Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you look younger or older then you really are?

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

I'd say I look my age. Whenever people guess how old I am, their guesses are usually no more than a year off. I guess that's a good thing :P

I've had people think I'm 14, it's really annoying, you're lucky that you look your age.

I look a lot younger than I actually am and I HATE it. I'm 21, but I look probably about 4 years younger than that.

Same here, I'm 20, and many of my friends think I could pass for a 16 year old. Sometimes I resent how young I look, but I can also use it to my advantage. 

I can hang out on the high school grounds (with friends of mine who still go to the high school) and not look out of place, and not get into trouble with the teachers for not having a visitor's pass.

If I get into trouble, I can put on a great "I'm-just-a-kid,-I'm-innocent" look.

And if I put a girl's wig on and start talking in a really high-pitched voice, I can watch MLP without attracting scrutiny or negative attention from other people.

Okay, that last one is kind of a stretch, but still, my youthful appearance allows me to get away with a lot of things.

I'm guessing I look slightly younger than I am. Everyone's guess is always a year or two under my age. Then there was that time at my younger cousin's birthday party where the waiter decided to do that "here's a drink even though you're too young to drink and I just want to see your reaction" trick and I just sat there, thinking "I'm past the drinking age, you know..." 

• Brohoof 1

People always think I'm about 19 or 20. Maybe because I can't grow a beard to save my life? Maybe because everyone I work with smokes and drinks heavily to deal with stress so they look 5-10 years older and I watch a tv show instead? Whatever the reason, very few people think I'm 23.

that might explain my youthful appearance, I don't drink nor smoke, I don't see the point of either  >_>

• Brohoof 1

People used to think I looked younger than I really was. That was especially when I still had my baby face. Now... I don't get that anymore. A lot of people say that I've matured (physically) and that I look exactly my age. 

Sometimes younger, never older. As most have said, it can vary depending on how much effort I put into grooming myself. When I have the shadow coming in and let my hair get too long, people usually guess I'm around 23 or 24 (I'm actually 25). After shaving and getting a haircut, and making a modest effort to keep myself looking clean, I'll appear to be about 16 or 17 to most people. Considering I haven't physically aged at all since the age of 16 except for gaining the ability to grow facial hair, this isn't surprising. The goatee is just to help me look a little bit older. When I was working for a public school system a few years back, I was often mistaken for a student at the middle school where I was assigned. Growing the goatee helped to stop that.

Here's the only picture of myself that I own (because I hate having my picture taken) and already posted in another thread ages ago in the wake of BronyCon. It's just the infamous "walrus" picture of me with two straws in my mouth. Tell me if you think I look my age.

post-6104-0-15391400-1375933152.png

I did also look much more tired in this picture than I typically do because I was hardly sleeping and drinking a lot, so please consider that too. :P

At least I was never carded in Baltimore when ordering a drink.  :wacko: 

I have no friggin' idea. O_o What do you think? (being brutaly honest is totaly ok, I asked for it)

I guessed 23, then saw 22 on your profile. Close enough. :lol:

So I would say you look your age. Whether or not this is a good thing is for you to determine. :P

I think people probably think I'm about the age I am, 25: I'll let you guys be the judge of that

I would have said 27. Only two years off. Not bad, I don't think.

• Brohoof 2

I work in a gas station and we sell cigarettes, law where I live dictates that you have to be at least 18 to be able to sell them. I'm almost 22 and people always ask me if I'm old enough to work there. I asked somebody once to take a guess and they said 16. So ya, I guess I look a bit younger than I am.

I always look older than I actually am. I'm currently 16, but people think I'm 17 or 18. Part of that is because of my looks, but also because of how I act. I'm typically more mature than the rest of my fellow teenagers.

• I'm gonna turn 20 in a month. The other day i went to this pizza/arcade type place with my parents for lunch. The girl at the cash register then asked me if i was 13, to see if i would qualify for the kid's admission fee.13... I'm a freaking adult dammit! I coulda just lied and said yes to get a cheaper meal, but my self-esteem was too hurt for me to say yes.
  • Senior year of high school, I took Art as an elective, which has students from every grade level. On a cold day, i walk in wearing my letterman jacket that has my graduation date on it (2012) The people i sat next to through the whole year were surprised, because they thought i was a freshman.
  • At my job, i was talking to someone about school, when i mention hours, tuition and talk about my schedule. She gets really confused until she realizes that i'm not talking about high school, but about college. She thought i was like 16 years old, and was super shocked that i'm older than her.

My mom says its because i'm not very fashionable, and that i would look older if i just wore makeup.

I disagree, makeup just makes me look like a kid whose trying to look like an adult. I'm also a bit on the short side and have a really kiddish face, so i don't think it would make much difference. And my personality may also make me seem like a kid, since i barely speak and am rather naive and generally don't have a dirty mind like some others.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

• I'm gonna turn 20 in a month. The other day i went to this pizza/arcade type place with my parents for lunch. The girl at the cash register then asked me if i was 13, to see if i would qualify for the kid's admission fee.13... I'm a freaking adult dammit! I coulda just lied and said yes to get a cheaper meal, but my self-esteem was too hurt for me to say yes.
  • Senior year of high school, I took Art as an elective, which has students from every grade level. On a cold day, i walk in wearing my letterman jacket that has my graduation date on it (2012) The people i sat next to through the whole year were surprised, because they thought i was a freshman.
  • At my job, i was talking to someone about school, when i mention hours, tuition and talk about my schedule. She gets really confused until she realizes that i'm not talking about high school, but about college. She thought i was like 16 years old, and was super shocked that i'm older than her.

My mom says its because i'm not very fashionable, and that i would look older if i just wore makeup.

I disagree, makeup just makes me look like a kid whose trying to look like an adult. I'm also a bit on the short side and have a really kiddish face, so i don't think it would make much difference. And my personality may also make me seem like a kid, since i barely speak and am rather naive and generally don't have a dirty mind like some others.

I can relate VERY closely with this. Nearly 23 here, and I feel like I'll be at least 30 before I can buy alcohol without being carded. Or grow full facial hair for that matter. And being slightly lower-than-average height and more naive/innocent doesn't help either! I'll just look like a kid in a suit who can't be taken seriously by any employer! :angry:  Oh, and I looked like a freshman all throughout high school, too. I'm hopeless. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

People always think I am way younger than I am. I'm in my mid 20s but nobody would think so if they saw me. The only time people guess my real age is when i talk to them ( its the way I phrase things I guess, people told me I talk like a serious adult. Not really, just with people I dont know)

My voice sounds old from what I could tell. I called some people I had to talk to for different reasons ( college project, volunteer stuff) and they said such a formal hello on the phone when they heard my voice I almost laughed every time ( most were my age or older)

Mostly its because I dont like to dress my age ( every time I tried makeup it looked like I experimented in the dark, and high heels are horrible to walk on. really... I dont have a car and I walk a lot. I only wear sneakers and comfy shoes)

And at some point I had half my hair magenta ( which ofc made me look more like 17 than 20 something) !! Everybody says I should be happy about it but sometimes I feel that people dont take me serious enough because of it. 

Older, people still think I'm a senior or junior when I'm a sophomore.  I'm 16 but people think I'm 17 or 18.  (Not much a difference, but it's still a difference). Likewise someone once thought I was 15. (again not a big difference.)

I'm 18, apparently I look 20ish. I used to look older because of my height. In Elementary school, I was mistaken for high school age, I passed myself as 18 when I was 14 (funny story) and 19 when I was 16. I was tall for my age back then, but now I'm only about 190cm.

I barely go outside so I really can't tell, considering I was never judged openly. ^.^ My parents sometimes mention that I am really tall for my age (16, only a week away from 17). I'm around 1,85 cm, I think. Google says that 0.73".

Once I've taken a shower and put on some clean clothes or something, I'll post a picture for all of you to judge...

I do wish I could grow out my facial hair somewhat. I mean, it's there, it's really thin and fine, making it invisible unless put under a light... In which case it looks like its glowing. ._.

I have no friggin' idea. O_o What do you think? (being brutaly honest is totaly ok, I asked for it)

I guessed around the upper range of 20.

Oh? You're 22 (according to your profile)?

Close enough. I'd say you look your age, but don't take my word for it, I don't have many people to compare to as it is. :P

Edit: oh shit, I'm a dwarf! xD

yeah, fucked up with conversion. Whatever. :P

Edited by Oleg
  • Brohoof 1