Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Slice of Life (OOC)

Chaotix

(edited)

RP Thread

Ok this is a roleplay which is basically a mirror of the epsodes, except it is based in a town called Colts Crossing, which is far north of Cloudsdale.

And have fun!

Please make your first post an explanation of what you do in the town or how youve come to Colts Crossing.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Re-prefixed from Searching with an RP thread link added.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

You mean some sort of "Slice of Life" Roleplay? ( What the episodes are imo, except a few select ones. )

Edited by Neikos el Presidente

Something like this would be cool! A good old basic RP is always nice~ I was thinking of something similar a little while ago, actually, but maybe more like.. an alternate thing, not in Ponyville but some other Equestrian town/city, with people using their own characters and such. More creativity. :3

• Brohoof 1

It's actually something I would like, but i'd probably have to make a new normal character that doesn't have a weird backstory :P

Well, I'd definitely be willing to help! Slice of life RPs are a ton of fun because they are one of the few RP types that don't require a driving conflict to keep things going. It's very much character based, and how they all interact and form bonds and grow. It's important to provide a nice backdrop for all of the characters, too. As this is based on a show with so much in it, a lot of the work is already done. The races, the world itself, the goddesses... All are already filled in for us, which makes this part a bit easier.

Like Easel mentioned above, a town or city that we create ourselves is probably best. This is where the balance is struck between setting a solid foundation of the town, and allowing it to be enough of a blank canvas for the characters and people to have some free reign and make their characters behave how they want. Perhaps somepony wants to own a bakery, or another wants to coach at a local swimming pool. All are very possible if the setting is rather generalized and not scripted down to a mapped out, building by building sort of thing. So, what we really ought to do is first decide on what kind of town it is and where it is, and then the people joining will be able to help fill in a lot of the details of the town, I bet!

But, that's just how I like to do things with these sort of RPs. Really, anything is possible, which is part of what makes them so much fun!

I might be interested in joining, it's good to see something more minor and slice-of-lifey than much larger overly grimdark stories I see everywhere.

Well it seems this rp has a lot of support. So lets get to details. First things first, what kind of town are we dealing with, and what region is it in. Seen as all sorts of ponies are joining, i think a cloud town is ruled out. Im open to suggestions though :)

Probably just something similar to Ponyville, sorta semi-suburban, but still cute and village-y. |D All we really oughta do is give it a name, I think... the rest can just be creative freedom, to a certain limit. Maybe... Applevale or Colt's Crossing. /shrug

--actually, we could prolly do something similar to the canon too, putting a cloud city nearby and all, just so we don't rule out pegasi and such.

Edited by Easel

Probably just something similar to Ponyville, sorta semi-suburban, but still cute and village-y. |D All we really oughta do is give it a name, I think... the rest can just be creative freedom, to a certain limit. Maybe... Applevale or Colt's Crossing. /shrug

--actually, we could prolly do something similar to the canon too, putting a cloud city nearby and all, just so we don't rule out pegasi and such.

Well, instead of making an entirely new cloudcity, it could just be equidistant from Cloudsdale, but in a different direction, since that seems to be THE pegasus city to end all pegasus cities. I really like Colt's Crossing, so, that one works for me!

Edit: Maybe further north, to give it a bit of a different climate than ponyville? So it snows more often.

Edited by CandleWick

Not only the place, we need main plot, too! Main plot as in theme, if you know what I mean. (e.g Winter Wrap Up, Festival, etc)

No need for detailed plot, just theme. :D

Edited by Blue Heart

Well, instead of making an entirely new cloudcity, it could just be equidistant from Cloudsdale, but in a different direction, since that seems to be THE pegasus city to end all pegasus cities. I really like Colt's Crossing, so, that one works for me!

Edit: Maybe further north, to give it a bit of a different climate than ponyville? So it snows more often.

That's an awesome idea~~ 8D!

As for the theme thing, we could just start out with there being no particular big thing, but then as it progresses have fun events and etc along the way~ Because it'd be awfully hard to plan an event when we haven't really got any idea of the layout of the town or area yet.

Yeah id say Colts crossing sounds like a great idea, and having it in a different climate can add many different scenarios. And Easel is right about the theme, itd probably be best to wait until weve got a setup before we start making trouble for the ponies

Yeeeehehee~ /excited

Okay, so is there anything else we really need then, besides for people to start posting OCs? We've got the little village of Colt's Crossing, located north of Cloudsdale...