Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you look younger or older then you really are?

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

I'm 18 going on 19 but nevertheless, many people have said that I look much younger than I really am. It gets annoying after a while. Apparently the problem is mostly due to my odd facial structure. Not that I look ugly or anything, but my unique face is really what makes me look young. Even when I grow out my goatee, I still appear as though I'm 15-16 years of age.  :(

Then again, appearing young is much better than looking old one can argue.  :P

When I look at the mirror, the person who stares back at me would be somewhere around 30-35... Which is depressing. I want to look cute and young but I don't have the money or time to pamper myself ;-;

• Brohoof 1

I'm 19 and I've been told by other adults that I look like I'm 13 or 15.

Once at a restaurant, the waitress told me I couldn't have coffee because she thought I was 14 and too young. I wasn't offended, but I was like "...seriously?"

My relatives even sometimes say that they think I look like in 15 -__- it's funny.

I think it's because I'm skinny or that I'm kinda short? I don't even know how to react to those remarks. I mean, my mom tells me I'll appreciate comments like: "you look young" when I'm way older, but it's kinda embarrassing.

post-14906-0-82585800-1390798712_thumb.jpg

Edited by Samurott77
  • Brohoof 1

1469932_556293061115310_1199483443_n.jpg

People have told me I look between ages 12 to 16. 16 has been the OLDEST I LOOKED! I AM NOT WHERE CLOSE! I AM 19! IM GONNA BE 20 IN 2 WEEKS! ARGHHHHh!!!!

I guess..I do HAVE to agree...I do look pretty younger than my age, ESPECIALLY without make up. At least with Make up, i tend to look a LITTLE more mature. Depends on how I do it too.

Honestly, its sooooo obnoxious, I just wanna look 20.

I'm 19 and I've been told by other adults that I look like I'm 13 or 15.

Once at a restaurant, the waitress told me I couldn't have coffee because she thought I was 14 and too young. I wasn't offended, but I was like "...seriously?"

My relatives even sometimes say that they think I look like in 15 -__- it's funny.
I think it's because I'm skinny or that I'm kinda short? I don't even know how to react to those remarks. I mean, my mom tells me I'll appreciate comments like: "you look young" when I'm way older, but it's kinda embarrassing.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

OMGSH! I AM 19 TOO AND I GET THE SAME THING!!! I BEEN SAID I LOOKED 12!! OMG .-.

I totally feel ya.

• Brohoof 2

Older... I'm 23 years old. About a year go some 18 year old called me "Sir"... I was like wow what I'm am 100 to you?? 

Half the time ponies think I'm 30 or so... its just odd.. 

Few weeks ago, had my step brother and a friend of his stay over with me to drink a bit.. and his friend was thinking I was my step brother's dad...

Edited by ~Spitfire~

It's hard to say. It seems as if whenever I reveal my age to a questioning stranger they always seem surprised. I don't know if it's because they think I look younger or older. Frankly, I'm afraid to ask. :P

There have been people who have guessed at my age being around 18-19 which is too young. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but at least that's still considered an adult so I'll take it. Then you've got the real Einsteins who ask if you're the mother of your own younger brother. :blink: And even when I was a young kid/teen I didn't always dress like the typical teenybopper so some people just assumed I was older than I was.

I think I look my age, let's leave it at that. My voice is a whole different story.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

when I had my goatee or neckbeard people thought I was 20 or 21. I shaved my whole face last weekend and people say I look like im 16. Since ive lost weight and grown my hair long it has knocked years off of my appearance. A checker at walmart said have a good afternoon kid a couple of days ago. Seriously Im sick of getting id Im GROWN ASS 24 YEAR OLD  MAN. With a MLP shirt on and a fresh shave people probably think im in middle school. :umad:

• Brohoof 2

People tend to think that I'm much younger than I am. Like they think I'm 16 - 18 generally. I even got asked if I needed a kid's menu a few years ago (where the oldest age for them was 11. o.o).

I really don't understand this one because when I look in the mirror I don't see it... All I see is me aging faster due to the stress of the last several years. D:

I think people probably think I'm about the age I am, 25: I'll let you guys be the judge of that

I'm quite short and really skinny and still fit age 14 clothes, but I do have a beard and a bald patch, and I don't get ID for restricted to under 18 products, maybe the rules have been softend over here in the UK but everywhere I go buying stuff like alcahol nobody asks me for ID anymore.

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

I've been told both ways,  Usually if I keep short stubble (as usual) people say I look my age, if I go clean shaved im kinda baby faced :P If I grow a longer beard it makes me look way older xD Damn facial hair...