Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where could I get Flash CS6?

Bronyette

I really need a Flash uprade. I'm still using 8!

I would like to know where to get it legally since all I ever find on searches is books teaching it or trials. 

Even -coughcoughapiratedcopycough- would be okay, but I would prefer to get it legally.   ;)

I'm really interested in pony animation and I even have a puppet of my character made and ready to go. x3 All I need now is the program. 

MOD EDIT: Do NOT link to pirated content, or give instructions on acquiring it. 

Edited by Aquila

Simply by downloading it from Adobe. There's a way you can download the original version and modify it to become the full version. If you already have the full version, you can download the update with the Adobe software.

Well, I dont want to link you to a pirate site because not only can I get banned for that but you could get into trouble as well.

But this site Iv linked below has almost ever Adobe software you could ever want and its very cheep.

I bough Photoshop Cs6 there for like 145 bucks.

Link

Edited by Onylex

(edited)

Simply by downloading it from Adobe. There's a way you can download the original version and modify it to become the full version. If you already have the full version, you can download the update with the Adobe software.

Now how would I go about modifying this? You can pm me about it, if it doesnt break any rules.

Also is the new Flash downwards compatible? I want to use older files for my animations.

Edited by Bronyette

Also is the new Flash downwards compatible? I want to use older files for my animations.

In the past, Macromedia/Flash has always been backwards compatible to a certain extent. Even though you may want to stick with older files, it's usually much more beneficial to learn the newer versions due to the advantages it brings. For example, older versions of flash are limited to Actionscript 2, while the newest versions use Actionscript 3 and beyond. The older versions of Actionscript, before three, are quite bad in comparison to the power one gains with AS3. I'm quite rusty on this part though, so do your research!

I wanted to add on to what  mentioned about Flash CC. As of now it requires a monthly subscription of $20 JUST for flash, but if you plan on using other products such as Photoshop, Illustrator and so fourth, you should grab the entire Creative Cloud package. While it does cost $50, you can get this lowered to a student price of $30 a month. Not sure about you, but $10 more to access programs which work hand in hand with Flash is incredibly beneficial to you. 

• Brohoof 1

SWIM has heard from my pet donkey (Not affiliated in any way to ponyverse or mlpforums.com) that you can obtain Flash for free from various torrent websites, with little to no risk of any action from law enforcement.

I should actually bring up you can be just fine with Flash 8. Adobe doesn't actually add anything you are going to miss with each new version of Flash. In fact the animators who make the show use Flash 8. It is the most stable of all the versions (won't crash as often) and is even superior when it comes to compatibility with the other Flash versions. You want really be getting anything that makes animation easier in Flash CS6.