponies are violent in this world. It's possible to play nice and not kill everyone - trigger happy isn't always so much fun.

Fallout Equestria is set approximately 200 years after a great war between the ponies and the zebra. Back in that time, when Celestia and Luna ruled the land, massive technological advancements were made in the war effort. Earth ponies developed guns and other lethal weapons and technology. Unicorns created spells and developed arcane devices and computers and the pegasi created large air born vessels for war and helped greatly with the technological advancement. The technology of Equestria and the lands beyond soon reached the real world's level and quickly surpassed it due to the blending of technology and magic. After the development of megaspells to unleash massive amounts of magic at one moment, everything went to hell. The megaspells which had originally been designed to heal large numbers of wounded soldiers were repurposed to kill millions with the strength of an atomic weapon. An attack from the zebras, who used technology of their own, resulted in entire towns being whiped from the map in a sickly green balefire. Equestria's retaliation was just as deadly and swift. The majority of life winked out over the course of a single day.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, this was not the last chapter of pony history, or the zebras for that matter. There were a few places untouched by the balefire or the megaspells and some lived on in those. Radiation from the weapons mutated many, however, and several animals and ponies gradually became monsters over the course of a few generations - others instantly. Some ponies who were just outside the balefire bomb's blast radius but still within the deadly fallout zones didn't die but suffered a stranger fate. Much of their skin and some flesh slowly fell off their bones leaving them as the ghouls that now live in the wasteland. Most retain their personalities and memories, but the immortality and the horrors granted by the radiation whitled away at many of their minds leaving them zombie like husks of their original selves, slowly going insane until they became canibals.

Other ponies survived in huge underground shelters made to withstand the radiation and zebra attacks called Stables. Stables contain all the item necessary for survival - food and underground apple orchards, clean filtered air, water from a water talisman (or in some cases a very fine and high tech filter), and several other things including computers, pipbucks and some means of entertainment. Life continued in the Stables for several generations, the children of the those who first entered the Stables to escape their doom never seeing the light of day, their entire world consisting only of the insides of a Stable. Around 150 years after the war, some vaults started to open when probes decided the immediate area to be safe and radiation free or because of equipment malfunction. They were forced out into the strange land where most of them wouldn't live due to their lack of survival skills. Most ultimately died of starvation, radiation, monsters, raiders, slavers or any number of the other horrors wandering the land today. After wastelanders discovered the first open vaults and the pre-war tresures inside, entire groups of ponies started to lurk around unopened Stables in wait for them to open. The technology and magical artifacts preserved in stables are priceless outside, especially objects like water talismans to provide clean water.

One important group that raids vaults is known as the Steel Rangers. They are magically enhanced power armor clad ponies that are dedicated to the collection and preservation of pre-war technology at all costs. It isn't unheard of for a Paladin to kill for what they want, though this has caused some turmoil in their ranks as of late. Not all the chapters agree with their violent ways and reformation is on the horizon for this organization. They had been Applejack's greatest legacy before the war, though they have turned sour and many have forgotten the meaning of their oath and the purpose that Applejack had created them for.

The rest of ponies tend to stick together as well. Some peaceful towns have been set up either from scratch or in the remains of old cities or other structures, though what you call peaceful isn't the same as what they do. Almost everyone with any sense carries a weapon. Other ponies organize themselves into violent and twisted groups known as raiders who do everything necessary to get what they want and sometimes even kill for fun. Slavers are much the same, but they do it in a bit more of a civilized manner and tend to catch and sell ponies rather than kill them as their name suggests.

The monsters of this world are all decendents of monsters known from the show. Bloatsprites, ugly mutated parasprites, come in swarms here and there and feed on flesh. Hell Hounds were once Diamond Dogs, but now they have lost much of their ability to communicate and have grown larger and stronger with long deadly claws - they are amongst the most fearsome creatures in the wasteland because of their ability to cut through most anything and speed underground. The once innocent and small geckos have grown to half the size of ponies and have developed extremely deadly poison. These are just a few examples.

One might notice the lack of pegasi in the wasteland as they are very few in number and many go their entire lives without seeing one. This is due to the majority of pegasi during the age of the war retreating after the first balefire bombs detonated. They sealed up the sky with dark clouds and are rarely seen bellow the cloud curtain and no pony really knows what they do up there. Because of the clouds, a glimpse of the sky or the sun and moon is extremely rare and it keeps the wasteland in a filtered and filthy light during the day and an extremely dark lack of light at night. The few that do come down from the clouds speak of the government of the pegasi - the enclave - and the prewar wonders that they still have.

Another faction of interest is Red Eye's. Sprite bots, flying pre war robots equiped with radios, fly around playing his patriotic music and speaking of a better future for all pony kind and of his progress down in the Fillydelphia Crater. Not many ponies believe in his crazy rantings or about his promises, especially since it is common knowledge that he buys many of the slaves in the wastelands for his project.

Some facts that may interest you:

Canterlot is a ruin covered in a massive pink cloud of radiation that grants no view from afar - extremely dangerous and any adventures there aren't advisable, especially since no one comes back.

Ponyville is raider territory.

Manehatten is home to tenpony tower, a society of well off ponies who are mostly peaceful. This is also thought to be one of the broadcasting towers used by DJ-Pon3 for her radio show that most ponies listen to for helpful bits of news and the few decent surviving recordings of music in the wasteland.

(Old) Appleloosa is Slaver territory

New Appleloosa was just recently built by peaceful wastelanders and is a hub for trading as it's a hub for many of the area's railroad tracks.

Most food and water is dirty and radioactive to at least a small degree, but it builds up over time - this can be remedied by rad-away, but it's not cheap as it's sorely needed. Many ponies eat meat now due to the extreme lack of food.

The few ghouls who still have their minds (like Derpy) aren't accepted in normal society and have created a hidden town of their own (though Derpy lives in new appleloosa anyways).

More stuff I'm probably forgetting.

The few ghouls who still have their minds (like Derpy) aren't accepted in normal society and have created a hidden town of their own (though Derpy lives in new appleloosa anyways).

lol Derpy, we love you

Okay, that explains the world, thanks. I already got an Idea for a char, but not quite where I should make him start in the world

Thanks for the info, now all I'm really waiting for is to be introduced.

Okay, that explains the world, thanks. I already got an Idea for a char, but not quite where I should make him start in the world

^ me too