Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any "Younger" Bronies?

iPoptart

At 14 years old, I'm just above the age limit for this site. I'm just wondering, is there any younger bronys out there? Do you have any problems with your age within the fandom? Does MLP get between school/social life? It'd be nice to hear some other stories.

• Brohoof 2

Well, Im not a preteen but, I still consider myself to be pretty young.

Im curious to know what you mean by " Does MLP get between school/social life?".

Edited by Onylex

Well, Im not a preteen but, I still consider myself to be pretty young.

Im curious to know what you mean by " Does MLP get between school/social life?".

I mean like do you catch yourself deciding to watch MLP instead of doing homework, or not going to hang out with friends so you can watch the show.

I mean like do you catch yourself deciding to watch MLP instead of doing homework, or not going to hang out with friends so you can watch the show.

I don't get homework done. I watch MLP and go on these forums.
  • Brohoof 3

And I'm one of them. 

Being younger than the majority of the members on this site is... normal. I've never gotten any flak for being too immature or young. What matters to me is not the age but the maturity of a person in question. There're many people less than thirteen years old who are actually wiser than some twenty-year-olds. Sometimes there might be that some people don't take you seriously for your age, but that happens very little to me. I don't know about anyone else.

MLP used to be everything on my mind last year, when I just discovered the show and made a place in these forums. As such, it did get me into trouble for forgetting homework because I was reading fanfiction and browsing fanarts. Now that I'm older, I don't involve myself much in the fandom anymore but I do involve myself in Mado :3

• Brohoof 5

I'm still in high school, albeit I'm 17.

Anyway, dude, I don't think people around here will look at your age when befriending you, as long as you display maturity.

u can b 27 an talk lik dis an no 1 will take u srsly.

Or you can be 14, talk like this, and people will take you seriously.

As long as you're above the legal age, then you're all good, bro! :D

Edited by Champion gfk39
  • Brohoof 6

I too am one of these 'younger bronies', or pegasister, due to my gender, I suppose, though I generally use neither of the terms in describing myself.

To answer your question, I have never had an issue with MLP getting in the way of my schoolwork. Being the dorky kid I am, I often find myself putting homework first and rewarding myself with an episode.

I have to agree with @Clarity, when I first joined this site I though I was going to be one of the youngest people on the here.

It was to my surprise to find out how mature some most the members are considering their age, not that Im saying everybody who is under a certain age is immature. 

To tell you the truth I actually find myself acting more mature than most of the people my age.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 13 and (in 3 days, not anymore though!) and I joined this site one year ago when I just turned legal for it. (sorry for bad sentence, my English is not the best)

I never really had any problems with the community or whatsoever. 

Except for, maybe the kind of lonely feeling I got when the older bronies (on the Dutch Brony site) were meeting up and going to cons and I was like, the young one so I didn't really get to go to places and stuff because my parents wouldn't let me (they were like: you don't know these people in real life, Isa, we won't know what happens to you if you go to a meetup! Then I'd tell them we're all about friendship and love and everyone is kind and stuff but they wouldn't listen)

but once I'm 14, I will decide what to do! Muhahahahaha! 

(I love my parents xD)

While I'm older than you, it's only by 2 years. I'm still young, but not a pre teen since I'm 16. :P

It hardly interferes with school, maybe once in a blue moon when I'm doing fan art, but if I don't do my work it's cause I'm too lazy. The show itself doesn't cause me to fall behind, I rarely watch the previous seasons on Netflix, and I watch the new episodes every weekend. My social life has not suffered because of the show, It has gonna downhill though, but for other reasons not related to mlp.

As far as any problems because of my age? No, not really. I guess the only thing that sucks is I can't buy mlp merchandise on my own whim for now until I get a part time job, but that won't be for another two months or so when I move back to Texas.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 14 as well. I wouldn't say that MLP specifically gets in the way of things, but I'm definitely on the forums a lot. I guess I couldn't really care less about my age in the fandom really. I'm in it and that's all that really matters to me :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm 13 (soon to be 14). I wouldn't say MLP gets in the way of school, but I'm on these forums all time. Unfortunatly, I fall into the whole "immature kid" stereotype, despite the fact I'm very intelligent and well spoken of.

Edited by UberAntics

I'm 14 that is sorta young if your under 14 i don't really count people as a brony/pegasister...

you don't count people under 14 as a brony? I don't really understand that logic. My 9 year old little brother is a huge fan of the show, just as much as I am. He's most definitely a brony, age has nothing to do with whether or not someone is part of a fandom.
  • Brohoof 2

I guess I'm "younger-ish" but MLP never gets in the way of school or friends or anything. I watch MLP, I would never ditch my friends just to watch a TV show, and school matters A LOT to me so I always do homework. Doesn't mean I do it right when I get home, I just get it done. 

I suppose voice acting comes kind of before school-ish because I typically voice act before homework, and a lot of my projects are MLP related, so it kind of gets in my way of stuff but not really....