Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared

Sectus

Very interesting video I was shown by a friend recently. Apparently, it is relatively popular and well known despite my being slow to discover it.

Anyone have any theories as to what this means? Also, what is the point of June 19th in these? The date appears in the second one as well.

Oh this. 8I

There's a second one if you were wondering. Not as creepy but gets horrifying :blink:

We all run out of time someday anyways

I saw the second one. It was admittedly a little easier to interpret and a bit less startling.

• 2 months later...

I thought these were pretty desturbing yet somehow pretty funny in a disturbing way. I like the seccond one better one though.

I have to agree with you. I love quoting things from both of them like, "Green is not a creative color," or "It's time to go to TIEM!"

• 1 month later...

The video is not just some random stuff. It has a very deep message hidden in it, but it requires some experience to analyze it consciously (otherwise, you'll probably understand it on some level, unconsciously, but you won't be aware of what happened).

It is made to resemble children's television programs (such as Sesame Street) on purpose: it is meant to show how the shows like this are defining "creative thinking" and "fun", by actually brainwashing children to think in a certain way under a cover of creative thinking.

Notice how the Notebook manipulates their conversation to direct them into particular ways of thinking. Especially the moment when it says "I use my hair to express myself". When one of the puppets questions it, the Notebook simply repeats the same sentence again, this time with more stress on it, not accepting any other way of thinking.

Later, they are told to assemble the names of their favorite colors from some pieces of wood, and when one of the puppets assembles "GREEN", the Notebook says that green is not a creative color. This is an allusion to the supposed "color code" the TV stations use when producing children's cartoons. Some colors are reserved for girls cartoons (like pink or purple), others are reserved for boys cartoons. There are also some "forbidden" colors, such as black and green, because they supposedly associate with "evil". You can see this in use in MLP too: what colors are used for Dark Magic? Black, violet and green. What color is Maniac's hair? Green. What color are false Cadence's eyes glowing and what color is her evil Magic? Green again. And I'm not saying about any green or violet or red, but the particular tints of them (the most contrasting ones). It could be also connected to the fact that in video editing, green is used for video compositing (green-screen composition) and color-keying. Everything which is green, would be invisible. So one cannot use green objects in the camera view if one wants it to be visible after color-keying. This means that green is usually absent from the scene, unless it is reintroduced by the artificially added background.

Also note that when one of the puppets draws a clown, which is not accepted by the Notebook (the dictator character), it pours an ugly black paint on it, covering the whole picture, as a form of punishment for not conforming to the mood of the show. (This painting of a clown reappears in part 2 of this video.)

And we can even see that this whole show is set up by some producers/directors: There is a moment when the whole scene turns into kind-of 3D scene, and rotates in a way that we can see camera men filming these puppets in a studio, and huge eyes watching the whole scene carefully that everything goes perfectly according to the script.

But then there's this freaking out scene with puppets getting overboard with their creativity, with living organs, meat and blood used as playing toys and being covered by brocade and sequins, resembling how children are forced to "play creatively". They use the patterns they were forced to learn, in the only creative way they've been left with.

After the event, the Notepad says that they should never get back to this and never be creative again. This is what these pseudo-creative and pseudo-educative children programs are doing actually: They show some stupid and boring stuff as "creative", to traumatize kids into thinking that creativity is what they see: some boring shit. (That's also what schools do.) So they either conform to the norm of what is creative and what is not, or they should never be creative.

There are some more symbols I have left out here (since I'm writing from memory). But after this explanation I hope you can figure them out yourselves, when you have a proper context for deciphering them.

• Brohoof 1

No, they're completely stupid random, not good random. Don't ask me what good random is but it's not that for sure. And after the end of it I said to myself "I think I'll stay away from LSD and other hallucinogenic drugs."

(edited)

Yeah, especially when you use your hair to express yourself :)

(BTW I was expecting someone will post this picture ultimately, but you're fast, @  ;) )

Edited by SasQ

The first video resembles how television/media is teaching kids how to be creative, with a bit of satire, such as "Green is not a creative colour.", mocking how although the attempt is to teach creativity, they are still limiting the capabilities of children. Once the video becomes gruesome and dark, a movie set is displayed, displaying media in a visual form. I suppose the following "brain in a cake" and "glitter covered heart" resemble what else media offers, such as [crude] comedy (the yellow figure dancing), gore/violence, and sex, deteriorating the brain of a child, and making them express their creativity in poor/bad ways.

I have yet to watch the second.

• Brohoof 2