Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ew, gross!

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I find hair in my food, a lot. Also, there's apparently gnats in my water... Well, that's gross.

THIS, you simpletons, is why I cook for myself!

It's also one of the benefits of winter - very few insects or other scavengers around.

Not necessarily true... It's winter, and yet gnats swarm my house like crazy...

I've never had any bad experiences with junk food but I once tried to make my own potato chips. I knew you had to cover them in cooking oil and since I didn't have any on hand I figured PAM would be an okay substitute. So I just sprayed a layer over all the chips and baked them in the oven for awhile. That was one of the only times one of my cooking ideas has turned out completely terrible. I ended up heaving the one I ate into the garbage and dumped the rest

I've never actually ate anything moldy, never found any bugs, nothing like that. Only a few hairs and a couplde pieces of bone in a burger. However, when it comes to disgusting stuff, Bulgaria was the winner. Power was out for two weeks during our four-week vacation. And their food was so bad that even though it was not spoiled, it literally got us ill. And when there was power, other stuff went wrong. Like, exploding bread. Literally. Never trust those mess hall toasters. And the food was the best bit of the vacation...

If there's something bad in a food, it will find me without miss. I always find creepy stuff in food, like hair, mold, bugs etc. If I have a cup of some drink, and there's a fly flying around a room, it will soon end in my cup. It's karma :P

But the creepiest thing I found in a sausage. It was a long, thick vein! It passed along the whole friggin' sausage! :{%%%

I couldn't eat any sausages for several years after that.

Those are the risks of eating meat. People eat different creepy things. Some notable examples:

chicken_head.jpg

Porchetta-Snout.jpg

(Yeah, you see it right: it's a friggin' pig snout!!!!  :eww: )

franklin-barbecue-snout-sandwich.jpg

But vegetarians have to be careful too...

frog-in-salad-bag.jpg

Edited by SasQ

• 5 years later...

aside from junk food..Oatmeals and Sandwich. Try eating these everyday of your breakfast and lunch..you'll grow sick of it even to the point of looking at it. Ironically, I still have to eat them.

Ooh, this happened to me last night actually. Was eating a burger from Burger King (crispy chicken sandwich, actually) and I got a piece of plastic wrap in one of my bites. I spat it out immediately, of course, and gave it a look. Then I just tossed it and continued with my food. :P

What? I'm not gonna throw out a burger over that. I'm poor, I need my food. ;c;

This one time I was eating a box of Whoppers and I came across one that was really chunky and chewy. Whoppers aren't supposed to be either. I spat it out and I've never eaten Whoppers since. :mlp_gag:

Another time I was drinking an Arizona Tea. I don't know exactly what it was, but there were like, chunks of stuff floating around in my tea. I had to pour out the whole can. ;c;

The grossest thing I have ever found in/on my food is mold. This happens the most in my house with fruit and bread. My parents have a nasty habit of keeping food even though it’s expired. They say that food is fine even if it’s past the expiration date. I know that’s true for some foods but I refuse to risk it.

I’ve found rodent poo stuck to the underside of a microwavable cheeseburger once (before I took a bite, thank goodness), and I opened up a thermos filled with very old milk, and THAT was the stuff nightmares are made of! :yuck: 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:31 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

I've pieces of human hair in my food before from fast food places and it disgusts me every time. :eww:

That's why you need to shave the human first before you cook them up and eat them :)