Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you trust the Mane 6 to babysit your kids?

jackleapp81

73 users have voted

1. 1. Which member of the mane 6 would you trust to babysit for your child?

• Fluttershy. She's good with animals, so why wouldn't she be good with kids?
    • Rarity. Her meticulous attention to detail would make her a great caretaker for my child.
    • Pinkie Pie. She already has foal-sitting experience under her belt. I'm sure she could take care of my kids for at least one evening.
    • Twilight Sparkle. She seems like the responsible type, and her vast knowledge would make her a worthy candidate for my babysitter.
    • Applejack. Living at Sweet Apple Acres with her family has provided her with more than enough insight to handle one simple babysitting job.
    • Rainbow Dash. Her element of harmony is loyalty, so I'm sure she'd do whatever it took to take care of my child if she knew it meant a lot to me.
    • I trust all of them!
    • I'd prefer an actual human being to take care of my kid. I don't trust any of these ponies.

On second thought, I want Prince to babysit my kids. Fluttershy may die for them, but would she change her name into an unpronounceable symbol for them?

Highly doubtful. :okiedokielokie:

The Element Of Kindness Formerly Known As Fluttershy disagrees.

• Brohoof 1

Well, as much as I like RD, Twilight would probably be the best pony for the job. She's a very responsible mare, and she is very smart to cap it off. I think that she would have little to no issue babysitting my kid (If I had one.)

Applejack would also be a pretty good pick. She's probably had to take care of her sister some time or another. For all we know, she probably even has experience. Plus, she's fast at getting things done. I'd trust her with the job as well.

Heck, I'd probably pay them double.

well the title says the main six.

as in all the main six.  So yes I would trust the combined might of the main six to take care of my kids.

With the understanding they would use their full resources and influence to protect my kids.

I voted for Twi, Fluttershy, and AJ.  Twi and AJ are the most responsible, and FLutters has the experience with the CMC.

But really, most of all it's AJ.  She's basically Apple Bloom's de facto mom anyway, as Granny Smith is too old to do most of the day to day care.

• Brohoof 1

well...Fluttershy is shown to be very good with kids, infact if memory serves she was the first pony the Mr. and Mrs Cake went to, to babysit their foals.

Twilight is besy pony to me so i may be a bit biased about her, but she does take good care of Spike, is very responsible and she does seem to be good with kids too.

Applejack is also a very dependable pony and it is implied that she help raise Applebloom so she'd be a good choice.

Pinkie Pie, as shown in Baby Cakes, she can be a very responsible caretaker when she puts her mind to it, plus all the kids would love to play with Pinkie.

Rainbow Dash, i suppose would be a ok babysitter after seeing her interact with Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle but still not the best choice.

Rarity on the hoof...don't get me wrong, i love Rarity but i'm not really sure she'd make a good babysitter, after at the beginning of Sisterhooves Social she did not really listen to Sweetie Belle nor did she set any rules for what she couldn't do and what she could, also she didn't even have or come up with a excuse just that she didn't want to. 

overall i think the best babysitter would be Princess Cadence because out of all of them she has the most experience. :3

Well, I don't have kids so I have no idea what they would be like, but I'd trust Fluttershy. She has the most experience and if she can discipline a dragon, a manticore, and a creature of pure chaos then she would have no problem with children. As for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they were obsessed with getting Cutie Marks. Humans don't have them.

I voted for Twilight, Fluttershy and Apple Jack, for reasons stated (although you could have left the poll limited to just the options, and then let us discuss why).

I would trust Applejack the most. Not only is she the most mature and responsible, but she's got the closest knit family and she's used to dealing with younger kids as she lives with a younger sister of her own. We've seen her take care of the Cutie Mark Crusaders before and she's always done a great job with them. Applejack knows when to give in to kids but she also knows a thing or two about discipline.

My second choice would be Fluttershy. While she's made the realization that she's better at dealing with animals than kids, she did prove to have quite a knack for getting the Cutie Mark Crusaders to listen to her (something Rarity could not do). Fluttershy is very nurturing but I'm not sure she has enough backbone all the time which is why I think Applejack is the stronger choice.

Twilight Sparkle would be my third choice. Like Applejack, she is very mature and responsible. In Baby Cakes, she seemed to understand the hard work that it takes to tend to the needs of small children.

Pinkie Pie would be my fourth choice. Even though she struggled with the baby Cakes at first, she does have a lot more experience with them and she has grown to be a lot more responsible in general.

Rainbow Dash would get too complacent as she's definitely not the most responsible pony. Not to mention she's a bit lazy and impatient to boot. She's not the most understanding pony either, as we've seen Scootaloo's fears go completely ignored by Rainbow Dash for much of Sleepless in Ponyville, whereas a more empathetic pony like Applejack picked up on Scootaloo's frights and expressed concern several times.

As for Rarity, well she flat out refused to babysit the Cakes and had no luck with in getting the Cutie Mark Crusaders to listen to her, so if she has no interest in watching kids and has no ability in controlling them then she would definitely be the last pony I would want to hire.

• Brohoof 1

I HAVE KIDS?

But seriously, I voted for Twilight and Fluttershy. Both of them sounded like very good ideas. Plus, since I love both of them as they're in my top three...I could pay them and then get to hug them!!! *squees* Plus...seriously guys...Fluttershy...

Dat staremaster.

I definitely think Twi is the most responsible. After all, she does have to take of a baby dragon (Which I think is several magnitude times harder than a normal baby) who breathes fire, eats money, different physiology. This is why Twi is most suited as the responsible one.

I'd trust any and all of them, but when they are around, trouble just kinda follows, so I'd trust them as ponies, but not the situations they tend to get into if you know what I'm saying.

I'd go with AJ or Twilight.

Aj because she already is a family pony and no doubt has looked after applebloom on a few occasions.

Twilight because besides looking after spike since was born is very methodical and follows plans and check lists to make sure she does everything right.

Fluttershy i'm abit off on. She is kind hearted for sure however she is a rather anxious soul and doesn't have the same ability to deal with stress that the other two have. :)

• 7 years later...
On 2014-01-29 at 9:23 PM, Ianpiersonjdavis said:

I think I'd have more peace of mind with Fluttershy than any of the others.

She's kind, but she can still take care of others when she needs to and protect them from danger when necessary.

and fluttershy have the Stare so fluttershy is a good choice

On 2014-01-29 at 8:24 PM, hardcase said:

well any babysiter of mine has to be as awesome as me so Rainbowdash or Rarity

and  rainbow dash would be a awesome foalsiter

• 4 months later...
On 2021-03-25 at 12:23 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Honestly, I'd have to keep an eye on Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. I could certainly trust the others, especially Fluttershy. 

Probably Rainbow dash The element of loyalty and is an good sister/mentor to scootaloo 

See the source image

On 2021-03-25 at 12:23 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Honestly, I'd have to keep an eye on Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. I could certainly trust the others, especially Fluttershy. 

Rainbow Dash Waving BackWhat are we gonna do well Rainbow dash would be an good foalsiter  and Twilight sparkles is also a good foalsiter 

Edited by shadow565787
  • Brohoof 1