Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Prolly a Silly Question but....

Eva Darklight
Go to solution Solved by Princess Periwinkle,

I've been mulling over my OC ideas, you know trying to get the details straight in my head before posting in the role play forums (I am trying to get used to forums and roleplaying I've never had an opertunity to get familiar with either), and quite frankly I am perplexed by the ages of characters, considering there are age consistancy issues between the show and the movie Equestria Girls. I mean, clearly the main 6 ponies are over 18 human years, prolly in their early 20s judging by their life milestones, and ponies like Abblebloom are around 16, since they go to school daily and have cutesenarias (yes I totally spelled that wrong sorry), and those age ranges completely go against the movie, which shoves everyone in high school. I would really just love a bit of clarification on the accepted age ranges on this site so I can start making OC profiles and roleplaying. I couldn't seem to find anything on it myself, but I am rather bad navigating forums, so any help would be greatly appricated. Thanks, everypony.

-Eva

Edited by Eva Darklight

Hi there, @Eva Darklight! Make sure you don't have the regular roleplay section confused with the Equestrian Empire roleplay section. In the latter, you must follow rules in order to make sure your character fits in with the show canon. In the regular section, anything goes.

As for the age, people generally make the age correspond with human maturity. Ex: 18-22 years old for a pony with the maturity level of a college student. You don't have to do that, you can do anything you want to. Your OC could be 110!

On the other hand, if you would rather roleplay in the Equestrian Empire, let me know and I'll give you more details on that.

• Brohoof 3

I had read both sets, and was considering doing both eventually, 'cause why not, you know? xD I just know it's harder to write with randomly constructed characters, so figured role playing would be easier and more fun with well structured characters that don't blantently disreguard the universe they are trying to live in. I'll go with aging by maturity level then. I'm very detail-oriented and its always the little things that end up ebing important later on, so I like keeping things liek this in mind. Thank you much for your help. :3

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.