Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why no toys of Discord or King Sombra?

Castle Bleck

There are already ones of NMM and Chrysalis.

Even they have a much more girl-friendly appeal than either Sombra or Discord.

I mean, how many toys of male ponies are there, *period*?  All I can think of is Shining Armor.

I think to begin with King Sombra isn't too popular so there may not be too many that would buy him. But regarding Discord the reason is simply that it's a little difficult to make him and their best chance would be to make a high quality statue of him which is something most bronies would buy but I doubt the targeted demographic would. I think the main reason is just because it's a bit difficult making a good one which is why they would rather have to make a statue and I guess in the end they just don't see it as something that they could make profit on, so I guess they'll allow Funko or some other company create a Discord toy.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Perhaps what is being done is a stronger marketing push to have Discord be more viable as a toy for the demographic because of the surge of use of the character in season 4. Have him be more popular. He even has his own song now even before Rainbow Dash. I can't say that they will make toys of the character because of this but it's a thought.

I think to begin with King Sombra isn't too popular so there may not be too many that would buy him. But regarding Discord the reason is simply that it's a little difficult to make him and their best chance would be to make a high quality statue of him which is something most bronies would buy but I doubt the targeted demographic would. I think the main reason is just because it's a bit difficult making a good one which is why they would rather have to make a statue and I guess in the end they just don't see it as something that they could make profit on, so I guess they'll allow Funko or some other company create a Discord toy.

That's partially what I meant (The "brushable dolls" thing was a joke.): even if Hasbro doesn't, why not Funko or someone else?

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...