Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Midnight launches?

I_wesley125

I did it just once, for the release of one of the Playstations (can't remember which now). I was going to buy it and sell it on ebay but it wasn't worth the misery. If I want something for myself I'll just wait a month and pick it up when the hype has died down. 

i got guitar hero for xbox 360 the one that came with the drum bundle first waay back and i got alien isolation on midnight and as always i will always get KINGDOM HEARTS at launch when i can ! : D

I don't buy physical copies anymore, not since I was 13. That being said I still do the midnight launch thing, just different. I preorder games digitally and on the night of release I wait until the game becomes playable. Last games I did it with is Sea of Thieves, The Escapists 2, and White Noise 2.

The only midnight release I went to was for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. I remember GameStop had a van that carried a giant screen and a game projector. People got a chance to play the game before picking it up and it was pretty cool. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to attend a midnight launch when I was younger, but I never did because of transportation issues. And today, I just can't be bothered; I'll just buy the thing online and have it mailed to me. If it's in short supply even online and I care enough, maybe I'll write a small program to send me an email when the "buy" button becomes clickable.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 5:30 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Midnight lunches are an entirely different matter. I'm always up for that. :please:

YES! Better than line-waiting. Oh...my actual reply: never gonna happen! 

Closest one I did was for Persona 5. They had an early release actually where you could buy it at 9 at night

I have for movies. A couple of Harry Potter movies and Star Wars 3. And I went to the first showing of the MLP movie. There really aren't many movies I'm excited enough about to bother these days.

I also bot Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows an hour after it came out, mostly because I was working that night but it was fun to start reading it right away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...