Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Coco is overrated

Mywas

Oh, rub it in my face a little more why don't you...  >_> 

I know Im missing it, I don't need to be told or reminded that Im missing it.  :blush:

Damn you... you-you bastard...!  :(

Umm sorry i feel bad now, but why not just download them of the interwebs i get them here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jyMPCsDUZVGC1vsXQ2-2bACRRTm-gzoJHTXclfHV9gs/edit?pli=1

• Brohoof 1

I just really don't know what the ruckus is all about. It's just a background character who happened to have a role in one episode. I doubt she will even return after this.

I just really don't know what the ruckus is all about. It's just a background character who happened to have a role in one episode. I doubt she will even return after this.

From what I know she's going to return in one point. That's good thing though IMO :3 

• Brohoof 1

From what I know she's going to return in one point. That's good thing though IMO :3 

ow :3 didn't know that XD. Well I don't really dislike nor like her. I really have no opinion at all about it

• Brohoof 1

ow :3 didn't know that XD. Well I don't really dislike nor like her. I really have no opinion at all about it

That's fine, I personally love her and I can't really say she is overrated. Her appearance was short and in only one episode, but wasn't she a true sweetheart there? Some ponies had much less appearances, get a lot of attention yet nobody is complaining about it... kinda unfair if You ask me, everyone has right to like whichever pony he/she wants to like. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah she really blew up after her appearance in Rarity Takes Manehattan. I feel like the Admin over at Equestria Daily posts a picture of her every second update now. In her defence though she did have a pretty heart warming role at the end of the episode. She was pretty much the moral of the story in pony form. Her 'female version of spike's voice' was pretty adorable too. I really like her.

• Brohoof 1

... Well. What an excellent and deep analysis you've given on a character there in that post. I can fully sympathize with your feelings and come to accept your words.

... No, I'm not going to leave off on that, I'm a fair person.

She's not the most creative character they could have made. But what COULD they have made her? Given her archetype and role in the story, what other personality could they have given her?

I think why most people (I included) love Coco so much is because of what she's meant to be. She's shy and submissive, but learned to set her hooves down and tell the truth when Rarity came around.

Now, yes, that is comparable to Fluttershy. And yes, Fluttershy's case of it is much more interesting.

But here's the thing. We weren't watching Coco grow. Up until the end, she was just there. She was pitiful and the fans felt bad for her, and it was made worse by the fact that we didn't see her or much of how she thought of it, so all we saw was a sad face that seemed to be stuck. She was pitiful, much like Fluttershy, and throughout the episode you want to see her redeem herself.

Also worth noting, unlike Fluttershy, who tends to stay out of the flow of things, Coco was outright supporting her boss, having to be deceitful and underhoofed to get by, which she clearly didn't want to do. Unlike Fluttershy, who ran away from problems whenever possible, Coco is a character who was stuck believing she had no choice but to live through such an unsavory lifestyle just to get by in life. She was regularly tormented by her actions and what she did to others. Seeing her finally get out of that with Rarity's help was wonderful, I think.

And for those who DON'T put that much analysis into her? Well, her design is very cute and appealing. She's soft and gentle, like Fluttershy, but possesses more of a rural feel to her, giving off a slightly different tone that does distinguish her in a sense, rather than Fluttershy's loose and natural look and lifestyle.

Is Coco the most creative character? Hardly. Is she overrated? Possibly. But nevertheless, there are reasons behind it. Perhaps even more than I've mentioned.

I doubt people are going to be taking back their love of her any time soon.

• Brohoof 4

... Well. What an excellent and deep analysis you've given on a character there in that post. I can fully sympathize with your feelings and come to accept your words.

... No, I'm not going to leave off on that, I'm a fair person.

She's not the most creative character they could have made. But what COULD they have made her? Given her archetype and role in the story, what other personality could they have given her?

I think why most people (I included) love Coco so much is because of what she's meant to be. She's shy and submissive, but learned to set her hooves down and tell the truth when Rarity came around.

Now, yes, that is comparable to Fluttershy. And yes, Fluttershy's case of it is much more interesting.

But here's the thing. We weren't watching Coco grow. Up until the end, she was just there. She was pitiful and the fans felt bad for her, and it was made worse by the fact that we didn't see her or much of how she thought of it, so all we saw was a sad face that seemed to be stuck. She was pitiful, much like Fluttershy, and throughout the episode you want to see her redeem herself.

Also worth noting, unlike Fluttershy, who tends to stay out of the flow of things, Coco was outright supporting her boss, having to be deceitful and underhoofed to get by, which she clearly didn't want to do. Unlike Fluttershy, who ran away from problems whenever possible, Coco is a character who was stuck believing she had no choice but to live through such an unsavory lifestyle just to get by in life. She was regularly tormented by her actions and what she did to others. Seeing her finally get out of that with Rarity's help was wonderful, I think.

And for those who DON'T put that much analysis into her? Well, her design is very cute and appealing. She's soft and gentle, like Fluttershy, but possesses more of a rural feel to her, giving off a slightly different tone that does distinguish her in a sense, rather than Fluttershy's loose and natural look and lifestyle.

Is Coco the most creative character? Hardly. Is she overrated? Possibly. But nevertheless, there are reasons behind it. Perhaps even more than I've mentioned.

I doubt people are going to be taking back their love of her any time soon.

This post deserves thousands of brohoofs. I'd honestly never say it better myself.

Over-rated is over-rated. It is just a term people have been currently using to say "I don't like that this character is popular". It always happens whenever something gets a huge fanbase without warning. We see this in video games. We see this in movies. Whenever it becomes popular out of the blue and lasts more than a week, it is over-rated.

No it's not. It's just popular and people don't like the popularity because they don't like the item.

What's over-rated?

Candy Corn.

Ew.

• Brohoof 3

Even if she's overrated I really think it's good that people pay attention to her. I have met some people who just stick around their bossy friends and have no courage to speak their mind or do right thing and sadly I never saw them changing into something better. Maybe they never had an opportunity or good example or maybe they are just too weak of a cowards to do it. And that's why Coco is great example for them, I hope that her  character will positively influence someone- even if just one person out there.

Edited by Burning Question
  • Brohoof 1