264 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

My face when what I can only describe as an Alaskan Bull Worm showed up:

Definitely one of the funniest episodes of the season so far, if not the funniest.  Comedy was excellently timed and paced, the musical number was a hoot and a holler, we even got some action, and Cadance showed up in another slice of life episode which she actually starred in!  Yay!  Will have a full review up in a little while (and yes, I promise this one will be considerably shorter than last week's was  ;)).

That was awesome, Discord was awesome in this episode. John De Lancie always said that he couldn't sing but it was still great. I liked that in the end this was all just a trolling attempt that had opposite effects. Cadence and Twilight in the end had more fun then they would have and I had not pictured Cadence as a pony that is adventurous. All in all, it was a great episode.

• Brohoof 1

That episode had a lot of humor in it, Discord pretending to be sick, and his first song had a lot of references in it which was very funny. The interaction between Twilight and Cadence was something to behold, it's good to see that Discord hasn't changed a bit.

Enjoyed the episode, the reviewers might not say the same thing though. Oh well, Discord strikes again with trolling. :P

tumblr_inline_mmavawsboE1qz4rgp.gif

9/10 for this episode of humor and antics! :umad:

Edited by Scootalove

I thought the episode was pretty good, enough so I watch the whole thing without taking a break, a new record for me.

Pros:

1.Mi Amora Cadenza

2.Discord

3.Discords first song

4.References galore

5.A new creature to add to the list, regardless if no name was given.

Cons:

N/A

Edited by shandesa
  • Brohoof 1

Discord's antics are great as usual, though I can't help but feel like something was off about this episode. Cadance is still boring. I also love/hate the song for some reason

I'd give it about 7-8/10

Edited by Megas75

Please tell me i'm mot the only one to catch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" Discord

You definitely are not:

Was that a Flashdance reference?

Was Discord dressed as Hunter S Thompson there?

I thought the episode was pretty good overall.  I still don't like what they did with Discord (and this episode was just another reminder of that) but I do like that he didn't turn out to be some kind of Trickster Mentor type like he was in the premiere again, that he's still capable of just being a flat out jerkass.  He really did do everything just to screw with Twilight; that Twilight actually got to bond with Cadence was just an unintended side effect.

The references and jokes were all very clever, and I do have to admit I was smiling a lot.  The "song" was okay, though its not exactly hummable and is more spoken word than anything. What sold the song the most were the visuals.

My biggest problem with the episode was probably Cadence.  She gets a chance to have some decent exposure and still comes off as rather bland and personality-less, just generically "nice" as usual. 

• Brohoof 1

Loved the song!

All the references! SO MANY REFERENCES!!!

Oh, and by the way...

THEY LIED!!! FLASH/BRAD IS IN S4! WTF!!!??

flash_sentry__aka_brad_aka_dreamy_cutebo

I guess that this was done to those who wrote a petition to "Save Flash Sentury". Nothing more, we can just inagine that he wasn't here.

• Brohoof 3

That was... fun.  A very fun episode.  I don't really know what else to say about it.  Discord, as usual, was done really well.  I'm confused about his character and motives, but I'm pretty sure that that's what makes him so interesting.  The song was... not my favorite, but it fit Discord well.  I also found that all of the characters in general were done well in this episode.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and find it to be a good addition to the season.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that was awesome :yay:  I like that they're already mentioning the breezies before that episode comes, so it doesn't seem like it's coming out of nowhere. Discord's entrance was brilliant and the sneeze that set the tree on fire :lol:

Did Twilight and Cadence go to a Starswirl the Bearded convention? And did Twilight cosplay? Ha. Love it ^_^

Discord's song. Oh sweet Celestia, Discord's song. References. References everywhere. And the way they did it, John de Lancie did a great job on it. And there was something sort of Dr Seuss-ish about it...

Seriously, what was that thing? That... THIIIINNNGGGG... Twilight and Cadence fought???

Discord dancing around after that fight and that suit and his face and I just love him ok. His face when he actually did get sick :wub:

And I still love the friendship between Discord and Fluttershy, it's adorable. Discord loves his Flutters, really, doesn't he~? ;)

I feel I'm forgetting something... what was it...

Oh...

Right...

FLASH FREAKING SENTRY. HE IS IN SEASON 4. FOR LIKE 3 SECONDS BUT STILL. AND HE SEEMED TO PAUSE FOR A MOMENT TO LOOK AT TWILIGHT BEFORE HE LEFT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. I DON'T KNOW IF I LIKE HIM OR NOT.

Preliminary thoughts:

I really loved the episode, mainly for Discord, because I love Discord.

That being said, I think the moral was a little weak.  I'm not entirely sure whether the moral was lend a hoof to a friend in need even if they're a jerk that you are only friends with to prevent the destruction of Equestria or if it's sometimes things can go right even if they go wrong... either way I think the moral was a little watered down and forced and not something you could take and put in your day to day life.

That being said, even though I don't think it really gave me any moral lesson, I liked the Discord character building.  Even though he was a jerk in this episode, it was kind of nice to see an episode focused on him actually caring about their friendship in his own little way.  Even though a lot of people were saying during the stream that it made them dislike Discord, it really made me like him.  In my eyes the episode was about how he really wanted to have true friends and not just people that called him friend for the sake of keeping him in line, so he wanted to see if they really cared enough to go all out for him.  And I liked that Twilight wasn't unrealistically happy with him.  Normally I'd expect one of those, "Of course we love you you're our friend and you never have to wonder if we'll go the extra mile for you" speeches, but I think it's more realistic that she'd just be annoyed that he lied.

Overall I really liked the episode... I think it did little to advance the overall plot or morals of the show, but it did give us a little bit more of Discord's character and I really liked all the humor in it.  Definitely one of the better episodes of the season imo.

I'll probably post some more thoughts after I watch it again.

• Brohoof 2