264 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Moments I loved:

- Pinkie chasing after Fluttershy's training, shouting "I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU!!" Then a balloon floats by and Pinkie's like "oooh, something floaty!" and hops after it :mlp_laugh:

-When Discord dresses in a hospital gown, and turns around while talking to the Mane 4. They all flinch and grimace, like he's flashing them in his open-back hospital gown. LOL

-Pinkie's about to scold Discord, so he pulls out a balloon and INSTANTLY Pinkie's face turns into this:

353317463_ScreenShot2018-09-18at11_02_42PM.png.2d4e74b8b598456fc01382364d3b7efa.png SOOOO CUTE <3 <3

-Discord's song

-Harry Potter reference!

968985664_ScreenShot2018-09-18at11_11_29PM.png.4e2f3784222d36bf0c4c5b0750ae98a7.png

-The producers of the show added a subtle Wilhelm scream when Twilight and Cadance were chasing that worm monster back into its hole. It was very slight amongst the roars. LOL

Honestly, the monster they fought was creepy and gross. If I had watched that as a kid, I would have been freaked out by it.

Edited by starrymiss

• 1 month later...

Why do people love Discord so much? I like him when he's nice, but he was such a jerk this episode. The moral should really have been about Discord learning not to test your friends. He does get sick, but it didn't feel like he learned anything.

Edited by qwerE

• 3 months later...

I hate Discord here. He acts like a dick for the entire thing and has no good reason for it. Just like how he wasn't actually teaching anything to Twilight in Princess Twilight Sparkle, Discord isn't actually teaching anything to Twilight here. Maybe if Twilight actually was doing something wrong, Discord messing with her would be funny, but nope. Twilight just wants to spend some quality time with Cadence, but of course Discord can't allow that. Why is Discord even reformed if he's not going to act like it? If he wasn't reformed, at least this could end with with an acceptable punishment of turning him back to stone. But here, all we get is Discord getting sick and saying he learned his lesson without any indication that he actually does. 

On top of that, the pacing of this episode is terrible. Just like Rarity Takes Manehattan, it takes half the episode to set up the conflict. Discord's introduction scene is painfully dragged out and is not funny enough to justify the length. The rest of the episode doesn't have any time to do anything interesting so all that happens is: Discord messes with Twilight and Cadence, they go get the cure, and they find out Discord faked his illness. Riveting.

To be fair, the first half isn't too bad and has a few good jokes. But that and an okay fight at the end aren't enough to make up for how annoying this episode is.

Score: 2/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 3 months later...

I love this episode, discord being selfish yet not evil and just wants to have fun is important for the season arc and satisfying to watch. The song(!), wow the song is awesome with so many references and visuals(like discord switching their manes), this is what I wanted from a discord song and it did not disappoint. Discord getting sick for real in the end and getting what he deserved was satisfying to watch, nice ending(the fight with the worm like looking creature felt a bit dragged and was not really intriguing, a little over the top for my taste to). 9\10

By the way, discord should spend more time with pinkie, however its probably too chaotic for the writers to think of...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Even 2 years later, this episode was always one of my favorites. Discord is one funny guy, making Twilight and Cadence do all the work for him when he faked getting sick - only to get sick at the end. 

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaaah, good ol' Discord. Every episode of him is great. I know I might be repeating myself, but I love when he messes with Twilight, and this might be the best example of messing with her without it being "evil". He just gets in the way, in the most obnoxious and obvious way possible, but also in a way that Twilight can't escape, but he knows that she wants to look good in front of Cadence, and as the Princess of Friendship, she wants to keep appearances that she really does want to take care of him.

That's the way I like my "reformed" Discord. Still an annoying and crafty villain, but still on the "good" side. And that song is such a great musical number. With the repeat at the end of the episode, with the tiny glass of water he never received.

So at the end, Discord gets sick for real, but Flutters is there to take care of him. Still not a fan of their relation, but that's just me.

7.5+0.5/10, bonus points for our guy Discord !

• 3 months later...

Discord gets a song! Discord gets a song! DISCORD GETS A SONG!

I'm sorry. I just love Discord so much.

He's a nuisance, but he's the best kind of nuisance.