Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where to hide pony stuff

RainyDash

no sadly not but they used to like mlp and when they diddad bought me tickets to bronycon au and it soon

Right so your dad is taking you to brony con and it's soon so not happened yet? if that's the case aren't you a little suspicious your parents accept you being a brony?

no sadly not but they used to like mlp and when they diddad bought me tickets to bronycon au and it soon

Okay. So, your parents used to be accepting of it. You should ask why they've had a sudden change of heart, and don't want you having ponies in your life. Also, you should show them the Discord episodes. I'm willing to bet that the humor alone will get them to understand. Yea, a Discord episode, or a Pinkie Pie episode.

• Brohoof 1

It's really hard to even recommend a place to 'hide' something like pony merchandise. I don't know but try a place that won't be searched like behind your bookshelf or in old boxes used to keep random things. Place them in areas only you normally access. Or perhaps keep them at a friend's house if you have a friend that either likes ponies or could keep them for you anyway. I do sympathize with your situation and I'm sorry that you suffer from an unrepentant urge from others to influence you towards a normative standard of relations in regards to societal norms.  Also, to add to this, I am not aware of your home life but I would say that most parents would get suspicious if knowing that their child might be hiding something. It might be unfortunate but I know that the age you're in (from the posts made earlier) is a time where you really can't win. You're going to be assailed with criticism whether you're right or not and an acceptance is perhaps your only solace.

Edited by broniesvote4Twiley
  • Brohoof 2

Why did they change their mind?  It's a little weird they used to like it and all the sudden they don't.  Is it possible someone at school said something to them?  That's almost what it sounds like to me.

Why did they change their mind?  It's a little weird they used to like it and all the sudden they don't.  Is it possible someone at school said something to them?  That's almost what it sounds like to me.

its cause someone at school found out

Okay. So, your parents used to be accepting of it. You should ask why they've had a sudden change of heart, and don't want you having ponies in your life. Also, you should show them the Discord episodes. I'm willing to bet that the humor alone will get them to understand. Yea, a Discord episode, or a Pinkie Pie episode.

i was at the shops i saw mlp i asked if i could go to the toys by myself they said no later they asked me to put some food back so i ran to the food section and went to the ponies quickly

Right so your dad is taking you to brony con and it's soon so not happened yet? if that's the case aren't you a little suspicious your parents accept you being a brony?

they used to accept it but they don't now they bought when they accepted me as a brony so I'm not going

I'm sorry if your parents don't like my little pony any more, but first you might want to find out what that kid at school said to your parents then ask them why they dislike the show now, and if they don't change their minds, then you might want to hide your ponies. a NICE LITTLE  safe place where you can hide them. Or you could just take back your ponies from your parents cuboards shove it in their faces and yell, "I love ponnies!" Not literally, but something close to that.

I have to agree it was pretty tough to tell my closest that i love ponies,

but they were all totally cool with it and laughed at me.

Just be you. Dont hold anything back because that only gives you headaches at night.

Edited by Karba
  • Brohoof 1

Let me regale a tale of my adventures today at work.
I work at a discount variety store(99c store). Sometime in the afternoon, a little boy, about 4 or 5 years old, walked up to me and handed me a doll - a product we sell. His father, a great, lumbering, bearded man walked up to us and pressed his hands firmly to his sides. You know what he did?
He bought the doll. He didn't even seen the tiniest bit miffed about it clearly being a girly toy.

Whilst I am not here to say that you have bad parents(which I'm not saying, as for all I know, they could be the loveliest pair of people around, despite being a little misguided), I am here to say that it is wrong that people cannot accept that you are who you are.

You should not feel bad for liking ponies, or any girly stuff for that matter. You should tell them that this is what you like, and what you want to like. It makes you happy, and you have fun with MLP. There is nothing wrong with it, and you should let them know that.

Edited by ~Chaotic Dratini~
  • Brohoof 1

Okay so I'm going to assume you are under 18 years of age.

I feel bad that your parents don't accept that you like ponies. But, what I get from the info in the thread is, you parents took your pony stuff away and said you can't have it. You want us to give you advice on taking the stuff and hiding it from your parents?

Call me crazy, but they are your parents and just taking the stuff back and hiding it from them seems like it's going to get you in more trouble.

I think the more mature thing to do is deal with the issue of why your parents took the stuff from you in the first place. Instead of going behind they're back, taking the stuff and trying to hide it, which will make them distrust your actions. Try to work on why you having ponies or pony 'stuff' is bad. Don't try to do the wrong thing to make yourself feel justified, be mature about it, show them you can be mature about it.

They are the adults, you are the child. I don't like that they took your stuff but while you live in their house and are a minor they are within their right to deny you non-essential things like toys.

• Brohoof 2

For me I watch it on the living room television, so everybody in the house knows I love mlp, and they seem to like it also. But in your case I would, try to ease your way to getting them back, with little hints along the way. Time would be the best resource for now. 

• Brohoof 2

Well he or she has already said they are10 years old in a previous post

I'm very sorry I missed that the Original poster is 10. But I still would say the same thing since the person is a child and not an adult.

Edited by KarentheUnicorn
  • Brohoof 2

Hi I have so,pony stuff in a bag because my parents put it in there I want it back where can I hide it and I'm a boy

I got this one sense everyone seems to not get you'd like to be private about it.

shoe box.

everything hidden goes in shoe boxes.

• Brohoof 1

Attack the problem at the source. Talk to nice friends at school about the coolest parts of the show that reference "boys" stuff and are the most funny and least "girly". Get other people to take a look at the show. Also, the next time you do a project at school do it on something like "a study of how many male people like My Little Pony and why they like it" or "why lots of people are prejudiced against males who like ponies" and use a computer to come up with some project results (like stuff from this website). Do some surveys around the school and collect all the results.

If that fails, start asking for Barbie stuff and when your parents go crazy tell them ponies could be a nice compromise.

If that fails, just spend a week acting 100% manly and tough, saying you hate all girls stuff including ponies and want to join the army. Your parents will feel really bad and let you have the ponies back :)

If even that fails, search the house to find your Dad's hidden pony stuff and then use it to blackmail him into sharing some of it secretly :D

• Brohoof 1

Well it doesn't really matter that your a boy or 10 years old. Anyone can be a brony or pegasister or whatever you want to call it. Although I saw that your parents really don't want you to be a brony, just stand up to them if you want to and tell them that's who you are. Then maybe they can give you back your pony stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
On 2014-01-23 at 5:08 PM, The Mane-iac said:

Just come out and admit things, so much easier and less stressful. Stand up for what you enjoy, it should be of no concern to anyone else because what you like to watch does not affect anything but your mood and outlook. I've had people criticize me for enjoying cartoons for most my life, other than when I was little of course. I'll never understand those who don't enjoy them. We're all entitled to like what we want though. I'd much rather enjoy me some cartoon ponies with good stories and intentions over some reality or sport garbage. To each their own, so long as it makes you happy.

Same here!

• Brohoof 1

I actually hide my pony merchandise in plane sight! I have special cabinets with ponies in them for show. When people ask, it is very easy to say they are valuable collectables (because most of them are, especially the mint on card 80s G1 ponies).

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I actually hide my pony merchandise in plane sight!

So do I. My advice is this: don't hide your pony stuff from your parents. I wouldn't hide my Jurassic Park merch so why would I hide MLP merch? There simply is no reason unless your parents are really closed-minded. If they ask you why you buy pony merch just explain to them why.

• Brohoof 2

Advice on disobeyin the ol parents huh?

Hide it in with some other stuff. Small box under the bed, in the corner in the closet. Out of sight.

Don't do the dresser drawers, it'll be the first place they look. Or if you have a nightstand. Don't put anything in there either. Small boxes someplace hidden is the best bet.

Depending on the size of your merch is how easy it'll be to hide it. Small merch will be very easy to hide.

• Brohoof 1