Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where to hide pony stuff

RainyDash

Being of the male gender has nothing to do with anything, you are worrying about gender stereotypes CREATED and ENFORCED by the culture that we live in. If you like ponies, feel good about it and tell your parents, regardless of what they think about it. There's no reason to hide the stuff, just be open about it.

• Brohoof 1

Where to hide your ponies? Well, I hide mine all over my computer desk and display shelves. Oh wait...

Just come out and admit things, so much easier and less stressful. Stand up for what you enjoy, it should be of no concern to anyone else because what you like to watch does not affect anything but your mood and outlook. I've had people criticize me for enjoying cartoons for most my life, other than when I was little of course. I'll never understand those who don't enjoy them. We're all entitled to like what we want though. I'd much rather enjoy me some cartoon ponies with good stories and intentions over some reality or sport garbage. To each their own, so long as it makes you happy.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

You could tell your parents then they might not care or something.

Where to hide your ponies? Well, I hide mine all over my computer desk and display shelves. Oh wait...

Just come out and admit things, so much easier and less stressful. Stand up for what you enjoy, it should be of no concern to anyone else because what you like to watch does not affect anything but your mood and outlook. I've had people criticize me for enjoying cartoons for most my life, other than when I was little of course. I'll never understand those who don't enjoy them. We're all entitled to like what we want though. I'd much rather enjoy me some cartoon ponies with good stories and intentions over some reality or sport garbage. To each their own, so long as it makes you happy.

Just tell your parents. It'll be easier in the end :)

MellowCream and Scootalove they dont really like me being a brony and Mane-iac i hard to admit it

Have you asked why they don't want you to be a Brony? If I were you, I'd sit them down and talk about the show with them, and what good it can bring.

yeah but they still

dont want me to be a brony

MellowCream and Scootalove they dont really like me being a brony and Mane-iac i hard to admit it

They can't stop you from being who you are, I wouldn't worry about it.

yeah but they still

dont want me to be a brony

Okay, it seems you've answered what I said about sitting with them and talking about it, but have you asked why exactly they don't like you being a Brony? They're probably just freaked out by it because it's outside of the preset guidelines that society has set for all males. Tell them some of the great things that Bronies have done for charity. Convince them to watch an episode, perhaps. A GOOD episode. Dragonshy. Yea. Season 1, episode seven, Dragonshy. Show them that, and if they refuse, simply keep on being a Brony. Rebellion, motha buckas!  :D 

Seriously, though, over time I'm sure that even if they don't come to like it, they'll learn to live with it.

...Christ. That's the biggest text wall I've made in a LONG time.  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Okay, it seems you've answered what I said about sitting with them and talking about it, but have you asked why exactly they don't like you being a Brony? They're probably just freaked out by it because it's outside of the preset guidelines that society has set for all males. Tell them some of the great things that Bronies have done for charity. Convince them to watch an episode, perhaps. A GOOD episode. Dragonshy. Yea. Season 1, episode seven, Dragonshy. Show them that, and if they refuse, simply keep on being a Brony. Rebellion, motha buckas!  :D 

Seriously, though, over time I'm sure that even if they don't come to like it, they'll learn to live with it.

...Christ. That's the biggest text wall I've made in a LONG time.  :blink:

the thing is that i am a brony but someone found out at school so my parents dont allow ponys for me so they got my pony stuff and pit in their cupboard i have to act like i dont like ponies and i know where they put the stuff

the thing is that i am a brony but someone found out at school so my parents dont allow ponys for me so they got my pony stuff and pit in their cupboard i have to act like i dont like ponies and i know where they put the stuff

Okay. They don't allow ponies. I understand. What I don't understand is WHY they don't allow ponies. Go ask them. Now. Walk up to them and say, "Mom, dad, why don't you like me being a Brony?"

Don't take any of their horsesh**. They'll get used to it.

Heheh... Horsesh**... You know, because, ponies. And horses... I'm bad at this.

How old are you, by the way?

Okay. They don't allow ponies. I understand. What I don't understand is WHY they don't allow ponies. Go ask them. Now. Walk up to them and say, "Mom, dad, why don't you like me being a Brony?"

im 10 years old

im ten years old and im not joking right

I don't have pony stuff, but if i had i wouldn't hide it because my parents know i like MLP, so tell your parents, it will be easier  ;)

Have you not been following our conversation? They already know he likes the ponies, which they don't like.

im 10 years old

im ten years old and im not joking right

Mkay, ten years old. Nice to have that bit of info. I'm fifteen, by the way.

I never said you were joking. I was just making a horrible pun to lighten the mood a bit.

Now, then. Have you gone in there and asked them why exactly they don't like you being a Brony?

• Brohoof 1

Have you not been following our conversation? They already know he likes the ponies, which they don't like.

I never said you were joking. I was just making a horrible pun to lighten the mood a bit.

Now, then. Have you gone in there and asked them why exactly they don't like you being a Brony?

why did you ask how old i was

they said it was girly which it is not

why did you ask how old i was

I was curious as to what your age was. Now, then. Maybe if you were to do as I said earlier, and show them an episode on Netflix, (preferably Season 1, Episode 7, Dragonshy,) they'd not think of it as super girly.

Edited by StarGazer588

I was curious. Also, stop avoiding my question.

Have you, or have you not asked them, "why don't you like me being a Brony?", putting EXTREME emphasis on the "why" part.

they said was girly whic i dont realy agree

Well that's easy, show them the good none girly episodes, maybe Sonic Rainboom or Sleepless In Ponyville and proove it's not girly, the proof is in the pudding as they say

welll the funny thing is they used to watch with me and enjoy it :o