Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Midnight launches?

I_wesley125

I find it silly to get up in the middle of the night and wait in line for something. :P

Nope.

I used to be the midnight king back home.

If a game had a midnight I was there and was usually the first in line.

This was back when I had nothing better to do, so usually me and a group of friends would go and just screw around until 12.

Nowadays though I don't have the time (or the store won't be doing one).

But I still try to go to them when I can work them in, hell i'm going to the ME3 one tonight.

Though I won't be showing up until 1130-1145. I don't have the time to just sit there and waste anymore.

Especially when the stores aren't offering any sort of prizes or something.

Also a good rule of thumb for midnight launches is to stay away from gamestop and go to walmart.

Their lines (if they have any) are always less than gamestop, even for a really big game like COD.

Gamestop had a long line, walmart had 15 people tops.

I was in and out with my copy before my friends had even really moved in the line it was priceless.

(edited)

I just pre-order a game and then pick it up the next day, I don't have any desire to stand around waiting for a game. (This is what I am doing for ME3)

Edited by Guest

I'm the laziest person around when it comes to buying new releases. I don't even pre-order most of the time, I just trot into the shop and hope that it's there. There's a video rental shop (lol, video rental) nearby that has never let me down before. Hopefully it stays like that too!

(edited)

I've gone to the Halo Reach, Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops midnight launches.

The Black Ops one was freaking annoying. Verizon and the US Army were advertising the hell out of everything and wouldn't shut up, it was noisy, everyone behaved like immature kids. The police also were called due to someone walking in dressed up in some large vest with electrical wiring and a large knife. Apparently he was just dressing up as one of the characters from the game but a giant combat knife and a vest that looks like something a suicide bomber would wear is probably not the best thing to wear to such an event.

I left early and just picked up the game in the morning.

Battlefield 3 release could hardly be called an event, they left us outside and only allowed people in 5 at a time. Nothing happened.

Halo Reach was probably the best midnight launch I've gone to. Everyone at the event behaved civilized, they did their silly raffles and what not.

I dominated the Halo trivia so much that they didn't let me take part in the last set of trivia.

Oh and I had payed for the Legendary edition of the game, but during the event I won a limited edition but since I already had pre-ordered the Legendary they simply took off half the price! That midnight release was fun.

Oh and if you're wondering, all the ones I've attended have taken place at a medium size Gamestop in the Bronx, New York, I've never attended any of the larger midnight launches.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

Only games I've gone to the midnight launches were MW3 and Black Ops.

Black Ops was really fun... just a bunch of dudes, waiting outside of gamestop... Actually no. It was freezing and I was at the end of the line.

MW3 was a lot better, because I was inside a place waiting, and the employees set up Xbox and PS3 systems, with the game in it, so we could play while we waited.

I forgot to mention the only midnight releases they do here are for games I care not about, like Call of Duty and Battlefield. There wasn't one for Starcraft II. If they had one, I would consider going.

I wanted to go to the Skyward Sword midnight release, but I couldn't because of church and the game coming out on Sunday.

I got it release day, though.

Aside from work, nope.

I was at GameStop the day Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platinum were released (before they opened) and I ended up getting SoulSilver and White from Target. Not really a fan of midnight launches though.

Nope, but I know a couple kids that are pretty intense about CoD midnight launches. One kid that I know (the Nazi kid from my thread) got searched by cops at the MW3 launch because he was carrying a machete around. My friends that go to the midnight launches of those go because they're beast at CoD and they always win free stuff in the pre-launch tournaments.

I have never been to a midnight release and I have never pre-ordered a game. I have only bought 2 games on their release dates in my life:

Legend of Zelda Wind-Waker

and

Skyrim

I wait a few days and let my friends buy them and play them to death so I don't get bugged to play them every 5 minutes.

Also I can read some user reviews....

• 6 years later...

I used to but now... I seldom buy a game on launch because of so many bad games coming out. That and Germany doesn't really do them.